Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just thought that I'd mention that the Waves virtual instrument plug-ins have not been an issue for months now. I did upgrade to Waves version 13.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

With latest versions of Waveform, both Izotope Ozone 4 and Steve Slate VBC rack seem to fail routinely and destroy output - mainly on the master channel. Doesn't happen with T7.
The problem seems to kick in after about 10 minutes or so of working on an edity with them running. Have updated to most recent versions of ilok/slate stuff.
Last edited by metamorphosis on Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

vital and Captain plugins issue... Anyone help me?
Waveform 11 Trial:

I don't have that problem with Vital and I have never used Captain Plugins, so I'm not sure if I can help, but try to right-click the plugin icon and select "Enable DPI awareness". That might fix it.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

ero wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:37 am Image

Captain plugins UI problem. I cant access the plugins at all. This is affecting all the Captain plugins. See image.

Win 10 64bit Waveform 10
Same here in 2022 😡🤣

I downloaded the trial version of Waveform 12.

It failed to scan my Waves plugins (Vst3 x64).

Windows 10.

Giova942 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:00 pm I downloaded the trial version of Waveform 12.

Windows 10.
See your other post on this topic. You need to scan for VST3 plugins separately from VSTs.

I've had no issues with Waves VST3 plugins under v12 (Win 10).
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Watchful wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:57 pm
Giova942 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:00 pm I downloaded the trial version of Waveform 12.

Windows 10.
See your other post on this topic. You need to scan for VST3 plugins separately from VSTs.

I've had no issues with Waves VST3 plugins under v12 (Win 10).
I did that, and every other VST3 plugin loaded correctly. The problem is just with the Waves waveshells files.

Maybe it's because my Waves plugins are version 10. I just can't afford the update.

Why does Waves need to do the waveshells thing - so bothersome. Really wish they would just put out simple updatable VST’s..

Hi!
The new Cardinal Synth's (https://github.com/DISTRHO/Cardinal) VST 3 version has issues with resizing its window (VST 2 version works fine).
I also encountered strange behavior of Tattoo VST (https://www.audiodamage.com/pages/free-and-legacy). I can't remember presets. It's set to the preset no. 1 every time I load the edit.
Also, would it be possible to add a support for VST 3 presets? Not all plugins have their own browser.

Thank you!
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

UnionS8 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:18 pm I also encountered strange behavior of Tattoo VST (https://www.audiodamage.com/pages/free-and-legacy). I can't remember presets. It's set to the preset no. 1 every time I load the edit.
Confirmed in WF9, WF11 and WF12 (Windows 10). Tattoo does not re-load with a preset saved. It does, however, remember data that you have made yourself.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

metamorphosis wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:42 pm With latest versions of Waveform, both Izotope Ozone 4 and Steve Slate VBC rack seem to fail routinely and destroy output - mainly on the master channel. Doesn't happen with T7.
The problem seems to kick in after about 10 minutes or so of working on an edity with them running. Have updated to most recent versions of ilok/slate stuff.
I found that slate vst3 was the problem but seems to be ok with waveform 12

Giova942 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:37 pm I did that, and every other VST3 plugin loaded correctly. The problem is just with the Waves waveshells files.
Maybe it's because my Waves plugins are version 10. I just can't afford the update.
Interestingly, all my Waves plugins scanned just fine. But last night, I tried loading in TrueVerb and it crashed v12. Now Waveform hangs on it when trying to reload it. It passes the scan...but won't load, which leads me to think it's waveshell.

Yes, this is my oldest Waves plugin, and I bet it's v10 as well!
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Watchful wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:23 pm
Giova942 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:37 pm I did that, and every other VST3 plugin loaded correctly. The problem is just with the Waves waveshells files.
Interestingly, all my Waves plugins scanned just fine. But last night, I tried loading in TrueVerb and it crashed v12. Now Waveform hangs on it when trying to reload it. It passes the scan...but won't load, which leads me to think it's waveshell.

Yes, this is my oldest Waves plugin, and I bet it's v10 as well!
I had similar problems until I upgraded my WUP and went to Waves v.13. So far, no issues with that. And I agree with you: I think it was WaveShell as well. Whatever it was, it seems fixed with v.13.

Waves updates are expensive; the WUP only becomes cost effective after you own quite a number of plug-ins and there is a version upgrade as there is a cap on the price.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

Word of warning - I just updated Waves Central to V13.0.15, and now quite a few of my plugins are no longer showing up as installed in Waveform 12 (CLA suite that I see offhand, but I'm sure there are others missing). Haven't figured out how to get them back yet.

Update - I manually dragged the file below into the plug-in window, and some of the missing plug-ins are now showing up. Will see if I can figure out how to get the rest back.

C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\WaveShell3-VST 13.0_x64.dll

Return to “Tracktion”