Bitwig Studio 1.3.12

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everybody,

Bitwig Studio 1.3.12 is available for download on http://www.bitwig.com/en/download.html. Here is the list of changes:

FIXED - Undo history problems when editing samples in multisample mode.
FIXED - Sends are incorrectly added to nested chains inside a layer device (that is not a top level device) in the device chain when loading a project.
FIXED - Possible to get feedback loops in a project in certain cases when moving devices from a track to a group track's output.
FIXED - Crash in certain cases when switching between clip launcher and arranger automation editor when arranger clip automation is free running.
FIXED - When dragging track groups between different projects it was possible that content would be inserted into the wrong track sometimes.
FIXED - If user tried to create a multisample file from files that were not in wav it would create an invalid multisample file - now convert the file to wav first.
FIXED - When overwriting a template that had previously been saved in an earlier version and then opening the newly saved template, the newly saved changes would not be seen unless Bitwig Studio was restarted.
FIXED - Turning solo-as-cue off while a track was cued was breaking stuff.
FIXED - When recording automation into a clip on the clip launcher that is using free-run and has different loop region to the clip the automation points are recorded at the wrong time.
FIXED - Clicky sound in drum-machine with peak-limiter on FX slot if the buffer size is an odd number.
FIXED - Crash sometimes when indexing broken or empty u-he preset files.
FIXED - Regression since 1.3.10: Solo buttons in FX Layer device don't work if it is placed into another container.
FIXED - Controller API - issue with NoteInput methods during the first script instantiation after adding the device in the preferences.
IMPROVED - Add a button to "leave group" from the mixer view.

Best wishes from the Bitwig Team!
Volker Schumacher, developer at http://www.bitwig.com

Awesome thx!

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the update!!!
:party: :phones:

volker@bitwig wrote: IMPROVED - Add a button to "leave group" from the mixer view.
Those "little" in things in life! :tu:

codec17 wrote:
volker@bitwig wrote: IMPROVED - Add a button to "leave group" from the mixer view.
Those "little" in things in life! :tu:
+1

;) Thanks ;)

Sweet! :)

Thanks !!!! :party:

Thanks guys, you rock :phones: I'm impressed with the U-HE integration for presets especially for Linux and a previous update that fixed focus during preset change.
Since there's a chance that the Devs will be looking at this post I will bring attention to a request that I made some time ago regarding Linux VST presets... basically some instruments ( and possibly effects ) will give access directly within Bigwig and this if great, but each preset change requires a mouse click to change. What I require is a mouse arrow down/up to change these presets. Thanks .
Last edited by mikoatkvr on Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi:
Until release 1.3.12, that issue with Komplete S Controller series is still unresolved!
I have a komplete S88 and the CC knobs on the controller still move TOO FAST and IN OPPOSITE DIRECTION to the Levels or knobs on the Bitwig GUI (i.e. Track levels, device knobs, etc..).
this issue have been reported directly to support by myself and other users several times!

THANK YOU.

c-wave wrote:Hi:
Until release 1.3.12, that issue with Komplete S Controller series is still unresolved!
I have a komplete S88 and the CC knobs on the controller still move TOO FAST and IN OPPOSITE DIRECTION to the Levels or knobs on the Bitwig GUI (i.e. Track levels, device knobs, etc..).
this issue have been reported directly to support by myself and other users several times!

THANK YOU.
Did you load the Bitwig Preset "Bitwig.nckk" in the Controller Editor?
I think when I wrote the script back when the komplete keyboards first came out there was no 88 key version and there were several updates of the drivers and software in the meantime, so maybe the setup in the Controller Editor has to be updated?
I no longer have access to the hardware so can't check myself, but it's possible that you only need to change the preset and how it sends it's data from what you describe.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:
c-wave wrote:Hi:

THANK YOU.
Did you load the Bitwig Preset "Bitwig.nckk" in the Controller Editor?
I think when I wrote the script back when the komplete keyboards first came out there was no 88 key version and there were several updates of the drivers and software in the meantime, so maybe the setup in the Controller Editor has to be updated?
I no longer have access to the hardware so can't check myself, but it's possible that you only need to change the preset and how it sends it's data from what you describe.

Cheers,

Tom
Hi Tom,
Thanks! I didn't know about this script and yes it does work with S88 (latest drivers). So again, thanks.
However, 2 things I would like to change/ improve if possible:
1. The value on the knob label on the controller: While it moves smoothly now on the the track level (GUI), it's always stuck on the controller knob's display; 1 or 127... as if it is not seeing the values in between 1 and 127.
2. I opened the script file in Controller editor and tried to improve on it a little bit ( managed to split the keybed into multiple zones) but even though I could add more than the original "Page" of 8 knobs, the second page (and any subsequent pages, would not be recognized by Bitwig in Mix mode.. So I can't change the level for example on any track beyond the first eight tracks.
Can you please help me with these two issues? I'd be more than happy to test them here.

Cheers,
C-Wave
Edit: I couldn't make any use of the split key zones as I couldn't make Bitwig dedicate a Midi channel for each zone :(

1. That is a problem with the way relative encoding is implemented in the NI keyboards. If you send out absolute values (0-127), it shows them fine in the display, but then you get hard jumps when turning the knob. If you use relative values, the keyboard only sends what amounts to "add or subtract a certain amount to the current value, based on turning speed". But the keyboard does not know the actual value.
I don't know if there is a way to send the value from BWS back to the controller, IIRC I couldn't find one at the time and there was no documentation to be had from NI.

2. Did you read the manual for the script?

It would be possible to create a script with multiple inputs for the channels as I did in some of my own scripts, maybe check them out and see if you can get it to work for you? It's not very complicated actually, you just create a NoteInput for every channel and filter it by the respective channel.
https://github.com/ThomasHelzle/Toms_Bi ... omsGeneric
Most of those have that ability.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:1. That is a problem with the way relative encoding is implemented in the NI keyboards. If you send out absolute values (0-127), it shows them fine in the display, but then you get hard jumps when turning the knob. If you use relative values, the keyboard only sends what amounts to "add or subtract a certain amount to the current value, based on turning speed". But the keyboard does not know the actual value.
I don't know if there is a way to send the value from BWS back to the controller, IIRC I couldn't find one at the time and there was no documentation to be had from NI.

2. Did you read the manual for the script?

It would be possible to create a script with multiple inputs for the channels as I did in some of my own scripts, maybe check them out and see if you can get it to work for you? It's not very complicated actually, you just create a NoteInput for every channel and filter it by the respective channel.
https://github.com/ThomasHelzle/Toms_Bi ... omsGeneric
Most of those have that ability.

Cheers,

Tom
Thanks Thomas.. I'll take a look, and let you know if I get stuck :)

Edit:
sorry couldn't do it. I didn't see where I could make the changes.

Hi all,
since 1.3.12 soloing a drumpad mutes all other tracks in the project. Does this happen to you? Is this by design? I hope not.

Return to “Bitwig”