Your prediction for Komplete 11

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14 Kontakt Reaktor

digitalboytn wrote:
Scotty wrote:I'd like to know what features are missing from Kontakt .... streaming across computers perhaps? but what else would it need to do that it can't do now?
Well...I suppose it could do the most fundamental thing that a sampler is supposed to do...

It could always sample :wink:
That's Kompletely true! :clap: :pray: :help:

Given the facts that:
  • Symphony Series instruments will not be included in KOMPLETE
  • NI partnering up with 5 acclaimed instruments builders promoting their NKS "ready" products
  • Seemes like NI is Releasing more and more hardware, and less Software
It seems to me like NI has changed there business strategy, focusing more on the "infrastructure" than on the end-products.

My guess is that NI will abandon Guitar Rig. Hasn't seen much new in that front for years, and others like IK Multimedia seems to be more and more established on that front, utilizing more disruptive technologies like tablets og smartphones.

My other guess is that NI will be focusing on Reaktor and Kontakt, as there main KOMPLETE product line - so most likely they will release an updated version og Kontakt 6.

Being the fact that they have changed there business strategy, and one of there close contenders has changed there business model, with the "Custom Shop" - My guess is that NI will move in that direction to, with option to buy Kontakt, and from within Kontakt, by third party libraries - thus moving further and further away from the KOMPLETE series, and more in the direktion of buying a platform (Machine, Traktor, Kontakt, Reaktor) with at Hardware controller.

What i hope for in KOMPLETE Ultimate:
  • Replace Guitar Rig with a dynamic convolution platform (like Acustica's Nebula)
  • Updated Kontakt, with better GUI, faster loadtime, and incorporated third party online library browser (besides all the improvement of sound mangling features)
  • A release date in near future. :D
  • Making it a REAL KOMPLETE DEAL, including Machine, Traktor, 9 outstanding synths, and symphonic series :wink:
Last edited by Nicolaibob on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nicolaibob wrote: [*]Making it a REAL KOMPLETE DEAL, including Machine, Traktor, 9 outstanding synths, and symphonic series :wink: [/list]
That's a pretty deep & thorough analysis :tu:
BTW - KOMPLETE in the beginning was really complete. It was NIs whole lineup.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Nicolaibob wrote:[*]Updated Kontakt, with better GUI, faster loadtime
Kontakt is already optimized to the bone regarding load time - it cannot be any faster than it already is, really. The thing is that big libraries with lots of samples mapped, lots of groups, modulators and effects used, WILL always take time to load. You can alleviate this by having your sample libraries on an SSD, though, but that's about it.

DrGonzo wrote:
Nicolaibob wrote: [*]Making it a REAL KOMPLETE DEAL, including Machine, Traktor, 9 outstanding synths, and symphonic series :wink: [/list]

/C

Traktor was out 3 years before KOMPLETE. So it was never complete.

KOMPLETE 11 will contain lots of new ensembles which contains new blocks. And probably little else
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

ericj23 wrote:
DrGonzo wrote:

/C

So it was ALMOST KOMPLETE then... :party:

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

TRAKTOR is a completely different product line than KOMPLETE, it was never meant to be a part of KOMPLETE. Ditto MASCHINE.

EvilDragon wrote:TRAKTOR is a completely different product line than KOMPLETE, it was never meant to be a part of KOMPLETE. Ditto MASCHINE.
I know - I just think its kind of ironic and funny, marketing a product as "KOMPLETE", and then ... it's not (not even within their own product line) :clap: But then again - that's just a battle of words - nothing more :wink:

Kalamata Kid wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:Yea if the upgrade for K11U from K10U is $299 that IS a tough sell. If Kontakt 6 is there maybe not as hard.

I would still love to see their non Reaktor instruments updated but I am not sure if that will happen.
For me if Absynth is included I will SPEND the $300 from my K8. I skipped K9 and K10 as there was no Absynth and nothing else to really motive me to spend $300.
Absynth is included in Komplete 10 Standart and Ultimate.

Elektronisch wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:Yea if the upgrade for K11U from K10U is $299 that IS a tough sell. If Kontakt 6 is there maybe not as hard.

I would still love to see their non Reaktor instruments updated but I am not sure if that will happen.
For me if Absynth is included I will SPEND the $300 from my K8. I skipped K9 and K10 as there was no Absynth and nothing else to really motive me to spend $300.
Absynth is included in Komplete 10 Standart and Ultimate.
Meant to say "For me if Absynth 6 is included I will SPEND the $300 from my K8. I skipped K9 and K10 as there was no Absynth 6 and nothing else to really motive me to spend $300

Not sure how I screwed up that post. Sorry.

I've got KU10, and there really is so much in there already that I'm not too concerned (yet) about what's included in KU11.

I've had Komplete since v. 2 and used to upgrade immediately. But the past two upgrades I just waited for the 1/2 price sale and picked them up that way. The only new product which I would really want in KU11 is the new Acoustic Guitar sample set. But I got that separately during a 1/2 off sale, so now I'm good. (Great product BTW.)

All the new Reaktor based instruments and effects have been interesting, and I can always dig out some great new sounds from them. But they are not, at this point, essential. Fun, yes. But not essential. In fact, for the past few upgrade cycles, much of what has been included could have already been duplicated using the existing Komplete gear. So unless there's another full software upgrade (Absynth 6, Battery 5, Kontakt...etc.) I'll probably wait it out again for the 1/2 off sale--usually a year or so after release.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I sincerely hope they don't do that. At this point, I'm not so certain that there'll be another Guitar Rig, but I do hope the current version gets maintained. The routing options are very nice for sound design.
Nicolaibob wrote:
  • Replace Guitar Rig with a dynamic convolution platform (like Acustica's Nebula)

Guitar Rig is one of the best parts of Komplete.

I could see adding other things, but not at the expense, or loss of Guitar Rig.

What would make more sense is for them to roll their other standalone effects into Guitar Rig, and call it Effects Rig, or even just Rig.

Since it is progressively becoming less-and-less guitar-centric anyway. :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

DrGonzo wrote:
ericj23 wrote:
DrGonzo wrote:

/C

So it was ALMOST KOMPLETE then... :party:

/C
Traktor DJ was part of the original Komplete bundle as far as I recall, although it was removed from subsequent releases.

Return to “Instruments”