Device panel sharing thread

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

enCiphered wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:57 am
aMUSEd wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:52 am It's what enables a plugin to have Remote Controls for use with whatever hardware controller you have setup eg

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 11.49.13.png
Ah, I see now. Thanks!
And the device maps you are offering include ANY of the plugins knobs and parameters or do you select which one are the most important and then create the map?
Personally it depends on the complexity and number of params the plugin has. If not too many I will include all that are exposed for automation, but in complex synths like Bazille or Pigments I tend to prioritise rather than include everything as there is a tradeoff between comprehensiveness and usability - I don't want to be diving through dozens of user pages. With Bazille all I left out was the fx though. Thing is anyone can edit them further if they wish, unlike Komplete Kontrol the mapping editor in Bitwig is very flexible and you can move pages (banks) around, insert new ones etc freely

I understand, thanks for explaining and uploading the device maps, great job. Must be a ton of work!

It's worth it to me as I always prefer hands-on control of my plugins - esp synths (plus it helps be learn them by breaking down the interface). Doesn't cost anything extra to share them

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:33 am It's worth it to me as I always prefer hands-on control of my plugins - esp synths (plus it helps be learn them by breaking down the interface). Doesn't cost anything extra to share them
I find it quite generous, considering how much work must be involved. We would also need something like this for NKS, if it still even plays a role in the music world.
So, thanks again for your efforts! Is the list in your very first post the one to look for if I am searching for a specific plugin? Is there a device map for Dune 3 and Lion? Or maybe in the works?

enCiphered wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:38 am
aMUSEd wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:33 am It's worth it to me as I always prefer hands-on control of my plugins - esp synths (plus it helps be learn them by breaking down the interface). Doesn't cost anything extra to share them
I find it quite generous, considering how much work must be involved. We would also need something like this for NKS, if it still even plays a role in the music world.
So, thanks again for your efforts! Is the list in your very first post the one to look for if I am searching for a specific plugin? Is there a device map for Dune 3 and Lion? Or maybe in the works?
There is one for NKS too

For both see my sig

I did one for Dune 2 and it was a lot of work so haven't got round to Dune 3 yet, LION I started - there isn't a lot of params actually available for automation actually - but I should finish it soon

Wow, this is awesome! Thanks :party: :hug:

LION is there now but there is a lot you just can't map - also it has 32 macro slots but hardly anyone even uses 4 so I didn't add pages for them all

Great! I just downloaded and extracted your device and it contains only 1 file: "Default.bwremotecontrols".
I have placed the file inside the folder: C:\Users\username\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Library\.settings\devices.

How can I open the device map now in BW?

Did you keep it in the folder it unzipped? That enables Bitwig to recognise it as all devices have the name 'Default.bwremotecontrols'

Once it's installed it's just a case of loading the same plugin (this is for the VST3 version) and the controls will show up automatically as Remote Controls (I assume you have a hardware device setup to control them with)

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:26 pm Did you keep it in the folder it unzipped? That enables Bitwig to recognise it as all devices have the name 'Default.bwremotecontrols'

Once it's installed it's just a case of loading the same plugin (this is for the VST3 version) and the controls will show up automatically as Remote Controls (I assume you have a hardware device setup to control them with)
Yes, I kept it in the folder, the remote page is empty. But I don´t use a hardware device. I thought I can use the map without one and modulate the parameters with Bitwigs modulators.

I think you should be able to and it should show regardless, not sure why it isn't

No problem, I will test a few more devices later and let you know.

The mapping/preset will only work with the version it was created in (or higher). So if its created in v5.0b, it won't work in v4.4

So when you drag in LION and open the Remote Controls this is what you should be seeing if it is correctly installed
Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 13.49.45.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TR4 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:52 pm The mapping/preset will only work with the version it was created in (or higher). So if its created in v5.0b, it won't work in v4.4
Thanks - that must be it - yes I am on 5 beta 10

Most of the others were made with Bitwig 4 or below though

Return to “Bitwig”