scaling time of selected notes?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, this is something that can be done in at least Digital performer (and maybe just the same now in ableton warping midi), "time scale" the selected midi notes, making a sequence 20% shorter, or 120 larger, or anything like that. Its possible in bitwig? im new to it (i really like this boy!)
organizing sounds

There is no automated way to do this. You are able to select all the notes in the midi clip and move the end time of one note and all the selected notes should follow. Though they all move by absolute values rather than as a percentage. For finer control you can hold SHIFT key while you make the move or click and hold then move the value of Length in the inspector.

hi, but what im trying to do is different.
I dont want to make the notes longer or shorter, but the sequence. like if you where time stretching it.
organizing sounds

After selecting the midi clip, there's the "x2" and "/2" buttons in the inspector panel to double the length or half it. But yeah, I do miss my piano roll tools from FL. But, if you do a little poking around on this forum, you'll see they're hearing this often and *hopefully* have plans to implement some new toys for us to dabble with. :pray:

yep, its a pretty nice feature than can be in the inspector panel, without need of bloated menus/sub menus. you can edit velocity, humanize, etc, in a great way in that panel, i like it.
organizing sounds

powermat wrote:But yeah, I do miss my piano roll tools from FL. But, if you do a little poking around on this forum, you'll see they're hearing this often and *hopefully* have plans to implement some new toys for us to dabble with. :pray:
The midi tools are one of the reasons I still have to fire up FL. I particularly like the strum tool for that guitar-esque vibe.

Return to “Bitwig”