Midi Clip Fold Issue?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone. I'm having a problem with the midi clip fold function in Bitwig. Often, it just doesn't seem to work. I'll have midi notes in the clip and try to fold it, but when in the fold view, all of the notes in the piano roll are still present. I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong or if it's an actual software issue. I tried searching to find a solution but came up empty. For example, I'll have several Spire synth tracks created and will drag the same midi clip onto each track; fold won't work properly. Has anyone else experienced this? Perhaps there's something I'm doing without realizing it that's causing the folding to include every note on the keyboard? I'm not sure if this is an actual bug or not so I'm hesitant to report it before I know for sure.

I'm on a Mac using the latest Bitwig 1.1.7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.5
www.WeAreMadHouse.com

Hi RickyRiot,

well I hardly use the fold option at the moment. But when I do, it also feels a bit buggy from time to time. I've had it too before that my folding does not seem to work.

I'm on Mac Yosemite with 1.1.7

Are you sure that´s not just the notes that are in another clip on the same track? Makes sense for me to show them when wrapped.

Tearing Riots wrote:Are you sure that´s not just the notes that are in another clip on the same track? Makes sense for me to show them when wrapped.
No it's not. I created a new session with just one clip to show the issue I'm having. It's very strange and frustrating at the moment. Really slows down creativity for me. Still 100% love Bitwig though.
www.WeAreMadHouse.com

FortunOfficial wrote:Hi RickyRiot,

well I hardly use the fold option at the moment. But when I do, it also feels a bit buggy from time to time. I've had it too before that my folding does not seem to work.

I'm on Mac Yosemite with 1.1.7
Maybe it's a 1.1.7 issue. I don't recall having this issue prior to updating. Sometimes folding works correctly, but others it won't. Oddly, moving the clip onto another track, folding is back working. Then it will stop again. Definitely a headache.
www.WeAreMadHouse.com

Quick update for those having the same issue. Folding seems to work normally when the clip is on an instrument track with a single instrument on it and no other plugins or effects after it. For some reason, as soon as I add a some kind of effect post instrument, the folding goes out of wack and includes all of the notes in the piano roll instead of just the notes played in the clip. If I take that clip and drag it to another track with just a single instrument and no other plugins after it, the folding seems to work for that clip again. Very very strange behavior that I can't explain. I have submitted this to Bitwig on their support page. Hopefully it will work as normal soon. Really a workflow killer.
www.WeAreMadHouse.com

Return to “Bitwig”