Bitwig Studio 1.1.6

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everybody,

Bitwig Studio 1.1.6 is available for download on http://www.bitwig.com/en/bitwig-studio/download.html. Here is the list of changes:

FIXED - Buttons not responding in activation popup dialogs.
FIXED - Controller API: position observer of cursor device always reports -1.
FIXED - On Linux and some keyboard layouts pressing certain modifiers (like Alt-Gr) could stop keyboard shortcuts from working.
FIXED - Resetting frequency parameter of comb device resets to lower value than actually possible.
FIXED - Devices with certain modulation routings broke the document graph, causing solo to stop working and output to crackle.
FIXED - When extending end of raw audio event beyond the maximum length of the event, the successive event might be partially erased.
FIXED - Crash when moving notes to different lane in folded note editor after moving launcher clip cursor.
FIXED - When copying clips on arranger with automation follow sometimes there could be duplicate automation points on top of each other.
FIXED - Solo, routings, sends and browser preview became slow in large projects.
FIXED - Controller API: observers for parameters of nested devices don't fire after loading document.
FIXED - Unwanted thinning of events when duplicating or copy-pasting automation regions.
FIXED - Controller API: has-layers-observer always reports true for plugin devices.
FIXED - Automation events imported from MIDI files have wrong value range.
FIXED - Controller API: selection observers in cursor device layer don't fire.
FIXED - Application could crash if openning a broken document that contained multiple drum chains for a single pad - now it shows error message instead.
FIXED - Adjusting tempo on reversed audio in inspector makes waveform disappear.
FIXED - Automation events imported from certain MIDI files contain lots of redundant events.
FIXED - Controller API: delayed notification of note deletions.
FIXED - Mouse-wheel was acting funky on EQ displays and drum machine.
FIXED - Button (on/off) automation write affects the automated value outside of the recorded region when recording the first time.
FIXED - VST parameters are not restored when assigning a preset to a nested chain.
FIXED - Automation not updated correctly in arranger when drag-inserting points in clip content editor.
FIXED - Changing track mute during session recording makes the track output remain silent even when not muted.
FIXED - EDIT panel layout: automation lane in arranger note editor (clip content mode) shows the content of the clip launcher automation editor instead of arranger automation editor.
FIXED - MIDI CC data not imported with MIDI clips.
FIXED - Occassional crash when making time selections in the detail editor.
FIXED - Potential hang of application when shutting down.
FIXED - Prelisten in browser randomly plays loops at wrong speed.
FIXED - Moving raw audio snippets can create gaps after the new event end.
FIXED - OSX launcher requests to download JRE 1.6.
FIXED - Not possible to show the clip launcher in the mixer panel in the dual monitor studio display profile.
FIXED - Mixer panel could allow resizing to a smaller height that it should really allow.
FIXED - Adding a raw audio clip from browser results in wrong length of the clip.
IMPROVED - Controller API: it should be possible to call addDatagramPacketObserver from other observers to make IP address user configurable.
IMPROVED - Controller API: add device bank for siblings of cursor device.
IMPROVED - Allow the note receiver device to receive the note output of devices and not just tracks.
IMPROVED - Increase the maximum number of files that can be dragged from the browser from 50 to 128.
IMPROVED - Controller API: better support for navigating device slots.
IMPROVED - Controller API: layers in DeviceLayerBank should be sorted by drum pad layout in case of drum machine.
IMPROVED - Controller script for CME Xkey.

Happy music hacking!

Volker
Volker Schumacher, developer at http://www.bitwig.com

Nice, thanks
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Danke

Thank you for the update, its is very much appreciated. :)
FIXED - Mouse-wheel was acting funky on EQ displays and drum machine.
It would be really nice if the mouse wheel worked on other things too, like the knobs and sliders, though with a key modifier to help prevent accidental changes while navigating.

Great! :) What a long list of fixes! Thank you!

Thank you but I was hoping to get the 1.2 Update :)

Thank you!!!

And now........ skip 1.1.7 and straight to 1.2!!!!
Dont care if i found bugs or whatever :hihi: , i just wanna see :love: and feel :love: it in action...
I just feel it...... i JUST feel it! Its coming right??? :pray:

Ok.. sorry, quality takes time :wink:

consolidate still not working

it brings back the original clip
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:consolidate still not working

it brings back the original clip
I can't reproduce that problem in 1.1.6. Could you create a project where this bug happens so we can investigate?

try to cut some sample into more than two parts then delete some part of it > http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=421578
please check the animgif in the first post, not sure about the bug but the two BWS version is working differently (1.1.5 is more logical for me)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:try to cut some sample into more than two parts then delete some part of it > http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=421578
please check the animgif in the first post, not sure about the bug but the two BWS version is working differently (1.1.5 is more logical for me)
I did that bit out worked for me. Clearly you must be doing something different to me. Would really appreciate if you could save a project with one track that had this problem so I can easily reproduce.

xbitz wrote:try to cut some sample into more than two parts then delete some part of it > http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=421578
I can't repro in 1.6 either. what OS are you on.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

same here, here is a project file..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Suloo wrote:same here, here is a project file..
That project file has only one clip in it so how do you consolidate multiple clips if there is only one clip? I was expecting a project file that looked like the screen capture above.

What are you doing in this project file?

nickallen wrote:
I did that bit out worked for me. Clearly you must be doing something different to me. Would really appreciate if you could save a project with one track that had this problem so I can easily reproduce.

I figured it out I think. It appears to only happen when the sample is set to "raw" mode. Here's a project where you should be able to load and test .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B47OBy ... sp=sharing

If the sample is set to "stretch" then it doesn't happen. Hope that helps :)
Formally known as CnuTram.

Return to “Bitwig”