Your prediction for Komplete 11

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14 Kontakt Reaktor

Mystic wrote:All I can say at this point is NI better do a massive revamp on the interface and browser for Kontakt 6 because Kontakt 5 is a pile of rubbish in the GUI department.
+1, that and just Kontakt 6 in general would be plenty good reason for me to pick up KU11.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
Mystic wrote:All I can say at this point is NI better do a massive revamp on the interface and browser for Kontakt 6 because Kontakt 5 is a pile of rubbish in the GUI department.
+1, that and just Kontakt 6 in general would be plenty good reason for me to pick up KU11.
I think the one thing that's almost a dead certainty in K6 will be a UI update - though I doubt it'll be as transformative as perhaps some are hoping. Look at Battery 4, Reaktor 6 etc to know how K6 will look overall, I'd lay money on that. But as for how that will work internally within instruments is much more uncertain. I would have thought things would generally be a bit clearer, a bit bigger in line with the UI.

Perhaps its juuuuust possible that K6 would arrive with Komplete 11 in March if the rumours are true about it currently being in Alpha. More realistically it might miss the K11 release though, and K6 hit us around this time next year. That would likely leave a year's gap until K12, there'd be a lot more anguish over that than the Reaktor 6 decision.

So that's my current guess - March Komplete 11 with a couple of new Reaktor 6-powered synths, a few more Kontakt libraries and a smattering of other goodies (and personally I dare to dream of a Kontrol 2.0 that is actually functionally useful). Kontakt 6 September 16.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:Kontakt 6 September 16.
Might not be that bad (FOUR Kompletes with the same Kontakt in them? Nuh-uh, I don't think NI would like that). We'll see. :P

Holy shit... I have my credit card in hand and will be all cramped up waiting that long. Hope Evildragon is right.

budweiser wrote:
Holy shit... I have my credit card in hand and will be all cramped up waiting that long. Hope Evildragon is right.
Waittasecond, where did this September 16th date come from? Is this for real? (pant)
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
budweiser wrote:
Waittasecond, where did this September 16th date come from? Is this for real? (pant)
Nope, it's speculation. But tbh, there's no real contender to kontakt (halion is a gui mess and machfive is a crash fest on pc - at least for me), so NI should decide to code kontakt 6 with their little finger without having to worry...

digitalboytn wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:I heard they will add a GlockenSpiel in Kontakt 6. I needed one.
:lol:

There's also going to be a komplete collection of sampled spoons :wink:
Then it's possible that Komplete 12 will offer Kutlery? :hyper:

budweiser wrote:
Apostate wrote:
budweiser wrote:
Nope, it's speculation. But tbh, there's no real contender to kontakt (halion is a gui mess and machfive is a crash fest on pc - at least for me), so NI should decide to code kontakt 6 with their little finger without having to worry...
Well, all props to Kontakt, great plugin. But I'm not sure they surpassed classic Alchemy in certain areas. That's what I'd hope for in Kontakt 6, personally.
Ha ha suck it!

Sorry - the importance of punctuation. When I typed September 16, I meant September '16. What a difference a squiggle makes, I slapped my own hand in self-disgust. Anyway, let's stop that 16th rumour right now.

I'm liking Mr Dragon's thoughts though. I'd be delighted if it were March '16 to time with Komplete 11.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

dogzilla wrote:
digitalboytn wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:I heard they will add a GlockenSpiel in Kontakt 6. I needed one.
:lol:

There's also going to be a komplete collection of sampled spoons :wink:
Then it's possible that Komplete 12 will offer Kutlery? :hyper:
Funnily enough, sounds like that can be found in Kontakt, for instance just mess a bit with the presets in Kinetic Metal to get something not too far off.
Ha ha suck it!

budweiser wrote:
Apostate wrote:
budweiser wrote:
I think he means September 2016, not September 16th chaps.

I would not be surprised if that was right. March maybe though.

It is not just Komplete 11 but Ultimate too, for which we would be looking for around 10 new products probably, and that just isn't going to happen for a while yet.

Apostate wrote:Well, all props to Kontakt, great plugin. But I'm not sure they surpassed classic Alchemy in certain areas. That's what I'd hope for in Kontakt 6, personally.
...if NI ever wanted to compete with Alchemy they probably would have some time ago (though we'll see what kind of impact on the market future versions of Alchemy will have under Apple's roof and how other developers will respond to that). If not for a completely new synth (which I doubt) either Absynth or Reaktor would have been the logical candidates for an addition of additive synthesis/resynthesis (if NI wanted to add that to their portfolio). I hope they'd consider such features for Absynth, which for a competition with Alchemy has a better feature-set and graphical structure than Kontakt ...

loachm wrote:
Apostate wrote:Well, all props to Kontakt, great plugin. But I'm not sure they surpassed classic Alchemy in certain areas. That's what I'd hope for in Kontakt 6, personally.
...if NI ever wanted to compete with Alchemy they probably would have some time ago (though we'll see what kind of impact on the market future versions of Alchemy will have under Apple's roof and how other developers will respond to that). If not for a completely new synth (which I doubt) either Absynth or Reaktor would have been the logical candidates for an addition of additive synthesis/resynthesis (if NI wanted to add that to their portfolio). I hope they'd consider such features for Absynth, which for a competition with Alchemy has a better feature-set and graphical structure than Kontakt ...
It amazes me how often I see Absynth come up in discussions even peripherally about Alchemy. Absynth has a great sound and cool waveshaping capabilities (among other great features), but I stopped bothering with it way before I bought Alchemy, in my experience the latter synth (for example) just has so much more to offer (I'm not going into details as this has already been outlined in more thorough threads). I really don't see it stacking up to Alchemy, or the cream of the other instruments from NI personally.

Maybe it's just me (shrug).

I will break Absynth out again though, just because it keeps coming up. I know it's a very good synth. Hmmm, time for a session. Thanks for the motivation!
Ha ha suck it!

Absynth is special and its own thing. I wouldn't ever compare it with Alchemy.

EvilDragon wrote:Absynth is special and its own thing. I wouldn't ever compare it with Alchemy.
...not sure, if you think I did (I didn't). I just think that the options I mentioned would be better implemented in Absynth than in Kontakt, but maybe I misread what Apostate meant?

Return to “Instruments”