Xhun Audio LittleOne : version 4.x Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LittleOne

Sorry for asking, again.

But is there also a Sale going on via Third Party - resellers, like mentioned a few Pages earlier?

Actually didnt find anything on the usual suspects Sites.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Well, what are you looking for? A discounted upgrade?
For me it looks like they don't sell upgrades at 3rd party resellers (at least JRR and DontCrack). It would be the first time LO receives a non-free major upgrade since 2010, so it is no big surprise for me. No show stopper either.
Third parties currently sell LO (full version) with a discount, though, but you might have a greater benefit buying in directly from Bruno (and a warm feeling as well).

Me was just referring to this post.
xhunaudio wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:45 am @Amram:
New GUI, new RC and analogue integrator circuits for Oscillators, new Seq and Tgate timing control (CLK-MM01).

Exactly, selected 3rd party Dealers/Resellers benefit from a *first week*, time-limited special offer. After that, the upgrade price will back to 29.00 USD.

Direct upgrade from Xhun Audio User Area generally requires less time and, for the first week, the new Four Aces Expansion is offered as a gift / homage.

Yeah, guessed it, but I have no idea what he was referring to. I have never seen an update to LO being sold anywhere, since it's the first time. Maybe those resellers have not upgraded their stores yet to reflect that change. Have you checked all resellers? He said "selected", so that *first week* offer may not even apply to all of them, including JRR and DontCrack.

kylie wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:52 pm Four Aces is free of charge for everyone who will buy the upgrade to LO4 within the first week after release.
After that the usual fees apply. The Upgrade is still 29 EUR after that (if I'm not mistaken), but you'll have to pay for the Four Aces Pack, which is usually 19 EUR while not being on sale. Right now it is 9.90 EUR.
Exactly.
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

So are we going to see the upgrade on any of the reseller sites?

The upgrade price is too steep for me.
It's easy if you know how

It is 10 EUR for each Major Release, considering free upgrades from v1 up to v3. If you think that's steep, well, you don't need to upgrade now. Bruno, do your resellers really sell it for less?

kylie wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:12 am It is 10 EUR for each Major Release, considering free upgrades from v1 up to v3. If you think that's steep, well, you don't need to upgrade now. Bruno, do your resellers really sell it for less?
Considering that I bought it recently while it was v3, it is steep for me.
It's easy if you know how

Hi !

The major Dealers have updated their Stores with the price lists, the product infos and the introductory discount amounts for the full license of LittleOne version 4.0.

3rd party Dealers do have the possibility to join the "Upgrade offer" - but they ultimately decide if / when to adhere in detail. The "19 USD Upgrade price/offer/news" was posted in this thread by a KVRAudio forum User, so not (officially) by a Dealer itself.

So unfortunately I can't give details about that, since it (legitimatey) is a Dealer's independent decision.
Last edited by xhunaudio on Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No problem, the version 4.x Upgrade Offer for version 3.x customers does NOT have any expiration, so you can stay with LittleOne version 3.x until you decide (if/when) to move to version 4.x.

...And (I don't remember if I already said it here on this thred) LittleOne is natively compatible on macOS with Intel CPUs. Several users reported they run it on M1 using Rosetta 2 but, to avoid any misunderstanding, I always recommend to try the demo before buying this or any other product.

xhunaudio wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:37 am Hi !

The major Dealers have updated their Stores with the price lists, the product infos and the introductory discount amounts for the full license of LittleOne version 4.0.

3rd party Dealers do have the possibility to join the "Upgrade offer" - but they ultimately decide if / when to adhere in detail. The "19 USD Upgrade price/offer/news" was posted in this thread by a KVRAudio forum User, so not (officially) by a Dealer itself.

So unfortunately I can't give details about that, since it (legitimatey) is a Dealer's independent decision.
Thanks for the Clarification, Bruno!

Since me also just purchased Little One lately and I dont really need the extra free soundbank, I might really jump on a Sale like that when available, if not just Upgrade later then, like you said.

Keep up the good Work! :tu:

You're welcome El°HYM

Hey Bruno! I'm still wondering why is there still this bug with a weird midi timing even when playing 8th notes? You know, not everything is playable through the built-in sequencer, in fact, there are some great VST sequencers out there with so many fun features that can't be used with this synth, the sound of which i like the most. Doesn't feel like a minor thing, more like a major problem, this and VST3 still skipping presets when using arrows, so i can't keep both v3 VST with v4 VST3 for compatibility reason because of this little annoyance
Is there some reasons for such a behaviour? It's not so much fun working with LittleOne, though the sound is great

Jopmanajop wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:36 am Hey Bruno! I'm still wondering why is there still this bug with a weird midi timing even when playing 8th notes? You know, not everything is playable through the built-in sequencer, in fact, there are some great VST sequencers out there with so many fun features that can't be used with this synth, the sound of which i like the most. Doesn't feel like a minor thing, more like a major problem, this and VST3 still skipping presets when using arrows, so i can't keep both v3 VST with v4 VST3 for compatibility reason because of this little annoyance
Is there some reasons for such a behaviour? It's not so much fun working with LittleOne, though the sound is great
yes i have the same experience - the sound is great, but there are so many problems and wrong behaviour, like if you switch the presets with mouse on the buttons: it permanently skips one presets, so if you want to go through the presets it moves from preset 1 to 3 to 5 to 7 etc.... V3 also has this error.

Some sounds don't play, there you have to switch to an other preset that plays and then the silent preset also plays, but if you want to render it in ableton, or load it as project again, the preset keeps silent.

you can't load old projects from V3 with V4, there is playing some realy wired stuff.

The sound is nice, but there are so many bugs that I'll prefer in future some other synths like model74, diva and the legend - which don't have any bugs - when it comes to reliability littleone has a lot of open topics to be fixed !!!

sacer wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:19 am it permanently skips one presets
Yes, that's why i kept v3 as VST and not VST3, because VST doesn't have this problem. Right now i can't have both v3 and v4. Don't wanna lose old projects, but also don't want to have this presets bug
Don't wanna switch, because the sound impressed me once and i'm still impressed, but these problems should be fixed

Return to “Instruments”