KORG Software FRAUD!!! Now resolved!!!!!!!!! (also not fraud)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
M1 MDE-X: Software Effects Suite Mono/Poly MS-20 Polysix Wavestation

One thing I noticed from the screenshot on page 5. Carpenter entered a "locking code," and the Korg site returned a "license code." After entering, or copying/pasting, the license code into the authorization dialog, the authorizer said the license code was invalid. Because the dialog accepted the locking code, I'm guessing Carpenter typed it in correctly. This might not be the case, but for now it's a simplifying assumption.

Carpenter, did you copy the license code from the website, then paste it into the authorization dialog box?

If you didn't, try that. It's not always easy to tell a zero from the letter O, and so forth.

If you did copy and paste it, did you check to be sure there were no blank spaces or other extra characters in what you pasted? They could be on the beginning of the code or on the end. It could be that blanks, though not obvious to the eye, make the code invalid.

If none of these things help, as others have mentioned, you should probably contact the dealer you bought it from. When you do, try not to be confrontational or angry on the phone. You want them to help you, so work with them, not against them.

There was some hassle when I first time installed mine but in the end.. I got everything installed ^^ So since no one hasn't adviced to contact customer service of Korg.. Contact Korgs customer service please and tell us how it went :tu:

PEBKAC. It stung me a few times.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Mushy Mushy wrote: Yep. My money is still on user error.
...followed by the obligatory finger pointing to deflect the blame.

Regardless, I do feel a bit of empathy for the OP. It's been a while since I authorized my Korg license, but I do recall that it was not very intuitive and, looking at the number of people around the web with the same problem, the bundled software seems even less intuitive. It's certainly not "fraud", but it shouldn't be so complicated.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I bought a Korg controller before they had added the software bundle with Digital Synsations and Reason Limited

I took just one E-mail to the vendor I had bought the controller from, who talked with Korg, who then sorted me out with the codes I wanted.

So my experience is that it is better to try and do something about it rather than sulk in forums (even though I do my share of that too :oops: )

Hear, hear. Not every vendor will be that helpful, but it's a sensible line of approach.

I didn't buy the full Legacy Collection, but I did recently buy the M1 and had no problems with this.

OP tantrum aside, authorizing Korg software has been a big PITA for me. I have the original Legacy collection, but gave up using it about a year ago because it constantly had to be authorized for no apparent reason. Never had that happen with any other software.

FINALLY GOT IT RESOLVED!!! HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! THE HELLISH NIGHTMARE IS OVER!!!
finally.png
You have to have TWO separate websites open. You have to open up Korg License Center and put in the code on your card. The license center then generates authorization codes for each plugin. Then you have to open up Korg User Net. When you open up Korg User Net, you then have to go to "Register Product". You then have to fill out some question fields, finally coming to a field wanting your product authorization code. Then you have to go BACK to the Korg License Center website and copy that authorization number. Then go BACK to Korg User Net and paste in that authorization number in. Then you get yet ANOTHER NUMBER which you then have to copy and paste into the license pop up window on each plugin itself (when you launch them).

Also, it seems to matter which plugin you register first. I was trying to license the Legacy Cell plugin first and that one actually registers itself somehow, once you register all of the other ones. I can't find where it said to register a particular one first now, but on one of the many pages I've been to for help, it specified the importance of registration order and specifically stated that you CAN'T register Legacy Cell first? I can't find the page where I read that again, but I registered the M1 first and that worked.

Mind you, NOWHERE in the process does Korg mention the separate Korg License Center site. I ONLY went and looked there because of responses on this site. I've NEVER had to open two SEPARATE websites, side by side and go back and forth to register a product before. Oh, one more thing. The first plugin I registered, I actually typed out that long ass number, where it was ignoring it every time I would just copy and paste the number (even though the Korg site says type OR copy and paste the number...). However, after that, all of the other windows were happy with and accepted the copy and paste protocol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Carpenter on Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great news :clap:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

:tu:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Like an interactive "who dunnit" detective mystery, finally solved

Congrats :tu:

Yay! Glad you made it through. I agree that the process is complicated and annoying. You just have to keep trying.

Congratulations on your success. Now go make some music! You've earned the enjoyment.

P.S.: You might want to edit your first post to change the thread title, since it's not accurate. Maybe "KORG authorization nightmare (resolved)" or something like that.

I have no idea what gave me the idea to try and use both websites together, I'm just thankful that I found out about the other one from posters on this site.
4759535950_3da0ea181e_o.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bring back the dongle!

Return to “Instruments”