Merging regions

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible yet to merge midi regions together?

If not, just a feature request, i'd love to be able to drag two midi regions on top of each other (holding a modifier key ) and have it merge the midi contents of the clips together. Or alternatively select a bunch of clips and select a 'merge contents' menu item.

ie if you had 4 tracks of midi, press 'merge contents' and they combine into one.

this could also work as a natural extension of the 'bounce' functions. For audio a 'bounce into one" or 'combine bounce) would be a handy addition. Ie you would select some audio regions and a 'bounce into one' would combine all the selected regions into one. [a bit like merging layers on photoshop!) i know it's already possible to achieve the same result other ways but this would just save some clicks. so yes, having a bounce-into-one item could also work for both audio AND midi.

Cheers!

Is 'Consolidate' Cmd+J what you're looking for ..?

svervs wrote:Is 'Consolidate' Cmd+J what you're looking for ..?
No, I think he means merging midi notes from different clips into one clip, basically like stacking clips on top of each other...

I dont think its possible. Even trying to record midi simultaneously from different tracks using note recievers only appears to take midi from the last device in the chain.

This is possible, though it takes longer than a built in feature to merge selected clips.

Place each clip on a different instrument track in the arrangement view, so that each clip you'd like to merge occupies it's own track. Create a new instrument track and select the first instrument track as it's midi input. Record. Select the second instrument track as it's midi input. Make sure the OVR button is highlighted and record. Rinse, repeat for all midi that you'd like to merge.

You can do this with 2 instrument tracks, but you'll be swapping the clips a bit.

We could use some midi tools love from the BW team, for sure. :pray:

Edit: Disable all devices and bump up the BPM for faster process. :ud:

You can also go into the midi clip, use the time selection tool to select the notes and copy note region, then paste into the destination midi clip using the object selection tool (arrow). You just have to be a little careful where you copy and paste from, to get the timing correct.

Do you mean the possibility to overlap clips? If yes, +1 from me for the option.

Hey I think I found an even quicker way!!!
Here it is:
1. Use the time selection tool in layered clip editing mode to select the region:
Before.png
2. Press CTRL+X for cutting the selected region.
3. Press CTRL+V for pasting the cutted region. Result looks like this:
After.png
(That works in version 1.1.6.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks guys.

U u u, nice find.

None perfect but will suffice until the devs give a bit more love to this aspect :-)

Cheers

Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features.

lol

Return to “Bitwig”