Splash Screen Bug & Sound Drivers (Win7 64 bit)

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

this is the situation:
-Win 7 64bit (computer for internet, onboard soundcard, not my serious machine)
-2 days ago i installed the latest demo and choose the asio drivers from the options
-the next day i got this splash screen bug (bitwig does not open)
-fl studio 64 bit does not open aswell (32 bit version opens)
-reeintalled bitwig -> does not help
-windows system setting back to the date before 1st installation of bitwig -> does not help

So i reeinstalled Win 7 completely, now bitwig works, but i am afraid to change it to asio again, as i read on other topics this should cause the problems...

My question: on my serious music computer i have a RME hdsp aio soundcard (pcie) that has its own asio drivers. So if i decided to buy bitwig and install it on my serious machine is it recommended to use the RME soundcards asio drivers, cause i do not want risk a complete win 7 reinstall on my serious music computer.

I've never had any problems with ASIO on Bitwig so far, I suspect something strange happened on your machine that wasn't directly Bitwigs fault. It should work fine on your RME computer using ASIO though. If you were using ASIO with an on board audio device then I'm guessing you were using ASIO4ALL as asio drivers, while they're really awesome for people without decent audio interfaces they're really not *true* ASIO drivers and are prone to problems.

In short, I think your RME machine will be fine, I see NO reason why a machine that sounds likes its dedicated to audio should have any kind of problem with Bitwig.
Formally known as CnuTram.

I have a similar issue on one of my machines.

Someone here gave me a workaround:

Start another host that uses the driver first, wait for it to load and then start Bitwig.

In my case I run Tracktion first and once that is up I start Bitwig and then close Tracktion once Bitwig has started.

This is with creamware Pulsar soundcards installed, even though I'm not even using it as the Asio client, I'm using an Rme multiface!!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Thanks for the replies.
CnuTram wrote:If you were using ASIO with an on board audio device then I'm guessing you were using ASIO4ALL as asio drivers
That is true, on that machine was only the asio4all driver.
VariKusBrainZ wrote: even though I'm not even using it as the Asio client, I'm using an Rme multiface!!
Cool :)
But that trick did not work because FL Studio 64 bit did hang on the splash screen... but did not try with FL 32 bit and then opening bitwig...

What worries me is I read sth. about a "scope asio driver" (no idea what this is) that causes the problems...

Hi,

everything is working alright on my RME-Computer with the RME-Hammerfall-Asio-Driver and I have bought Bitwig :)

(so i am already opening a new thread with beginners questions)

Cheers

Yup, works fine with my ancient RME multiface.
Its the presence of Pulsar audio cards and the associated SCOPE drivers that cause the problem.
And I have no problem on the laptops Ive installed it on using ASIO4ALL, Peavey Xcite or Digitech RP255 (both sub £50 USB interfaces)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Bitwig”