I've got a brand new Bass Guitar :)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

an early afternoon of going to every guitar shop in Cardiff City centre, I brought back with me a new bass guitar. :D

I tried...

Fender Squire... Didn't like the action (strings too far apart)
Warwick Rockbass... Didn't like the action again for the same reason or the tone to be honest (which was a shame as this one was recommended)
Tanglewood Active... it sucked
Yamaha something... played it, and it broke with a loads of crackles and white noise, instantly put me off!
Ibanez Active something... was nice, really nice action... you could get a good range of sounds, But I don't think the picks up were that great...

In the end I bought a

Cort C4... was as good to play as the Ibanez, but had better pick ups, but maybe not as good a range of sound. but it was 40 quid cheaper at 260 squid

so just had a quick go at recording it...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ben.smith3 ... howOff.mp3

:D

All i've got to do is learn how to play it now! Preferably without my fingers bleeding!!

Anyhow... any recording techniques or hints and tips would be great.. I recorded it direct into my mixer, then PC and used Blockfish compression, MDA Combo and a bit of EQ, plus a bit of reverb.

Ben

congrats - never played one, but I've heard okay things about the Corts.

btw, if you don't bleed, you're not doing it properly :D

D
nope...nothing!!

eternia wrote:btw, if you don't bleed, you're not doing it properly :D
yep, couldn't have said it better myself! It's a good pain! :)

Show off :D

heh. glad you're sharing though. Sounds quite great what you are doing with it. My ears are missing a bit fuller underbelly of the bass, perhaps some tubeplug to warm that up a bit more. But that's just a thought, and I could be wrong there.

Return to “Music Cafe”