Strange 'twang' noise on A#2 (Shreddage II)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok so i think ive become fairly good at programming guitars in shreddage 2, ive owned the software since it release. Ive tried all the other updates including IBZ but still find the original to be super user friendly.

However, no matter how much I try or EQ or try to mask it, the A#2 vibrato or possibly A#2 single sustain note, has a terrible undesirable twang or clank or SOMETHING that i hear every other time the note is played. It does it even more often if my picking is set to alternative, which also reeeeeally sucks. Ive searched high and low and found no forums or no information on this issue or a possible solution. 

I write for my band in drop A tuning via a 7 string, if that helps any.

Can someone PLEASE help me, its driving me nuts. I am midi programming in Studio One 3, using podfarm platinum, updated kontakt and the original shreddage 2. Im not privy to much keyswitch latching or anything so if u CAN provide a solution, PLEASE give me a visual.

I would appreciate your help or tips.

Thank you in advance to anyone and everyone!

-Jake

I REALLY hope they respond to this, or the other post you made about this. I didn't get very much help at all when I asked about this... I wonder if they are recording a new one right now?

I'm sorry for not responding to this sooner. Have you sent an email about it to support@impactsoundworks.com with an attachment? That would be really helpful so I know what you're talking about.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

U just need an audio sample? Ill aend everything in 10 minutes

Im sending screens of my DT guitar one having the issues, u will notice my shreddage is set up strange but thats the only way i could mask that sound issue I'm having. I also attached a panned audio sampe of guitar only. You will deff be able to hear what im talking about immediately. Please lmk and throw any help or screens to a solution if u have them. Thanks guys

Nothing. Ive emailed and PM'd as requestion and have received no answers or possible solutions.

This is a great app, but it definitely seems like the devs ignore issues that they don't quite realize are actual issues (like the one you posted). Example, I messaged them on facebook about the power chords being out of tune in the registry of G all the way to C and D if you are using up and down strokes (downstrokes only seems to be somewhat of a workaround.) They responded by telling me this is how guitars naturally sound, even though that's just not true. That's what happens when the action on a guitar is not set properly to the desired tuning. This means that the bridge of the guitar, and the gauge of the strings most likely weren't fixed to the G tuning (guitar techs will confirm that to you.) I even brought a few guitar players over to listen to it, ALL of them agreed that the recorded guitar wasn't set properly to the tuning and that the chords sounded at least slightly out of tune in the lower registries. Using this app to write songs in standard or D, can however sound pretty incredible.
I confirmed this in my own way, by playing my new 8 string guitar that I got for Christmas. I played power chords as low as F, which is even lower than the lowest tuning on Shreddage 2. My power chords, were fully tuned and sounded musically correct as soon as I hit the chord. In Shreddage II: IBZ, the power chords in the lowest registry are obviously out of tune when you first hit the chord, and it corrects itself the longer the chord is playing. I can add audio clips to prove this if necessary but I'm sure it won't really make a difference with the program since the all of the samples have already been recorded.
All in all, I hope they take these things into consideration when they make Shreddage 3 (hopefully they use an 8 string). This has actually inspired me to take more time to become a better guitar player so I don't have to rely on these types of apps to write my songs. But this app comes in handy when I don't have time to rehearse and play, and is amazing to quickly get your ideas down and sounding pretty clean overall. I don't mean to sound unsatisfied, but one of the selling points for me was being able to play chords in the lowest registry, which really only sounds right if you are doing single note Djent type stuff.

I dont play guitar, but I've also noticed some of the notes in the lower section sounded strange, just didn't really mind it much cause I'd just tune the guitar -5 semitones on Kontakt as a workaround so the pitch correct samples can substitute. But it doesn't sound as true. I hope this isn't an issue in the next Shreddage e. guitar installment.

Also, IIRC, zircon doesn't play guitar. Might make little issues here and there more difficult to pick up.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

I'm really sorry that the tuning thing is bringing down your enjoyment of the instrument. Is this S2 or IBZ we're talking about? Both guitars were recorded by separate players with extensive experience and to my ears everything was done properly. But that's not to say we can't try and revisit it. Is it all articulations? What notes are most problematic?
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

For me, its every other time the A#2 single note is struck

godeep, here is a demo of powerchords vs single notes:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106 ... bztest.mp3

The demo plays powerchord sustain followed by single notes forming a powerchord, followed by the same pattern of chugging. I think they both sound fine, albeit the powerchord articulation does sound a bit fuzzy,

Also I didn't notice any glaring issues with A#2. Can you post an audio demo on this thread for us to hear?

warfighter67 wrote:godeep, here is a demo of powerchords vs single notes:

The demo plays powerchord sustain followed by single notes forming a powerchord, followed by the same pattern of chugging. I think they both sound fine, albeit the powerchord articulation does sound a bit fuzzy,

Also I didn't notice any glaring issues with A#2. Can you post an audio demo on this thread for us to hear?
To me it sounds like your IBZ didn't quite articulated the single notes powerchord at all.
(Perhaps I'm wrong but it did kinda sound like a single note & not single notes powerchord.)

But the powerchord itself (first) sounds like it's got some slack in the strings!
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

ELECTRONICHAOS wrote:
warfighter67 wrote:godeep, here is a demo of powerchords vs single notes:

To me it sounds like your IBZ didn't quite articulated the single notes powerchord at all.
(Perhaps I'm wrong but it did kinda sound like a single note & not single notes powerchord.)

But the powerchord itself (first) sounds like it's got some slack in the strings!
It was definitely playing all 3 notes for the low G powerchord

warfighter67 wrote:It was definitely playing all 3 notes for the low G powerchord
It just gave me a different feeling... the one I have when my 3 notes are laid out on the piano roll and IBZ decides to only play either 1 or 2 and not the whole deal.
(Kinda like if for some obscure reasons IBZ had decided it would go mono on its own... which is kinda weird 'cos it's not systematic)
I have to tap the top note for some reasons in some instances and ... it can get messy if I have a lot of dressing to do.

Either way, if you're saying it plays all 3 then I'll believe you.
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

ELECTRONICHAOS wrote:
warfighter67 wrote:It was definitely playing all 3 notes for the low G powerchord
It just gave me a different feeling... the one I have when my 3 notes are laid out on the piano roll and IBZ decides to only play either 1 or 2 and not the whole deal.
(Kinda like if for some obscure reasons IBZ had decided it would go mono on its own... which is kinda weird 'cos it's not systematic)
I have to tap the top note for some reasons in some instances and ... it can get messy if I have a lot of dressing to do.

Either way, if you're saying it plays all 3 then I'll believe you.
It might help that i compose solely with the piano roll so i can line up the notes perfectly if i wanted to (which i did in this case). Also I have string realism turned off, which allows the low G powerchord to be played. Because the guitar is set up such that only the low G string is the downtuned one, it's actually impossible to play the low G powerchord using multiple notes if string realism is on.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”