Possible to use controller API to extend keyboard shortcuts?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First off, huge kudos to the BW team on 1.1. HUGE improvements across the board and many criticisms were addressed...definitely feeling much cozier in the software now. One thing that still gives me pause is the lack of some fundamental keyboard shortcuts for general workflow purposes e.g. solo/mute, hide/show plugins, etc.

There's a clever piece of software for Ableton Live called Kimidi which I'm sure many Live users are aware of:
http://stc.wiffbi.com

This basically acts as an intermediary to translate specified keyboard commands to midi, fed back to a controller script in Ableton in order to extend the keyboard functionality of Ableton.

I'm sure something like this could be possible in Bitwig, especially seeing as to how much work they seem to be putting into extending the API functionality in the recent release notes. While controllers are great, I'm still infinitely more productive with just a mouse and keyboard and like to get as much mileage as I can from just those two things. I know how to translate keyboard presses to midi, but I don't know anything about API scripting or how I would take those midi messages and make them functional...hopefully someone here could provide some insight.

Return to “Bitwig”