Spectral bug when using FL Studio

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi LinPlug!

I've noticed annoying bug in Spectral when using FL Studio DAW. At first, I'm using:
Windows 7 SP1 x64
FL Studio 10.0.9 x86
FL Studio 11.1.1 x64
Ableton Live 9.1.7 x86
Spectral x86/x64 1.2.4

The bug is pretty weird. Steps to reproduce it:
1. Start FL Studio (no matter 10.0.9 x86 or 11.1.1 x64) and load Spectral with any preset.
2. Go to piano roll and make any melody (one note is enough for test).
3. Press play button once (with spacebar), you will hear your melody. Press stop button (spacebar again).
4. Repeat step 3 exactly 64 times (!) and after that every played note will hang. I.e. when you pressing a key, you hear a note, but when you releasing a key, note doesn't stop playing, so I have to press stop button manually to stop hanged note. To fix this, I have to reload the plugin, but it is pretty annoying to reload Spectral periodically.

When I'm using Ableton Live, this issue doesn't occur. Also, Spectral 1.2.2 doesn't have this issue, it occurs since version 1.2.3 (1.2.3 - 1.2.5 for now).

Thanks!

Thank you for the detailled report, Chojja,
unfortunately I cannot reproduce it though. I tried various presets and always start/stopped transport 70+ times (with playing a note just as you described) and it was perfectly fine here. To further narrow this it would be interested if it maybe depends on the preset, so let me know one where it happens for you. Further, does the note to be fully played or do you stop transport during the note sounding etc, best is if you could create a "song" where the problem consistently happens on your system and send that to me (but it might not be possible, when its depending in start/stop). FOr now I'm sorry, I have no idea and no other reports that shed some light on this.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Thanks for your reply, Peter!

Here more detailed instruction how to reproduce the bug:
1. Start FL Studio 11.1.1 x64 with empty template, load Spectral 1.2.5 (let's use the latest version with clean install, no matter demo or registered mode).
2. Load preset "3 Cousteau's Space ja" located in "demo sounds" folder, for example.
3. Go to piano roll and draw one note, let's say C5, duration - 8 steps.
4. Switch to pattern mode (if not yet), press specabar two times to play and stop C5. Repeat this exactly 64 times. You can just hold spacebar on ~10 seconds to quickly reproduce the bug (FL will play and stop the note continiously). It emulates multiple play-stop pressing while I'm working on my music.
5. After that, press and release any note on your MIDI keyboard or click any note with your mouse on virtual piano keys and you will hear that pressed and released note goes non-stop playing, it just hangs. But FL Studio shows that key isn't pressed (how it should to be). To stop the note, I have to press global stop button in FL Studio.

Also, I've tried my old Windows XP x86 to make sure this is not OS bug - same problem there.
I'm using Roland Quad-Capture UA-55 soundcard with latest driver 1.5.2 and Novation Impulse 49 keyboard, if it matters.
Actually, this is the first time I'm facing such problem with synthesizer. Obviously, something went wrong since Spectral 1.2.3 (1.2.2 works great), and now it conflicts somehow with FL Studio (again, with Ableton Live 9.1.7 x86 everything is fine).

I've made simple project to quickly reproduce this bug: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/379 ... 25_bug.flp (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/379104/spectral123-125_bug.flp)
Just load it in FL Studio 11.1.1 x64, hold spacebar on 10-15 seconds and after that press any key on your MIDI. Chance to reproduce - 100% (for me). Sadly, I have to stay on Spectral 1.2.2 for now.

Thank you for hanging in Chojja,
I can reproduce it using your flp song and instructions, I let you know once I know more.

Huh, I can't reply to your PM for some reason. Anyway, I just tested your new version 1.2.6 that you sent to me. Looks like the bug is fixed, everything is fine! I've tried FLS 11.1.1 x64 / FLS 10.0.9 x86 and Spectral x86/x64 in various combinations and I can't reproduce it. Notes and chords plays flawlessly!

Thanks for support!
Last edited by chojja on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you for confirming !

Return to “LinPlug”