SquaredHeads Nora: Arpeggiator (2.5 Released!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nora

It's a very competent version, intuitive and fast to use. I hope you enjoy it :)

Nocturnal909 wrote:I saw this since you can use it without Max for live now and it cheap as chips.
J74 Progressive SE. I still like Nora too.

http://fabriziopoce.com/progressive_se.html
Thanks, just bought it now. I sold Live recently, so this is pretty cool to see, I hadn't been aware of this when I had M4L.

Edit: and just after learning how it works exactly, I like it, though I will prefer EzKeys outputting Midi to Nora, thank you very much, you get real time feedback of what it will sound like in your mix and have so much more control (like adding a keyswitch via velocity on a specific note in the timeline, for a specific instrument among the many that you can sequence at once) :hug: . I think that is actually the killer combo, use Ezmix for the basic chord progression, and Nora to arpeggiate it all. It is very easy to get and tune what you want over the course of a complete song all within these two, just use the default basic chords from EzMix, nothing at all fancy, and use both plugins' timelines along with your DAW to plan out your whole song. It's a party, it is my one-man band dream come true. :party:

Well, of course, you could use MidiYoke or whatever and use ProgressiveSE just for its chord progressions to drive Nora. I guess I will have to check that out, one thing Progressive has over EzKeys is mapping to scales and then editing via scale degrees, you can do do that pretty much in Ezmix but it doesn't tell you the degrees and you need to know the scales and what chords work with them. So I guess I will try and get Progressive inputting directly.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

squaredheads wrote:It's a very competent version, intuitive and fast to use. I hope you enjoy it :)
Yeah, it comes with a lot of phrases so it is easy to get into :tu:

Need some help please...

I can't figure out how to drop in a phrase from the browser other than at the beginning (bar one).
I mean this: I have extended the pattern to two bars and try to drag in a phrase to bar two, but it always lands in bar one.
Am I missing something or is this not possible ?

AFAIK, No_Use, that's not how Nora works.

Nora fills the patterns from location 1.1.
All the included patterns have notes in that area. So they will all drop into position starting from 1.1.

If you do not want notes in that area you will need to create patterns that do not contain notes at 1.1. The pattern will still drop into 1.1 but that area will not contain data so nothing will sound until Nora reaches the notes it's supposed to play.

However, the same can be achieved by sending the chord to Nora from the DAW at the desired start position. In other words, say your song starts at 1.1 but you do not want Nora to sound until 2.2 so you start your chord to Nora at 2.2 in your DAW.

Hope this makes sense.

EDIT: Lengthening the pattern to 2 just means Nora will play out until it reaches the end (2 in this case) before it re-triggers.
Last edited by dsan@mail.com on Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Hi,
you have to use Playlist for this kind of merge / use multiple phrases.

edit: seems you want to place empty space before the phrase if so...again you can do this easily in playlist

yellukhan wrote:Hi,
you have to use Playlist for this kind of merge / use multiple phrases.

]
The only disadvantage using that method is there is noway to merge or glue any finalized chains into a singular preset for recall via the browser.
Other than that the playlist is ideal for chaining.

If we're at asking questions- I recall seeing in one of the old version's YouTube tutorials that there was an option to map a single key to play a chord independently of the arp, so you could play melody on the keyboard and it'd output chords. In that tutorial there we're presets of the diatonic chords in different modes etc.
Where can I find this feature?

Thanks!

P.S- after having used Nora for a few weeks now, I can say that it has broken a creative barrier I had, and for the first time I can say that a software has changed completely the way I make music nowadays, and I'm truly grateful for that. 8)

Ariel s wrote:If we're at asking questions- I recall seeing in one of the old version's YouTube tutorials that there was an option to map a single key to play a chord independently of the arp, so you could play melody on the keyboard and it'd output chords. In that tutorial there we're presets of the diatonic chords in different modes etc.

Thanks!
I believe you are referring to Noraharm which comes as part of Nora, its a separate plugin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztmGuTPv8hg

Thanks for the help guys, can't try it out yet , not in front of music PC currently, but just to clear up, because it has been mentioned...I didn't try to have empty space at the beginning, what I wanted to do is drag in a phrase at bar 1 and another one at bar 2 and wondered why the first phrase always gets overwritten when I drag in a new one.

Anyways, looks the key to my 'problem' is using the playlist which I admittedly haven't looked at yet. :oops:

kurodo wrote:
Ariel s wrote:If we're at asking questions- I recall seeing in one of the old version's YouTube tutorials that there was an option to map a single key to play a chord independently of the arp, so you could play melody on the keyboard and it'd output chords. In that tutorial there we're presets of the diatonic chords in different modes etc.

Thanks!
I believe you are referring to Noraharm which comes as part of Nora, its a separate plugin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztmGuTPv8hg
Yeah, that is what I was talking about. Now I just need to find it on their website, which is a challenge in itself.

Ariel s wrote: Yeah, that is what I was talking about. Now I just need to find it on their website, which is a challenge in itself.
If you have downloaded and installed Nora then most likely you already have Noraharm.
Check your plugin folder for Noraharm.
Nora quietly installs Noraharm by default.

kurodo wrote:
Ariel s wrote: Yeah, that is what I was talking about. Now I just need to find it on their website, which is a challenge in itself.
If you have downloaded and installed Nora then most likely you already have Noraharm.
Check your plugin folder for Noraharm.
Nora quietly installs Noraharm by default.
Mmm..I have just Nora and Nora demo installed in there. I'll look at the zip I downloaded after the purchase to see if there is anotherl installer just for Noraharm.

Many thanks! :wink:

Its embedded in the installer. Make sure both is selected for install type.

kurodo wrote:Its embedded in the installer. Make sure both is selected for install type.

Thank you so much kurodo. I guess I overlooked it when I was installing Nora. I'm gonna reinstall and get it done properly this time.

Return to “Instruments”