New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Soarer wrote: A few feature requests, in case they're not already there: A smooth spectral freezer.
Smooth spectral freezer is already in place :tu: There's also an instant-freeze button. Both freeze methods can target different aspects of the spectral data.

Per-module region targeting is an interesting idea, and one that can add a lot of power. I'll have to think of a way to do this without making the interface too complicated.

thelizard wrote: Regarding the instant delay, that's actually Sandman Pro! For those of you in the thread excited about that, SP came out in October and is available with a free demo (https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... n_pro.html). To activate that feature, select "Modern Instant" from the Delay Mode menu.
Thought it was (see edit to initial post), spent a lot of time just playing with Sandman Pro but never got round to reading the manual. One of those joyous bits of kit that always has me wondering "what happens if I do x to y and then use z as a trigger" and hours just fly by. :)

Some weird and wonderful things come out of UA plugins, keep on keeping on! :tu:

thelizard wrote:
Soarer wrote: A few feature requests, in case they're not already there: A smooth spectral freezer.
Smooth spectral freezer is already in place :tu: There's also an instant-freeze button. Both freeze methods can target different aspects of the spectral data.

Per-module region targeting is an interesting idea, and one that can add a lot of power. I'll have to think of a way to do this without making the interface too complicated.
I'm so glad to hear this :)
And thanks for listening to these requests.

Sounds like the murderer of SpectrumWorx.

With their total lack of updates & development in the last few years, pretty sure this thing will replace it in peoples’ toolbox.

Really looking forward to this one, I always love massive & heavy FFT mangling tools.

Excited! Fault and Sandman Pro have quickly become two of my most used effects. Spec Ops sounds like the business!

and its great ever since I got my two UA plugs I have been thinking ... 'Step sequencers would be nice'

Thanks for listening to the voices in my head!
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Interesting - been demoing Spectrumworx today and it sounds really interesting - this sounds very interesting too.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

When will the update for your other products will be out? (mainly about the open UI consuming CPU)

I Really like Sandman Pro! It's possible to do so many cool things with it.
Hope it's ok to post some suggestions about it here.
I would like to have an option to split dry/wet into dry and wet since I find that turning it towards wet decreases dry too much. Most of the time I want a dry signal at full volume. I try to solve it by turning up input or output gain and just raise dry/wet a little bit.
Or maybe you could change the cross fade curve of the dry/wet so that it stays fully dry until 50% or so.

I have some CPU spikes when turning on the sleep button.
Last edited by Soarer on Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Would be nice if the Sandman interface could be updated to be more consistent with Sandman Pro - also patch compatible.

xx JPRacer xx wrote:When will the update for your other products will be out? (mainly about the open UI consuming CPU)
We have a release scheduled for first week of April. Betas will go out in early March to our most affected users. I'll post in this thread and the Sandman Pro thread to alert users when the betas are compiled and ready to send out. We found two major efficiency bugs in all of the modular plug-ins. One of them was an awful denormal bug that I think was causing the most dramatic spikes on certain processors.

Soarer wrote:I Really like Sandman Pro! It's possible to do so many cool things with it.
I would like to have an option to split dry/wet into dry and wet since I find that turning it towards wet decreases dry too much. Most of the time I want a dry signal at full volume. I try to solve it by turning up input or output gain and just raise dry/wet a little bit.
Or maybe you could change the cross fade curve of the dry/wet so that it stays fully dry until 50% or so.

If anything, I would prefer the latter option where we keep one knob but tweak the curve. If I find a better curve, I'll add it to the options menu so that users can choose which behavior they want without affecting old projects and patches.

How dramatic and sustained are the CPU spikes? I think this could be related to the denormal bug mentioned above.

aMUSEd wrote:Would be nice if the Sandman interface could be updated to be more consistent with Sandman Pro - also patch compatible.
Sandman 1.3 should be out sometime this week. We've fixed a number of bugs and introduced options to make Sleep and Filter behave more like Sandman Pro. There won't be interface changes in that update.

G8 1.5 will have interface tweaks to make it look more like the newer plug-ins (smaller title, larger preset menu, less unusual knobs, interface resizing, etc.). I'd like to spin back to Sandman later this year and do the same, as the sideways title now bothers me. I especially want to add a dark interface mode.

I don't think that patch compatibility could be an option, unless you're talking about Sandman Pro importing Sandman presets. Even then, there are some differences between the two that would mean that the presets would never be 1:1 (especially regarding the filter behavior).

thelizard wrote:
Soarer wrote:I Really like Sandman Pro! It's possible to do so many cool things with it.

If anything, I would prefer the latter option where we keep one knob but tweak the curve. If I find a better curve, I'll add it to the options menu so that users can choose which behavior they want without affecting old projects and patches.

How dramatic and sustained are the CPU spikes? I think this could be related to the denormal bug mentioned above.
Great - tweaking the curve was the solution I was hoping for. Maybe several curves to choose from.
The spikes are pretty high, considering this is a New Macbook Pro 2.9 GHz. I think up to 80%.

thelizard wrote: I don't think that patch compatibility could be an option, unless you're talking about Sandman Pro importing Sandman presets. Even then, there are some differences between the two that would mean that the presets would never be 1:1 (especially regarding the filter behavior).
Yes of course I only meant one way, would be good as a starting point for further exploration (and I have a lot of Sandman presets I would love to take into Sandman Pro)

So ridiculously stoked for Spec Ops. Thank you kindly for entertaining my impatience on the Facebook page :)

Return to “Effects”