still no fade?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm catching up and haven't messed with Bitwig in awhile. Just updated to 1.2 and surprised to still not be able to easily fade a clip without using automation (which is a pain).

Am I missing something or are fades still 'in the works'??

Track groups are great!! :hihi:

Jim

Still no fades like that. Hopefully coming soon. It's a popular request.

Thanks for confirmation. Reading through the change log and didn't see anything there either.

Maybe in 1.4? :)

Jim

Now it can be implemented only when Microsoft will request it :)

That's my Prio 1 wish too :-)

My prio one wish is fix thise got damn annoying bugwigs bugs! Rather less bugs then faders, after that i want faders :) and comprecordinh
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

I asked this in a recent post too - It's not a show stopper but it is a shame, a big shame

What kind of fades do you need?
Often using the "gain" expression automation in the clip view is already a great workaround

You find it as shown in this picture - only that it is a bit blocked by the histogram and it shows the pitch expression there, you just have to click on "gain".

When drawing in the gain fades, you can even see the level of the waveform changing.

Cheers,
Dom

When I do crossfades Dom I don't even use the gain. If I want to fade between Clip A and Clip B I just put them on two different tracks, line them up right, and automate the track's master volume on each. I turn one up and the other down. I do it all the time.

I don't mind using two tracks but I think what people on the forum have been wanting is to just kind of slide one audio clip over the other on the same track and allow them to crossfade. Someone on the forums drew a GUI mockup for what they're talking about.

Oh yeah, in my mind the idea of clip fades got lumped together with crossfades. It's crossfades that I always hear people asking for.

But if I wanted to just fade one clip out I'd do like Dom said and just automate the gain down on that particular clip.

I've seen more comments on the forum about crossfades though, not just fading a clip out.

Faders /crossfaders are so much more frendly than gain in editmode... But if u want to crossfade u need to teacks in bitwig, which goes against bitwigs talk about workflow... I hope we get crissfaders and comprecording and all those goodies for an update maybe in next term :pray: :tu:
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Why you all want fades/crossfades options if we have new cowbell device? :party:

Please stop trolling the thread, Geek Model.

Thanks,
Dom

Return to “Bitwig”