Nora 2.56 - little semibugs

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some missbehaviour and / or little bugs have to be reported:

1. no fully display of the clipname in the clipeditor

2. Note grid in clipeditor can not bee seen (too dark)

3. Zoom in clipeditor is not stored (when dragging in a new clip it always jumps back to the default zoom size). It would be usefull to have always a custom zoom size.

4. Playtrack grid not visible (also to dark)

5. Playtrack view not running with the host playcursor (it runs internally with the host but not visible, you always have to move manually to a certain point.

It would be nice to get fixes about these.
Beside this, can we expect 16 tracks instead of this 8. Every workstation has 16 midi channels, so it would be very usable to have at least 16 tracks for remoting such workstations and there are also 16 midi channels here.

Thanks for this great ARP-Sequencer !

Personally, i think 8 tracks are plenty. back when i had the EMU Audity 2000 the 16 arp tracks got a little nuts 99% of the time. i don't know if the OP is aware that there are other skins for NORA?
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Indeed, the most of your problems can be fixed easily to your taste using the Colour/Size/font editor:

1. Size Editor->Pattern Editor->Track width. OR Font Editor->Pattern editor names.
2. Colour Editor->Track->Editor->Grid-> V Line and H Line.
3. Are you using 2.56? The zoom is kept here. Can you please let me know how to clone the problem step by step?
4. Same parameters than 2.
5. It works here. Maybe are you confusing the main play cursor with the time helpers? (try disabling them in Preferences->Playlist time helpers).

About the tracks: Don't worry, they will be resizable and up to 24. If I achieve to include multiprocessing vst inside Nora, they may be unlimited. I say 'may' because I personally like restrictions.

squaredheads wrote:Indeed, the most of your problems can be fixed easily to your taste using the Colour/Size/font editor:

1. Size Editor->Pattern Editor->Track width. OR Font Editor->Pattern editor names.
2. Colour Editor->Track->Editor->Grid-> V Line and H Line.
3. Are you using 2.56? The zoom is kept here. Can you please let me know how to clone the problem step by step?
4. Same parameters than 2.
5. It works here. Maybe are you confusing the main play cursor with the time helpers? (try disabling them in Preferences->Playlist time helpers).

About the tracks: Don't worry, they will be resizable and up to 24. If I achieve to include multiprocessing vst inside Nora, they may be unlimited. I say 'may' because I personally like restrictions.

Hi,

I am using Nora v.2.56.
The size and colour editor works.

to 1:
If I double click any pattern in the pattern editor it always opens with a big zoom size in the phraze editor even if I have zoomed out before in the phraze editor.
I would like to have always a custom zoom size in the phraze editor.

to 4:
The font editor editor doesn't works as expected. I can't find a font for the phraze name and tried several. The most phraze names are too long for this little space for the phraze names in phraze editor.

to 5:
I am confusing nothing.
The PlayList view in Nora (that what you really see) always stays and does not move with the host play cursor.
Example: I start at bar 450 with the host. The playlist cursor in Nora playlist also starts internal from bar 450 but you can not see it, except you move manually to bar 450 in the playlist view editor.
Normally also the view should jump to bar 450 like with a rewired host.
Also disabling the playlist helper doesn't help.
This is a workflow killer when it goes to goes to edit and compose ARP-Sequences anywhere in a longer project.

The playlist cursor in Nora playlist also starts internal from bar 450 but you can not see it, except you move manually to bar 450 in the playlist view editor.
He's right, the playlist view does not jump to see the cursor of the playlist playing. Reaper 5.27 x64, Nora 2.56.

MorpherX wrote:If I double click any pattern in the pattern editor it always opens with a big zoom size in the phraze editor even if I have zoomed out before in the phraze editor.
I got it, I'll try to do something to solve it - in case it isn't solved in the next big release, please notify me - I have 200.000 things to do and I may forgot :lol:
MorpherX wrote: to 4:
The font editor editor doesn't works as expected. I can't find a font for the phraze name and tried several. The most phraze names are too long for this little space for the phraze names in phraze editor.
I was confused about it when you stated the first time. Try the SizeMap->Midi editor->Name width. This value will be deprecated however, since it will be automatically resizable.
I am confusing nothing.
The PlayList view in Nora (that what you really see) always stays and does not move with the host play cursor.
Example: I start at bar 450 with the host. The playlist cursor in Nora playlist also starts internal from bar 450 but you can not see it, except you move manually to bar 450 in the playlist view editor.
This is a workflow killer when it goes to goes to edit and compose ARP-Sequences anywhere in a longer project.
dmitriyK wrote:He's right, the playlist view does not jump to see the cursor of the playlist playing. Reaper 5.27 x64, Nora 2.56.
If I'm right, what you want is an 'autoscroll to cursor position' feature, right? :tu:

squaredheads wrote:
MorpherX wrote:If I double click any pattern in the pattern editor it always opens with a big zoom size in the phraze editor even if I have zoomed out before in the phraze editor.
I got it, I'll try to do something to solve it - in case it isn't solved in the next big release, please notify me - I have 200.000 things to do and I may forgot :lol:
MorpherX wrote: to 4:
I was confused about it when you stated the first time. Try the SizeMap->Midi editor->Name width. This value will be deprecated however, since it will be automatically resizable.
I am confusing nothing.
dmitriyK wrote:He's right, the playlist view does not jump to see the cursor of the playlist playing. Reaper 5.27 x64, Nora 2.56.
If I'm right, what you want is an 'autoscroll to cursor position' feature, right? :tu:

to 2:
I will notify you, for sure !
to4:
I got it with the phraze name size. Thanks !
to 5:
You are right, an "autoscroll to cursor feature" for the playlist view would be very important for a professionell workflow !
(like with a rewired Host)

It will be implemented, I have few requests for it :wink:

kyodeejay wrote:It will be implemented, I have few requests for it :wink:

Sorry, I logged with my personal account (Chrome account remember) :dog:

squaredheads wrote:

Thanks thats really very important, and also please notice on your list the phraze editor user-zoom restore functionallity.

Beside this, in the Instrument Forum is a new post asking if Nora is dead because you haven't released anything within 2016 although you promised it.
I hope there will be a next update or Nora 3.

MorpherX wrote: I hope there will be a next update or Nora 3.
+1 or beta

There will, I didn't work almost 1,5 years in something to have it in my PC :)

And thanks for the notification, I replied him now.

MorpherX wrote:
squaredheads wrote:

Thanks thats really very important, and also please notice on your list the phraze editor user-zoom restore functionallity.

Beside this, in the Instrument Forum is a new post asking if Nora is dead because you haven't released anything within 2016 although you promised it.
I hope there will be a next update or Nora 3.

When I saw that post I wondered why there was no new post in 'Instruments' all year too.

Didn't know you had this company forum . :oops:

BTW. I haven't received a notification about Nora 2.56. The last one I got was 2.52 (Windows 7-32)

Well, I rescued you :D (thanks to MorpherX)

The notifications weren't sent by email because we had problems with our webpage. It's on the way to be completely updated, and it will be before any further update/product.

Yes, I used to check the Nora post in 'Instruments' to see if there were updates.

No I know I have to watch this forum . :D

Return to “Squaredheads”