making a (purchase) controller decision based on bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes ..
Silly question: I don't know how to start a new thread.. Any help is appreciated.

Its just the Serum you mention is a wavetable synth, which isn't the same as a sampler. Though I do find it amazing what was achieved both then and now.

Just press "Post New Topic" button near top left of main Bitwig forum page.

AmyTree wrote:Its just the Serum you mention is a wavetable synth, which isn't the same as a sampler. Though I do find it amazing what was achieved both then and now.

Just press "Post New Topic" button near top left of main Bitwig forum page.
Yes Amy you're right.. Serum however can also import a wavetable and play with it, as it is a wavetable Synth. Waves just announced the same capability with Codex. I am moving this reply to the new topic.. thanks Amy.

c-wave wrote:Thanks guys for the replies, and sorry for my delayed reply as I live on North America west cost.
Yeah I know at this price I won't get a $1,000 keyboard.. after all this is business and things gotta cost money to build. As I said earlier, I have the Panorama P6 and the only gripe I have with its hardware is that the white keyboard keys (!!) are noisy unless you play softly on them or the music is loud. But they're sturdy. I used to go regularly to the local music shop (big one with several controllers on display); I tested allota them and the P6 feel on the keys is the closest to the APC keys (edited), but overall much nicer looking. Its now sitting in my living room and my wife isn't complaining :)
I was thinking selling my P6 and buying a P1 instead (same but no keyboard and no Drum Pads), but I guess now I will wait for about a week and decide on which one to keep and which to sell.. I don't have space for both :)
These are the amazon reports.. they's dated (one year old) and they're a couple of fellows, so.. here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Arturia-230431-Ke ... rds=keylab
Holy smokes that reads horrible :o Can't relate my experience to those really. For me the KeyLab is the one controller I would actually keep from those I tried. It's not a piano keyboard, but I like it for synths - have a Doepfer LMK3 for piano. Let us know how it goes for you!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Holy smokes that reads horrible :o Can't relate my experience to those really. For me the KeyLab is the one controller I would actually keep from those I tried. It's not a piano keyboard, but I like it for synths - have a Doepfer LMK3 for piano. Let us know how it goes for you!

Cheers,

Tom
Hmm.. I thought it was fishy..the extent people can go to to bad mouth the competition! Anyway I will wait for the keyboard and tell anybody interested to know.
Last edited by c-wave on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anybody heard anything as far as support for the max49 goes yet?? ran into some financial issues and cant afford another keyboard purchase :(

sorry to bump an old post but I also have an Akai MAX49 and no Javascript experience so if there is any Bitwig Controller script that would work with it I'd be much obliged

I love my P6, its a great board, I also have push, but prefer the P6 - push is ok for sequencing and drums, but not so much if you play keys...

I suspect the Panorama update will be linked to the 1.2 update so that all the new presets are mapped ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Bitwig”