T6 feature requests and bugs

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's weird,

Midi export is a basic functionality. And so aideful for notation editor.

MIDI export is available via the standard render menu item "Export -> Render to a file". Simply select MIDI from the format dropdown.

Remember to set the options as you require, the most common mistake is to have the "Pass through Plugins" option ticked which means any synths will consume your MIDI notes.

[quote="dRowAudio"]MIDI export is available via the standard render menu item "Export -> Render to a file". Simply select MIDI from the format dropdown.

Remember to set the options as you require, the most common mistake is to have the "Pass through Plugins" option ticked which means any synths will consume your MIDI notes.[/quoted]

I new I had to be tripping like I said Trackion has been my main daw for a long while so I only been importing midi an that's even more rare these days most my music making that use midi is a Vst or Rewired to Tracktion so all my files still get stored in Tracktion either way but thatch for the insight I new TSC didn't forget something that vital to making music like Hommer Simpson say (Dope!) :tu:

Win 64 T6

I finally got round to installing video codecs to play with the video scoring feature.
Loaded up a file and great!
Clicked on X4 - wow that's big!
Clicked on half size - disappeared!

Having dug around in the tracktion.settings file I discover that the x/y coordinates for the video window are large negative numbers. I managed to hack it back into view with a hex editor.

There needs to be a way to access the video window properties without right-clicking on the window. Move from the task bar seemed not to work.

Ricky Bee wrote:
crisis-at-music wrote:Tracktion 6.1.0 on Windows 7 x64 fails to scan the 64-bit VST2 version of Xpand!2 by AIR Musictech properly.

Also the x64 VST version of Attack from the Waldorf Edition 2.0 fails during the plugin scan.
Does Xpand!2 32-bit VST load ok (for you) in T6 32-bit for Windows 7/8.1/10?

I too couldn't load the Xpand!2 64-bit VST in T6 64-bit, so reverted to the 32-bit versions.

Prior to this, Xpand!2 2.2.1 (32-bit) was working fine for me first on T5 32-bit, then on T6 32-bit (Windows 8.1 and after upgrading to Windows 10).

However, I'm currently grappling with what I believe to be PACE iLok license authorization issues after upgrading Xpand!2 2.2.1 to 2.2.6 and trying to load it in Tracktion T6 32-bit on Windows 10.

I've done lots of uninstalling and reinstalling of components, including wiping PACE, T6 and Xpand, then installing from scratch starting with Xpand!2 2.2.1 (PACE anti-piracy control was originally bundled with the Xpand installer) followed by earlier versions of Tracktion T4/T5 (just in case there was a compatibility issue). None of this worked. When trying to load Xpand!2 2.2.1 into T6, it required me to upgrade the PACE s/w independently. The Xpand!2 license file isn't found by the new PACE s/w, which I believe is causing the VST plugin scan dialogue box to freeze at 50% in T6.

Xpand!2 is a great plugin, love it. Also love the ease of Tracktion. No experience with other DAWs, and have no desire to buy another at this point in time; happy with Tracktion T5/T6.

...I'm currently chasing Air Music Tech to help resolve this.
Managed to sort it with a bit of further experimentation.

Conclusions:
1) The change from the old PACE s/w drivers (bundled with the Xpand!2 installer) to the new PACE iLok s/w (separate) which has a different architecture, can cause confusion. I've sorted that.
2) The main issue is that Tracktion T6 cannot successully load some 32-bit VSTs, such as Xpand!2. Therefore, install Tracktion T4.3.0 and scan for VSTs, which works. You don't even have to uninstall T6 in order to do this. When you open T6 again, the scanned VST will be available in the list.
3) A querk... Before upgrading to Xpand!2 2.2.7 (using a cross-grade license which I activated via the separate iLok s/w), I moved the old 2.2.1 version dll to a safe folder. Next, I scanned for the upgraded VST (Xpand!2 2.2.7) using Tracktion T4, which successfully loaded it and showed it in the plugins list. When opening T6, it still showed the plugin as Xpand!2 version 2.2.1. However, I opened a previous composition using Xpand!2 and it worked, which I means it's definitely picking up the newer 2.2.7 dll (because it has the same filename as the earlier version 2.2.1) but hasn't read the metadata for the file version, because presumably that's only read and registered in the plugin list when loading from that version of Tracktion.
4) Tracktion needs to sort the VST scanning function in T6 and make it as robust as the T4 version!
5) As per previous posts, Tracktion should also develop and test popular 64-bit plugins, such as Xpand!2. I'm going to need access to that extra 4Gb memory soon!

Hurrah!

Native LV2 support for Linux :tu: . There are many high quality LV2 plug-ins (modern Linux plug-in standard).

