seems like Ableton going on the offense now

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Isn't it just another marketing things from ableton?

Yes and actually it looks like they want to invite people to join their crew.

But at the same time it looks like teasing possible future features.
Maybe it's just to bridge the (probably long) time to Live 10.

Looks cool I guess. Im sure Bitwig is gonna do one talking about them thinking differently and refining and improving a lot of the common things in a DAW.
Ive been wanting to see a "meet the devs" video from Bitwig for a long time
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

seems like they are searching for skilled people to me :D

oh, has been said already..never mind

I'm glad they feel satisfied with themselves... Maybe they should fix Max4Live before they pat themselves on the back??? I mean, a feature that costs a LOT more money to get, shouldn't be a risk for you to lose sessions??? jussayin'!!! If live had plugin sandboxing like bitwig, I'd feel a LOT safer with it. That's the whole reason I was excited by Bitwig, I lost SOOOOOO many songs with Ableton.

Cheers... V.

This thread seems out of place x) fun that ableton do marketing, but wont change my mind about bitwig, i am so excited about 1.2
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

ronnyrydgren wrote:This thread seems out of place x) fun that ableton do marketing, but wont change my mind about bitwig, i am so excited about 1.2
I dont think it,s out of place.... Because so many poeple here are wining and asking that things dont work in BWS as in Live. (of course, they look the same but doesnt FEEL!!! the same )

codec17 wrote:
ronnyrydgren wrote:This thread seems out of place x) fun that ableton do marketing, but wont change my mind about bitwig, i am so excited about 1.2
I dont think it,s out of place.... Because so many poeple here are wining and asking that things dont work in BWS as in Live. (of course, they look the same but doesnt FEEL!!! the same )
Well this marketing does nothing to do with bitwig. And putting a link from a new video about ableton is defently out of place. Sure there are people who misses function from ableton aslo there are people who prefer bitwig. But you cant say a video about ableton marketing video belongs in a bitwig forum. Doesnt really help devolope bitwig or help users to understand bitwig more. If ableton users Feel that bitwig is too early can sure complain about missing function in bitwig, anything that makes it better. But marketing video really...
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

We will see how serious Ableton is when Live 10 comes out.
The competition between Ableton and Bitwig will probably heat up in 2016.
Either way, the consumer wins.

The video reminds me that I should stay away from closed software.
Last edited by markussomething on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

much love y'all, out to ableton crew for awesome
i

I'm done. Too much hipsterino

markussomething wrote:The video reminds me that I should stay away from closed software.

Btw anyone need a real cheap transfered Bitwig license?..
Cheers, Markus. Have sent you a PM.

Wow Ableton has a big team! Kinda makes me respect bitwig even more for achieving what they have already with such small team (that I know of) . :tu:

At the end if the day, competition in the market is a good thing for us users.

Return to “Bitwig”