Xhun Audio LittleOne : version 4.x Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LittleOne

xhunaudio wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:05 pm Yes, an internal oversampling selector for LittleOne could be done, but I think it's something not strictly needed.

Seriously (without making self-promotion) you get very good results @44.1khz. Obviously, if you want it to go even further, you can easily run it at higher sampling rates and/or use oversampling with external plugins/wrappers.
The difference in sound between oversampled and non-oversampled instance is quite obvious IMO.

In case others can not hear the examples here is a shared folder containing the audio files: https://mega.nz/folder/wwJxFYAS#OYOnt76v-t3FMGUJOg2O9Q

I would like to hear opinions of others.
It's easy if you know how

Lesha wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:57 pm
xhunaudio wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:05 pm Yes, an internal oversampling selector for LittleOne could be done, but I think it's something not strictly needed.

Seriously (without making self-promotion) you get very good results @44.1khz. Obviously, if you want it to go even further, you can easily run it at higher sampling rates and/or use oversampling with external plugins/wrappers.
The difference in sound between oversampled and non-oversampled instance is quite obvious IMO.

In case others can not hear the examples here is a shared folder containing the audio files: https://mega.nz/folder/wwJxFYAS#OYOnt76v-t3FMGUJOg2O9Q

I would like to hear opinions of others.
Actually a very good Idea. Would love to see higher internal Oversampling in this little Gem, even I already run my projects @96kHz. Why not make a good sounding Synth even (a little) better?
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Is there any chance that your plugs will make it into Apple Silicon one day?
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Ok, I'll consider a selectable internal oversampling factor in the future. A base oversampling factor of 2x (as already is today) will be mantained, for CPU-hit reasons. The point is to oversample a few "sensitive" components, the others already have a perfect behaviour also @16bit-44.1khz. Or, for a 100% oversampling, wrappers are the perfect way.

About native Apple Silicon support, sure there's the possibility - let's see. Today all is working flawlessly with Rosetta 2.
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

So, no news on the new framework? Fixing the sync?

Yes, moving to a different framework will fix the microbugs, new features and silicon support.

It's certainly too early to say anything, but some comments in the last few posts would lead me to talk about an original synthesis concept I'm working on from a few months.

Aargh, I must fight the temptation to spoiler...

xhunaudio wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:57 pm About native Apple Silicon support, sure there's the possibility - let's see. Today all is working flawlessly with Rosetta 2.
Really? That's good good news. When I installed my M2 Mac I remember it complaining to high heavens about it not being compatible with your plugins. Maybe I had an old version installed. Do you still have to install everything manually with your plugins or have you embraced installers?

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

xhunaudio wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:57 pm Ok, I'll consider a selectable internal oversampling factor in the future. A base oversampling factor of 2x (as already is today) will be mantained, for CPU-hit reasons. The point is to oversample a few "sensitive" components, the others already have a perfect behaviour also @16bit-44.1khz. Or, for a 100% oversampling, wrappers are the perfect way.

About native Apple Silicon support, sure there's the possibility - let's see. Today all is working flawlessly with Rosetta 2.
Thanks, that would be great. Please consider online and offline (while rendering only) OS switches.
It's easy if you know how

Bought today the full version.
I'm on windows 10. 64bits.
"NOT AUTHORIZED" and No sound coming out the VST.
The demo worked but not the full version.

Somebody has the problem ?

I'm so disappointed I consider a refund.

donnie_d wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:15 pm Bought today the full version.
I'm on windows 10. 64bits.
"NOT AUTHORIZED" and No sound coming out the VST.
The demo worked but not the full version.

Somebody has the problem ?

I'm so disappointed I consider a refund.
Hey, no fear at all ! :)

I think I just gave email support to you (about your missing authorization).

Please let me know (if that was you and) if you completed it successfully now.

xhunaudio wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:08 pm It's certainly too early to say anything, but some comments in the last few posts would lead me to talk about an original synthesis concept I'm working on from a few months.

Aargh, I must fight the temptation to spoiler...
Many months later...

I was talking about this :

viewtopic.php?t=602830

Hey all,

Everything is fine now, great support from great Bruno. Really fast. Really professional. Thanks again !
The VST works perfect !!!
(Tricky WIN10 directory problem...)

Hi Bruno. Any update on the new framework implementation for this or any other product? Thanks.

Hello, good news on that side indeed.

Said that, small Companies can't spend 100% of the time exclusively on one specific thing (the new framework) : in this case, my time will be shared between setting up the new Dev System and releasing new "experimental" products (in the SnapLAB collection).

PS :
Since this is the LittleOne thread, it's worth mentioning that there's a PROMO running until March 17th : by upgrading LittleOne from version 3.x to version 4.x, you are eligible for a free SnapLAB device of your choice (from the 5 currently available).

Return to “Instruments”