New free VST plugin «Brandulator» (Windows 32/64)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Brandulator

Introducing the new free plugin «Brandulator» of its own design that creates a special audio effect with a unique sound that is similar to the flanger, vocoder and the harmonizer, but has a different operating principle, in which the input signal is branched into three channels is adapted comb filters, tone their settings can be changed to 16th times per bar.
The effect also functions as a kind of arpeggiator that operates synchronously with the DAW, so the detailed design should have an appropriate time signature, although it is not required. Tonal settings of each channel can be set either manually using the controls, and accident in accordance with a predetermined harmonic law selected from the list, numbering about three hundred different harmonies. Randomization of tones can be performed either manually or automatically at the beginning of each bar 1,2,3..8.

Download links:
Windows 32-bit version (802 KB)
Windows 64-bit version (1.6 MB)

Listen MP3 demos: https://vk.com/page-63761119_52340878
Last edited by vasyan on Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Looks interesting. Will give it a try thanks. :tu:

Just tried this out in Ableton 9.6, there was a massive gain spike on the default preset and the meters would not clear even once the preset was changed or the plugin removed, and instead of giving a db level on the meter seemed to be showing "G# 6" or similar. Shame, as what I could hear of it working, it sounds really musical and novel but I'm guessing not blowing monitors might be a dealbreaker for some. :wink:

What DAWs has this been tested on to date?

shonky wrote: What DAWs has this been tested on to date?
This plugin was tested in FL Studio 12.

Root key must correspond to the primary key of the project in DAW.
For example set monotone sound, and assign to it the effect and experiment with harmonies from the dropdown menu as it shown on the picture:

Also note that your DAW must pass plug timing information In accordance with the tempo of the project. Such DAW like Adobe Audition such information in the plug-in is not sent, so the use of a plug-in such DAW does not make sense.

Guide to the plugin is only in Russian, is available here, use https://translate.google.com

Hi vasyan,

Are there any sound samples available?

Wow, this is really nice. I was using Resomatic as a similar effect, but Brandulator is way more advanced and very CPU efficient. Great stuff! Thanks :tu:
Image Image

Василий, клипует плаг наглухо как только кидаешь его на трек
http://www.pixhost.org/show/513/34672790_brand.jpg
Менял пресеты, и ручку уровня в плагине крутил, не помогает.
(Win7 64bit, студиован 2 64bit)

it seems great : thank you for sharing your creation !

I'm having the same problem as shonky. Massive gain spike. Monitor maxed out at 0dB. Does this plugin need some specific kind of routing setup? I've consulted the translated manual but I'm not understanding a lot of it.

c_voltage wrote:Василий, клипует плаг наглухо как только кидаешь его на трек
Запирается плагин, видно по рисунку.
Как хост правильно называется? Попробую из под него продебажить.

Sound Author wrote:I'm having the same problem as shonky. Massive gain spike. Monitor maxed out at 0dB. Does this plugin need some specific kind of routing setup? I've consulted the translated manual but I'm not understanding a lot of it.
As the full name of the DAW that is used with the plugin?
I tested the plugin work only in FL Studio (version 8 and 12) and Sony ACID 7.
In these DAW the plugin works correctly.

vasyan wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Василий, клипует плаг наглухо как только кидаешь его на трек
Запирается плагин, видно по рисунку.
Как хост правильно называется? Попробую из под него продебажить.
Presonus Studio One 2 (вторая версия, в третьей не пробовал пока).

vasyan wrote:
Sound Author wrote:I'm having the same problem as shonky. Massive gain spike. Monitor maxed out at 0dB. Does this plugin need some specific kind of routing setup? I've consulted the translated manual but I'm not understanding a lot of it.
As the full name of the DAW that is used with the plugin?
I tested the plugin work only in FL Studio (version 8 and 12) and Sony ACID 7.
In these DAW the plugin works correctly.
Actually, I finally got it working. I had to lower my sample rate to 44100 Hz. I must say Brandulator is wonderfully musical! Nice work, really! However, I do wish there was a way to prevent that huge noisy sound when you load Brandulator up in a send channel. I have to switch it off and turn it back on, then it works fine.

- Excellent piece of gear - it's a step sequenced flanger - perfectly musical.
- I'm on FL so it works great, but once changing presets the dials graphics dissapeared.
- The choice of scales is insane.
- This can be the free version. For a pay version, add some of the more standard chorus/flanger behaviour and it can go for $50 or more - if you can change real depth (as in frequency spread, as opposed to currently implemented wet/dry mix), delay length, feedback, # of voices etc... with one or two lfo... WIKID

Very nice and truly unique (IMO) effect.

c_voltage wrote: Presonus Studio One 2 (вторая версия, в третьей не пробовал пока).
Благодарю! Пока не пробовал, попробую чуть позже. Вообщем сделал принудительное обнуление буферов, должно работать нормально. Обновлённый плагин по той же ссылке.
Попробуйте, если также плагин будет затыкаться - буду дебажить конкретно :wink:

Return to “Effects”