Monoplugs Monique Synthesizer released (PC/MAC)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Monique - Bass and Lead Synthesizer

Another new Synthesizer Plugin released

"Monique is the digital synthesizer that feels like a real one. With a multi-touch user interface and modern morphing features, now everyone can be pro."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPsa-3a ... feature=iv

3 Oscillators + 1 FM oscillator.
3 Resonant filters (under the hood 3x3 tracks).
3 LFOs + 4 MFOs (M for Morph).
7 Resonant band filters in an EQ bank.
20 Envelopes.
1 Distortion effect.
1 Chorus effect.
1 Delay effect.
1 Looping effect.
1 Reverb.
1 Arpeggiator with 16 steps & shuffle.
User interface:
10 finger multi-touch support.
Flat, puristic, customizable style.

http://monique.monoplugs.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkccy0k-IhM
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Monique is indeed a nice and quite unique synth (especially in terms of Osc/filter routing options). I was one of the testers (many thanks to Thomas from Monoplugs for asking me) but did not really have as much time for it as i wanted to as i was also working on other important projects. Hopefully i could spend more time with it soon.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thanks for the info Sam :tu:

Just waiting to get the download link delivered.

First impression is that GUI looks like Biotek

The GUI looks great, and the features are plenty !

1 hour after submitting my E-mail still no link received, have checked my spam folder too :?

For a second I thought it was free, but it costs $99

Demo limitations are pretty good though, so anybody should be able to check it out thouroughly before deciding to buy it.

The limitations is no saving, no audio export

am using oatmeal for a long time, if only had monique looks and its gui options (wish for away to hide the keyboard/osci/setup, more free space to resize the gui), perfect, congrats!
Last edited by donquixote on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

just took a quick listen (will play with it more tomorrow), but nice! def want to dig in...

Another one having a native Linux version : thanks for that !
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Later : I'm surprised that there are no more comments. In my view, Monique deserves more attention.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Yeah, it is kind of weird how ArcSyn goes viral in the forum while others don't

Numanoid wrote:Yeah, it is kind of weird how ArcSyn goes viral in the forum while others don't
the arcsyn thread was a warzone, no reason this synth (or ANY plugin, really) needs that.

Numanoid wrote:Yeah, it is kind of weird how ArcSyn goes viral in the forum while others don't
I feel like it has to do with seeing the word "Monophonic". I don't know for sure if that's the case, but it seems like any time a monophonic synth plugin is released it tends to have much less discussion even if it's a really top notch plugin.

Beepstreet's Dagger is a great example of this; It is any amazing monophonic plugin with a killer sound, but its discussion fell by the way side fairly quickly. It even had some of the same responses of "Why isn't this synth talked about more? It's amazing!"

HydrogenHuman wrote:
I feel like it has to do with seeing the word "Monophonic". I don't know for sure if that's the case, but it seems like any time a monophonic synth plugin is released it tends to have much less discussion even if it's a really top notch plugin.

Beepstreet's Dagger is a great example of this; It is any amazing monophonic plugin with a killer sound, but its discussion fell by the way side fairly quickly. It even had some of the same responses of "Why isn't this synth talked about more? It's amazing!"
maybe...these synths are that good, and people are busy playing music, instead of arguing pointlessly on this forum (at least, i'd like to imagine that that's the case...) :D

After demoing this and buying it I decided that this is a topic worth resurrecting. Seems this went a good bit under the radar. I mucked around with it, didn't quite know what I was doing as the interface is a little different, but I was impressed with the different modulation possibilities. Now checking the manual, and it makes much more sense. It can sound purty but can get into some screwed up griminess, especially with the filters. Agressive and experimental. Check it out in case you missed it before, on sale at $25 atm, well worth it. OK, no more purchases for a month I swear(unless the new Madrona Labs comes out).

Return to “Instruments”