GUI question

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!!! I looove Tracktion but how do I get rid of this? The only way is to minimize or flip between tabs. No big deal but it does get in the way. Is this an issue with my PC? Sorry and thanks for your help!!!

Tracktion GUI.jpg
this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Same strange behavior here - T5 - latest build - win xp

Same plug-in?
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

All that means is you have a very low end graphics card (maybe even motherboard based one), and/or you have a slow cpu or little ram, nothing to do with Tracktion :-/

also running win XP - I eventually had to upgrade to win7 64bit, a lot of the new software is just too cpu intensive for Win Xp

Upgrading your VGA card with something that has at least 2 gig ram will do the trick if the cpu and/or ram is decent.

How can you tell if RAM is the issue? I use other DAW's and never had this before. It's not like I am running a very demanding program graphically.. Currently using GEForce 9600M on the laptop.Thanks

Also, try reducing your color depth from, say, 32-bit to 16-bit. Now, pictures and movies might be not quite as sharp, or possibly you won't see the difference visually; but there may be some less processing required for the GUI.

Oh, BTW - that's a WINDOWS setting, not T5. Although there may also be the option somewhere in there as well ?
Last edited by Peter Widdicombe on Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

I've had this issue many times before, I also build PCs, 2gigs of ram on the pc motherboard is not going to cut it, but yes a better video card with ample ram will help with the ghosted images, it's a common indication the video card is not cutting it. :-)

Well this does not happen in any other of my programs. I went down to 16 bits and still the same behavior.
It does not even happen in Reaktor when running Prism or Razor that have graphics components. I do remember you could implement a function where the window content wouldn't move just the frame until you release the mouse. Perhaps this would be the solution.

Well, some older programs are a lot more cpu light than others, as you start upgrading your music programs, you will get this effect. But, the reason you see it mainly with Tracktion it's because Traction renders the "entire visible window" as a graphics object and requires a little more graphics rendering cpu usage than others, say like notepad, which has very little graphics rendering. You might consider an upgrade regardless, because as programs continue to upgrade, you will notice this more... Just my 2c... ;-)

The upside of T working that way is, if you resize the Tracktion window at any size, you still retain everything inside the screen, instead of getting scrollbars which you have to move around to see the entire screen, a feature I love about Tracktion :)

But yes, I do realize it is happening mainly in Tracktion because of how it renders its window, unlike other true mainstream windows software which uses the usual windows gui framework.

OK makes sense will be upgrading soon anyhow. Thanks!

I don't believe that this has anything to do with the video card (integrated or dedicated). Perhaps the drivers, but even older integrated video "cards" should not struggle with this.

I agree with Mivo.

You could update video drivers but:

It is fairly easy to uninstall/reinstall Tracktion and I'd give that a shot before changing anything on your PC.

Regards,

theoldguy
It is time to come together in the middle of the road.

Return to “Tracktion”