UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:45 pm Video demo displaying two patches from the upcoming library Falcon Singles - Metal Percussion/Barrel Drums - multi-sampled oil barrel and derivatives thereof.
Simon this sounds outstanding. To this day, yours are the only patches I've heard that make me want to reach for Falcon.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:30 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:45 pm Video demo displaying two patches from the upcoming library Falcon Singles - Metal Percussion/Barrel Drums - multi-sampled oil barrel and derivatives thereof.
Simon this sounds outstanding. To this day, yours are the only patches I've heard that make me want to reach for Falcon.
Thank you, that's nice to read 😀

UVI Falcon is $199 until March 18. I am tempted, but I just bought the Icarus 3 upgrade and Tone2's wavetable expansion.

Korg Supporter wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:56 pm UVI Falcon is $199 until March 18. I am tempted, but I just bought the Icarus 3 upgrade and Tone2's wavetable expansion.
Falcon has had free upgrades since 1.0 and has a $100 voucher when you buy it that you can use for the expansions or anything else in the store. This is the lowest I have ever seen it! It has become so much more powerful and can make any sound you want (Sample, Synthesis, Physical Modeling) and also has MIDI Out.

You can use all of it's script processors to control external hardware or other VST's. So that's over 20 unique and individual sequencers each with their own presets. Plus all the other scripts that you can use as MIDI Out that are all together probably 100. You can also get user made scripts that you can find online to use within Falcon or outside it as well with MIDI Out. I have few good ones I found online that I added to Falcon. I would say that it's MIDI scripts are almost like the Players in Reason Rack because you have Chords, Scales, Strum, Arp and Sequencing. But they are a bunch, not just a handful. Also most of the effects they sell at UVI are already integrated into Falcon in some fashion.

There are general presets and then there are the effects presets and multi effect presets, then individual presets from the different oscillators and effects as well as different modulators. So they are thousands! There are a ton of stuff that you may not see at first glance so you would have to start exploring then you will see all the other good stuff in there. Also all I just motioned is just the factory stuff. When you add other soundware or expansions then you just multiply it's functionality. It's almost a DAW at this point where their soundware acts as plugins, LOL! All for $199 it's insane!

^^^This

Yeah but still no demo version, then it is hard to recommend the plugin to others, since you buy a black box.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:12 am Yeah but still no demo version, then it is hard to recommend the plugin to others, since you buy a black box.
Strange logic.... If there is a demo, why would I ask in a forum when I can try myself?
The person is asking because there is no demo but the fact that there is no demo doesn't have any impact on the quality of the product itself.

l33t4e wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:22 am
Korg Supporter wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:56 pm UVI Falcon is $199 until March 18. I am tempted, but I just bought the Icarus 3 upgrade and Tone2's wavetable expansion.
Falcon has had free .....
.....All for $199 it's insane!
Fully agreed.

Jac459 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:16 am Strange logic.... If there is a demo, why would I ask in a forum when I can try myself?
The person is asking because there is no demo but the fact that there is no demo doesn't have any impact on the quality of the product itself.
Ah was a articulation problem. I just mean, people would be it more certainly, if there was a demo.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:21 am
Jac459 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:16 am Strange logic.... If there is a demo, why would I ask in a forum when I can try myself?
Ah was a articulation problem. I just mean, people would be it more certainly, if there was a demo.
Ok gotcha!
Agreed 💯.

I'm in a dilemma here...
I had the UVI Falcon at the time, upgraded to version 2.0 and liked it very much.
But when i needed $$ i had to sell it to help me gather funds for the Hardware Prophet 10 rev 4.
So i kinda miss it - but at the same time i also have these vst plugins:
- VPS Avenger (which although not as complex - still is a multi engine synth and simpler to navigate)
- Komplete Ultimate 14 CE (which means kontakt and 3rd party libraries, massive x, reaktor etc)
- Arturia V collection 9
and so on.

So i'm asking myself to what extent this will be overkill.
With the vst's i already have - i have virtual analog, fm, wavetable, sample mangling, additive and so on.
But Falcon 3 is very tempting - and it has all these new sequencers which i can route to my hardware synths (Prophet 10, UDO Super 6 and Moog Matriarch) so it seems very useful even if i won't use its sounds (although regardless if i use it or not - it sounds awesome).
Then again, $199 - although a bargain compared to the full price, is still a lot.

Advice?

Don't overthink it. Just buy it :D No one needs half of the plugins they own anyway.

zahush76 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:55 am I'm in a dilemma here...
I had the UVI Falcon at the time, upgraded to version 2.0 and liked it very much.
But when i needed $$ i had to sell it to help me gather funds for the Hardware Prophet 10 rev 4.
- VPS Avenger (which although not as complex - still is a multi engine synth and simpler to navigate)
- Komplete Ultimate 14 CE (which means kontakt and 3rd party libraries, massive x, reaktor etc)
- Arturia V collection 9
and so on.

With the vst's i already have - i have virtual analog, fm, wavetable, sample mangling, additive and so on.
But Falcon 3 is very tempting - and it has all these new sequencers which i can route to my hardware synths (Prophet 10, UDO Super 6 and Moog Matriarch) so it seems very useful even if i won't use its sounds (although regardless if i use it or not - it sounds awesome).
Then again, $199 - although a bargain compared to the full price, is still a lot.

Advice?
Easy. Sell VPS Avenger and get Falcon 3 or don't sell and buy anyway. Version 2 to 3 was a huge change and FREE! So if you buy now (lowest it has ever been BTW) then later versions are FREE!

Also........G.A.S. compels you! :D

zahush76 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:55 am I'm in a dilemma here...
- Arturia V collection 9
and so on.

Advice?
I have all the same stuff except for Avenger and I think Falcon fits right with all of those. To me, Falcon has a different sonic imprint than the rest do that is a little more fuller. With it, you can fill in a lot of sonic spaces. Komplete has a more bland sound but all the instruments and libraies. V Collection has a middle of the road sound but all of the synths. Falcon, a heavier fuller sound and lots of sample presets
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

When considering Avenger, Falcon and Spire, I got the latter two, primarily for their sound, and added the Arturia Collection plus Pigments for good measure. Some other great synths here are the ones from u-he and Tracktion, especially Dawesome’s Novum, also Kilohearts’ PhasePlant, FabFilter’s Twin 3 or the incoming SynthMaster 3 from kv331. And I’ve got a special place in my musical heart for EastWest’s Forbidden Planet as well as for Chromaphone 3 from AAS.
But the UVI Falcon flies high with its myriad of oscillators, modulators and effects.

Return to “Instruments”