old remix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

oh it sounds so appealing and worthy of download, doesn't it???!!!

;)

this is an old remix i did a few years ago, but thought it would be fun to share, as it did take a lot of work.

the song is "Even If" by Method Man. I replaced the whole vocal track with a TTS synthesised voice (typed all the lyrics, recorded the output and then cut it all to match the vocal) going thru a vocoder with a simple-ass synth. I used Orange vocoder and the Bojo Impulse synth.

i hope someone finds it interesting! i won't put up the 'swearing only' remix i did, purely because i didn't use any FX! ;) :oops: :help: :help: :help: :help:

[edit] well bugger me if i haven't forgotten to put a link in!

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/haydxn
Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

link? :D

lates

t-willy

nevermind, downloading now
:oops:
lates

t-willy

alright, whew! i was having a difficult time there :lol:

i'm not sure what the original sounds like, but this version sounds cool to me. i've heard the orange vocoder before and love the sounds it can make. this was no exception. kind of boring after a while, but again, never heard the original, so i don't know what to compare it to. :D

lates

t-willy

that's rap for you! i didn't do anything with the arrangement at all, so the song is exactly the same as the original- except for the vocal track.

rather than leave it gathering grime on my HD just thought i'd air it around people who'd appreciate the effort ;) :D waHOOoo it wasn't for nothing!

Quite intriguing and very timeconsuming to get that rap into a voice-synthesizer. Very rewarding though cause the sound is pretty darn good. So did you not change the music of the original or did you add some sequences here and there.

What becomes a bit boring though is the yeah-yeah-yahhh-yeahhhhhhhhhh, as the first two have a function, but after that I think that should have gradually gotten the same synth effect but slowly blended. Errrrrrrrrr.... though I doubt, you'd ever work on this again....

Yup I enjoyed :D

oh yeah, i know the bit you mean. well, i didn't actually have an instrumental version, and in the original, that breakdown part of the track is always accompanied by the rapper... hence i couldn't really get rid of it. the rest of the song is 'clean' because i just looped a bit that had no vocals for the duration of the rap sections! what a cheater!

yeah, i remember being a bit miffed about that too!

viva le new skills!

Return to “Music Cafe”