Spire 1.1.0 out + Black Friday Sale!

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got the newsletter about the Black Friday Sale (30% off till Dec 1st) and then I see there's a brand new website and the version 1.1.0 update is out! :clap:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Awesome!
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

Oh this is great!

This version is not replacing the existing version. It seems there are some changes which results in a different sound or that existing patches are not compatible with 1.1.0?

The plugin identifier is "Spire-1.1", what the f**k, i think better to wait than start using it in a project now. They need to change this. What happens, each update they change the ID!!!!????
Reveal Sound please change the ID back to "Spire".
Very silly.
Last edited by sqigls on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, version numbers in dll names and identifiers is a bit stupid.
Even if you manage to load it into an old project the chance exist the sounds is garbage. I notice a strange behavior in plugin state recall
(Reaper default preset option for example)

Also when using "Restore preset" in the menu the sound turns into garbage.

I love the scaling tho, its awesome on a 4k screen.

ugh just realized this; it's not replacing the previous plugin, so...need BOTH. the original to read the sounds and changes made using spire in a song, and the new one for...new songs? i guess the question is: why is this NOT replacing the original???

fisherKing wrote:ugh just realized this; it's not replacing the previous plugin, so...need BOTH. the original to read the sounds and changes made using spire in a song, and the new one for...new songs? i guess the question is: why is this NOT replacing the original???
It was posted here elsewhere that the sound is slightly different now, probably due to the complete rewrite of the DSP engine. In the beta, several elements of the synth weren't yet implemented and working, so i guess it's safe to say that the new version does differ quite a bit, thus making it necessary to have both versions for backward track compatibility.

tho, i'd like to have been presented with the option to move exclusively to 1.1, so that it would open my presets in any song. i can deal with the sound differences, just hate having to keep the old plugin around (but that's just me...)... ;-)

Fair enough. I was surprised too that it doesn't replace the old version, and when i installed it, i even installed it in the same folder, and then they were happily aside of each other, and even shared the presets, and when i uninstalled the old version, most of the presets were gone too. :o

and it's not working right here (logic x 10.2); a lot of notes i play from my keyboard are not sounding. and when i went to try bank 6 in the older spire, logic crashed.

that i can understand (if bank 6 requires 1.1). but again, am playing notes that don't sound. anyone else??

EDIT: it SEEMS that everything plays from a recorded sequence, but not when i play my keyboard 'live'...ugh.

EDIT2: and 1.1 just crashed logic (as i was looking thru the presets)... some good sounds in Bank 6, but i can only hear them by playing recorded sequences. so far... not good.

going back to the earlier plugin for now. hope these things get sorted soon!
Last edited by fisherKing on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

fisherKing wrote:and it's not working right here (logic x 10.2); a lot of notes i play from my keyboard are not sounding. and when i went to try bank 6 in the older spire, logic crashed.

that i can understand (if bank 6 requires 1.1). but again, am playing notes that don't sound. anyone else??
Bank 6 makes uses of the new "Mod" functions so it surely won't work with Spire v1.0xx, but that's no reason for v1.1 to not play all notes!

I also noticed that v1.1 was less reliable than v1.0.20 (crashed Live v9.5 a couple of times randomly with CPU going up to +2000% one time :o :? )

sqigls wrote:The plugin identifier is "Spire-1.1", what the f**k, i think better to wait than start using it in a project now. They need to change this. What happens, each update they change the ID!!!!????
Reveal Sound please change the ID back to "Spire".
Very silly.
Yes it's daft, the slightly changed sound is a poor excuse given that other developers have managed to implement legacy modes inside the same plugin - assuming the difference is that radical anyway and not just one that people can live with. It just seems a lazy and short sighted approach.

how about renaming the plugin to Spire only and it will work? (but before back 1.0.20 plugin)

i couldnt even open it in reaper, the brigde just crashed, i mean 5.1 x64 version.
tried both bit versions.

in ableton 9.5 all went good, the sound was the same, i tried a number of presets, no hanging notes or other stuff, plugin was stable. cpu usage seems to be reduced too.

my guess is they wanted to have this out before black friday to give discount to have an extra potential for people to buy it. (i can understand it)
Lenovo IdeaPad U330p Win8.1 Pro x64 | Ableton Suite 9.1.5 x32 | Some Synths

i thought about the renaming thing, but...first, am having a bad time with the new one, and scared that old files won't open correctly if i do that, and...not worth finding out. anyway, still need to get the new one working right...

hyperconnectedspace wrote:how about renaming the plugin to Spire only and it will work?
Renaming the .dll won't change the plugin ID.

Return to “Reveal Sound”