Next action Stop

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Before I send in a report to the tech support team, I thought I would ask here first, to see if its a silly mistake on my part.

I have a clip in the launcher that is 1 bar long that I want to stop after 1 bar. So, I set the 'Next action do' to Stop. Then set 'after' to 1.0.0.00. When I press play it keeps looping and does not stop.

If I set the 'after' to 0.3.3.99, it stops after playing once.... great !

I thought it might not be reaching 1 bar, maybe some rounding error so set the clip to 2 bars and the 'after' to 1.0.0.00. Again it keeps looping.. not great.

Anyone else come across this?

Bitwig 1.1.7 / 1.1.8 rc2
Win 7 64

Works here? (PC)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

works here too on mac

Thank you for checking. When I try it with a new document, it works as expected.

I tried re-loading the document with the problem, and it persists. Maybe there is something corrupt within the file. I have attached it in case anyone wants to look. I've stripped everything out leaving the problem clip and another clip.
weird loop.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hm yea, strange actualy. Couldn't find a reason.

Thank you Suloo. I will send it in to Bitwig HQ, they may find a cure to prevent it happening again.

Disable the Arrangement loop, then it works. weird...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

hm, either i misunderstand something or it still doesn't work. The tic time is set to 1.0.0.0, so it should stop after one bar. But the clip length is three bars. Without the loop the stop action triggers after the whole clip length is played and doesn't react on the time anymore.

It stops after one bar here...?

ah yea, here too..

Thanks Tom, disabling the arranger loop, just makes it run and run here, but as it does not loop,it plays the once.

It looks like I have some clip data on the arranger at the end of bar one, you need to zoom in. Even just highlighting the blue clip on the arranger, appears to make it work again!

I fear I don't follow. What did you expect to happen? The playback to stop?
For me it works just fine, other than that it shouldn't loop even with the arranger loop active IMO. That looks like a bug to me that somehow feels familiar - there were several situations where the arranger loop confused the app...

Let's see what support says ;-)

Cheers,

Tom

I fear I don't follow. What did you expect to happen? The playback to stop?
For me it works just fine, other than that it shouldn't loop even with the arranger loop active IMO. That looks like a bug to me that somehow feels familiar - there were several situations where the arranger loop confused the app...

Let's see what support says ;-)

Cheers,

Tom

I expected the clip to stop playing after 1 bar but it does not. If I highlight or remove the blue clip on the timeline and start it, then it will stop.

As I said, it stops for me if the arranger loop is off.
But you may need to restart the scene, since BWS is having a problem with actions of already enabled/playing clips.
Actions overall are not 100% solid in all situations in my experience.

Cheers,

Tom

Return to “Bitwig”