Bitwig Studio 1.3.4 RC-1

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bitwig said they were going to focus on bugs and the recents updates have actually done that and fixed some long standing problems! This is the most I've been encouraged about Bitwig since first hearing about it. For a long time I have been concerned it could end up one of those applications with lots of promise but always have too many annoying issues to be relied upon.

There is a ways to go still, but keep it up! :tu:

nickallen wrote:
owensands wrote:no midi clock latency adjust :( Thought that was slated for 1.3.3.

I is sad.
We rolled out 1.3.3 and 1.3.4 much faster than we originally thought in order to get serious bug fixes out as quickly as possible. This issue is still on our radar but we want to be able to roll out frequent updates when needed. Can't promise exactly which 1.3.x it will be in because of this but the plan is to fix this for one of the 1.3.x updates.
All good man. You guys are doing a great job. :)

nickallen wrote:
owensands wrote:no midi clock latency adjust :( Thought that was slated for 1.3.3.

I is sad.
We rolled out 1.3.3 and 1.3.4 much faster than we originally thought in order to get serious bug fixes out as quickly as possible. This issue is still on our radar but we want to be able to roll out frequent updates when needed. Can't promise exactly which 1.3.x it will be in because of this but the plan is to fix this for one of the 1.3.x updates.
All good man. You guys are doing a great job. :)

See Bitwiggers.. that's what fixing bugs does to people; make 'em believe in this software.

c-wave wrote:See Bitwiggers.. that's what fixing bugs does to people; make 'em believe in this software.
Soo true! Even if bitwig came up with the most awesome things right now people would still be pissed because if it was to buggy it wouldnt care. I think bitwig has made a great job at serious bug fixes latly!
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

David Boura wrote:I vote for Bitwig devs to solve all Mac issues before anything else, just by solidarity (because i hate the fruit) :D
-> tcook@apple.com.

tooneba wrote:
David Boura wrote:I vote for Bitwig devs to solve all Mac issues before anything else, just by solidarity (because i hate the fruit) :D
-> tcook@apple.com.
I know ^^

c-wave wrote:
Suloo wrote:yea bugfixing has prio currently.. wich we should be happy about imo
+1
I'm dying for multiple time signatures on the same track but I hate crashes even more.. what I hate even more than crashes? logical errors (sorry two hates in one post :roll: )
Logic has had this for YEARS

Civa wrote:
c-wave wrote:
Suloo wrote:yea bugfixing has prio currently.. wich we should be happy about imo
+1
I'm dying for multiple time signatures on the same track but I hate crashes even more.. what I hate even more than crashes? logical errors (sorry two hates in one post :roll: )
I know.. but then again Logic has been around for : 2 years (bitwig life) * 10 = 20 years :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emagic

c-wave wrote:
Civa wrote:
c-wave wrote:
+1
I know.. but then again Logic has been around for : 2 years (bitwig life) * 10 = 20 years :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emagic
True c-wave.

Civa i dont wana come out defensive at you but bitwig is obviosly not logic. If logic has it wont make bitwig have it and why are you soo counter productive? Its obvious that prople want what they miss from more grown daws and looking forward to it is not wrong.

I am looking forward to see all nasty bugs fixed and maybe soon we can look forward to new features and old features intergrated into bitwig more stable ever! :tu: :clap: :pray: :phones:
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard

groups tracks don't work well guys..i make a group with 11 midi track and rec from external hardware (so i rec midi notes)..but...program crash when i try editing all group..no good..i have problem with group since they out (i don't use so much but now i need for much clear project,or make tracks re-sizable ,both mode,,i think now is the time to do that)

another thing...doy you think to add in audio engine a conversion like in ableton...if i enter at 96000 i can play at 44100...(ableton is the only daw i can do this to have more cpu resources) ,,,think about that.

-el capitan-
Last edited by panox80 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

panox80 wrote:groups tracks don't work well guys..i make a group with 11 midi track and rec from external hardware (so i rec midi notes)..but...program crash when i try editing all group..no good..i have problem with group since they out (i don't use so much but now i need for much clear project,or make tracks re-sizable ,both mode,,i think now is the time to do that)
pls send in the crash report and if possible steps to reproduce

support@bitwig.com

Suloo wrote:
panox80 wrote:groups tracks don't work well guys..i make a group with 11 midi track and rec from external hardware (so i rec midi notes)..but...program crash when i try editing all group..no good..i have problem with group since they out (i don't use so much but now i need for much clear project,or make tracks re-sizable ,both mode,,i think now is the time to do that)

support@bitwig.com

i'll send this evening...dou you have problem when you work with big groups or is only a my problem ? :D

bitwig become very slow to edit in arranger

if you want try...take a tr8,use it in usb mode,make 11 hardware instrument ,put a note reciver in 1 track,open reaktor in another track,open a step sequencer,send note to group,,go in arranger and record all track in one time,,,,try to edit clip in arranger .....i do this

panox80 wrote:
Suloo wrote:

support@bitwig.com

i'll send this evening...dou you have problem when you work with big groups or is only a my problem ? :D

if you want try...take a tr8,use it in usb mode (i use it with aggregate device with a motu ultralite mk3),make 11 hardware instrument and make a group ,put a note reciver in 1 track,open reaktor in another track,open a step sequencer in reaktor (i make one for tr8,but any step is good),send note to group,,go in arranger and record all track in one time,,,,try to edit clip in arranger .....i do this

panox80 wrote:
Suloo wrote:

support@bitwig.com

if you want try...take a tr8,use it in usb mode,make 11 hardware instrument ,put a note reciver in 1 track,open reaktor in another track,open a step sequencer,send note to group,,go in arranger and record all track in one time,,,,try to edit clip in arranger .....i do this
You mean it loads without cpu problem? i had that problem a lot with bitwig when project grows bigger and have a lot of midi information and such. They said it would maybe be out a fix for that in 1.3.3 But it needed a lot of testing before sending the fix out. Guess its not yet stable enougth to get it out :) My guess it wont take to long maybe 1.3.5 or 1.3.6 :)

Return to “Bitwig”