Has far as I can tell Carla-VST doesn’t include the ability to control any of the LV2 parameters within Tracktor, other than wet/dry signal. Plus I've tried a few Calf plug-ins http://calf-studio-gear.org/ in carla-vst( Tracktor as host) and some of the visualisation plug-ins don’t work as expected.
Last edited by Bio~Rhythm on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

strogon14 wrote:1. Can we have LV2 support on Linux? Pwetty PLEASE! :)

2. Separate threads for bugs and feature requests would make it much easier to see if a bug was already reported.

3. Or even better: a public bug tracker, where we could search for bugs, add comments and follow their status.
LV2 In V6 would be nice!.

Please add full meta data option to make a print out of all my plugins processes even the text plugin, my files and tracks in the edit that is saved as a document

The ability to have/create shortcuts for track input selection (midi/audio). Being able to play and arm different tracks on the fly, without mouse interaction, would be a big deal for using Tracktion live.

As a former Tracktion user, I did a quick demo of T6 when choosing my new DAW, but eventually had to give up:

- ghosting artifacts of plugin GUIs, like shadow copies of the GUI left behind when moving them (T6/32bit on Win7 64bit)
- couldn't find a way to zoom a midi clip to fill the arrangement area
- couldn't find a way to hide the input panel (left side), just the inputs which makes little sense imo
- the mixer panel contents (filters, meters, fader) don't stretch with track height

The one-page interface is great, and everything is easy and fast to use, I just feel it needs anti-aliasing and a bit more overall polish/update in visual terms.

.jon wrote:As a former Tracktion user, I did a quick demo of T6 when choosing my new DAW, but eventually had to give up:
Hi .jon! Glad to hear you gave Tracktion another go but sorry you gave up. Here's some feedback on your issues to hopefully explain why things are like this:
.jon wrote:- ghosting artifacts of plugin GUIs, like shadow copies of the GUI left behind when moving them (T6/32bit on Win7 64bit)
A few users experienced this on Windows and I think it was down to having Windows Aero disabled. Is this the case for you?
.jon wrote:- couldn't find a way to hide the input panel (left side), just the inputs which makes little sense imo
That's a fair feature request but the input panel doesn't take up much space in terms of UI. At the moment that area remains visible as it's useful for selecting tracks and seeing the track names.
.jon wrote:- the mixer panel contents (filters, meters, fader) don't stretch with track height
They stretch to some degree but not the full height as this would look a little odd.
.jon wrote:- couldn't find a way to zoom a midi clip to fill the arrangement area
This can be done with a macro now:

Code: Select all

Tracktion.zoomAroundSelection();
var track = Tracktion.getTrackFromSelectedObject();
var height = Tracktion.getTrackAreaHeight();
Tracktion.setTrackHeight (track, height);
Tracktion.scrollToShowTrack (track);
.jon wrote:The one-page interface is great, and everything is easy and fast to use, I just feel it needs anti-aliasing and a bit more overall polish/update in visual terms.
Everything rendered in Tracktion is anti-aliased (unless it's a 3rd party plugin that doesn't have anti-aliasing). Where exactly are you seeing aliasing?

Thanks for the feedback

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have Aero disabled (Reaper with it's terrible GUI looks moderately better without Aero), so that could be the reason.

I see that having the left panel visible all times makes sense, but due to the icon placement and graphics, clicking it didn't give the results I expected.

Having the meters and faders stretch a bit more would be beneficial for usability, they remain very short and look quite funny on a track with a MIDI editor open.

Macros? That's pretty cool, I didn't realize T6 had those.

Perhaps it's just the strength of anti-aliasing then, but type and rounded corners look quite rough depending on their size.

I believe there is a bug with the routing of submixes anywhere other than the default/master audio output. If a submix is routed to another track or nested within a higher submix, all processing on the submix track is disabled. Audio is still passed to the subsequent channel, but it ignores the volume/pan filter and any VSTs present on the submix track (even the level meter becomes inactive). Sending the submix to the master/default output re-engages all processing on the submix.

Several other users have encountered the same issue, as documented here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=452228

Hello everyone

I've been a Tracktion user since I got T4 bundled with my Behringer gear, and I haven't looked back. It's the first DAW I've used on PC, but I have been familiar with music composing software on other older computers.

I've been having a problem since version 6.2.3 which seems weird (it happens on 6.2.4 beta and 6.3.0 as well):

I use Guitar Rig 5 (64-Bit version to go alongside the 64-Bit version of Tracktion) for my Guitar Distortion. On playback of my track it sounds the way it should in all versions, however the last version that actually renders it properly is 6.2.1.

I'm fearing that it will come to a point where T7 will come out (or a way more advanced version than 6.2.1) and it will still have this issue, and I'll be stuck to stay with an older version.

Any help that that can be provided or any ideas on how to get my tracks working in 6.3 would be appreciated.

You forgot to say what the actual problem is with your tracks.

Return to “Tracktion”