T5 register, T7 upgrade

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi,

I wanted to check T5 out now its free.. but when I try to unlock it, it says no valid licence.
(I'm using same username/password as I registered on the Tracktion site, which I can log into, but that also shows no reference to the license)

ultimately, however, Im interesting in getting T7 at the upgrade price... which I assume I can only get if the T5 registration works, correct? I can see I can buy the upgrade, but just concerned, I'll buy it, then when it tries to register, it will not find another traction licence, so will fail to register.
does this validation occur? or can I just but the T7 upgrade?

(my understanding is T7 upgrade offer is only valid this weekend?!)

Thanks for your help

No, you can upgrade from T4 free until upgrade offer access returns to T5 and T6 on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 PST.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:No, you can upgrade from T4 free until upgrade offer access returns to T5 and T6 on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 PST.
so no new users, can register T5 Free , thats already on the website, till Tuesday?
... why? whats the point in having T5 on the web site, if no one can use/register it?

(I cannot even download T4 anymore, its not on the website)

You should be able to register T5 (it's free now anyway). I would contact their support, sure they can sort out your problem. You have all time of the world, after Tuesday T5 remains free and the upgrade offer to T7 for $30 will stay available. I thought you have T4 already that's why i mentioned it. The T4 upgrade to T7 will not be possible after monday.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:You have all time of the world, after Tuesday T5 remains free and the upgrade offer to T7 for $30 will stay available.
this is kind of 'odd' , so you can always register the free version (T5 now) and then get T7 as an upgrade... weird, why not just make the normal T7 purchase price $30, if effectively thats what everyone can get it for.

anyway, one of the key features Im after from Tracktion does not appear to work (separate post, and also contacted support), so I will wait to see if this is resolved, and then go from there.

Thanks for the info
Mark

thetechnobear wrote:hi,

I wanted to check T5 out now its free.. but when I try to unlock it, it says no valid licence.
(I'm using same username/password as I registered on the Tracktion site, which I can log into, but that also shows no reference to the license)

ultimately, however, Im interesting in getting T7 at the upgrade price... which I assume I can only get if the T5 registration works, correct? I can see I can buy the upgrade, but just concerned, I'll buy it, then when it tries to register, it will not find another traction licence, so will fail to register.
does this validation occur? or can I just but the T7 upgrade?

(my understanding is T7 upgrade offer is only valid this weekend?!)

Thanks for your help
Hey,

I'm also new to Tracktion world and pretty satisfied so far. About a week ago when T5 wasn't free yet, I had the same probs as you when I tried to get T4 free. After I noticed that registration is not working as claimed, I've created an account on T website and conacted the support. Later on they added a license to my account and activating becomes a cakewalk.

Maybe they're having some issues on they registration system due to the rearrangement of T4 free to T5 getting free... who knows. Anyway, I think the whole gettin' Tracktion thing could handled better via the store/marketplace, maybe!? Like other companies doing it by placing the free version of something as a ordinary product with "0.00$" price tag in the store and the usual checkout afterwards.
I think its okay for a free/full license product to use the "store way". But I hate it like poison when companies are forcing you do register for "stupid and limited" Trial version. TSC is hopefully avoiding this nonsense keeping it as it is now for Trials.

Cheers :)

I just downloaded, installed and registered T5 Free today. Afterwords I was not able to order the T7 upgrade from their web site, so I sent an e-mail asking about that to support. The reply I got back states:

"...our free versions are not eligible for upgrade pricing unless during specific promotions - keep an eye open for our newsletter announcements :)"

I then pointed out that they should update the T7 product ordering page to reflect this and received another reply back thanking me for pointing out the misinformation and saying that they would update the page to make it clear that T5 Free cannot be upgraded currently.

Thought I would share this information with everyone here...

Return to “Tracktion”