Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's the first step; the second step I fear is ensuring they don't crash. It's definitely a Waves issue.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

My waves plugins are actually running well in Waveform 12 thus far. The one that immediately locks up Waveform for me is Thorn Synth by Plugin Alliance. Sucks because its one of my favorite synths to use so I hope they can get that one figured out. I'm on Windows 10.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

The VST3 version of Waves SSL Buss Compressor doesn't appear to be working in W12, however the VST2 version operates just fine.
Win11 (64-bit) | 2.6GHz Intel i7 9th Gen, 16GB RAM | UAD Volt 2 | Tracktion Waveform 13 Pro/Cockos Reaper 7/Ableton Live 11 Standard/Presonus Studio One 6.6 Pro | A multitude of paid-for and free VST plugs/samples

jjpscott01 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:51 pm My waves plugins are actually running well in Waveform 12 thus far. The one that immediately locks up Waveform for me is Thorn Synth by Plugin Alliance. Sucks because its one of my favorite synths to use so I hope they can get that one figured out. I'm on Windows 10.
I should add this only affects the VST3 version of Thorn. VST2 version works just fine so I'm not at a loss just yet. Just wanted to put this here so I might get looked into for the VST3 version going forward.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Watchful wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:23 pm
Giova942 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:37 pm I did that, and every other VST3 plugin loaded correctly. The problem is just with the Waves waveshells files.
Maybe it's because my Waves plugins are version 10. I just can't afford the update.
Interestingly, all my Waves plugins scanned just fine. But last night, I tried loading in TrueVerb and it crashed v12. Now Waveform hangs on it when trying to reload it. It passes the scan...but won't load, which leads me to think it's waveshell.

Yes, this is my oldest Waves plugin, and I bet it's v10 as well!
Out of curiosity, I tried loading an older project last night that uses a v10 Waves plugin, and it crashed my entire system hard (had to power cycle the PC; everything frozen).

After reboot, it opened just fine in v11.

What is it about Wave's waveshell that v12 hates so much? I can't even sandbox it because even touch it causes v12 to quit.

UnionS8 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:18 pmThe new Cardinal Synth's VST 3 version has issues
It is very clearly mentioned that the VST3 is beta and does not work properly in all hosts yet (many hosts have differing implementations of the VST3 spec as well). So don't expect it to work properly until mentioned otherwise.
It doesn't make sense to attribute your issue with Waveform directly at this stage.

I am having no issues with with Cardinal synth VST3 version 5:22.04-1kxstudio1 and Waveform version 12.0.54 running in Ubuntu 20.04 with low-latency kernel , so far everything that I have tried has worked great.

@UnionS8 what issues are you running into and I can maybe test those, thanks.

mikoatkvr wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:04 pm I am having no issues with with Cardinal synth VST3 version 5:22.04-1kxstudio1 and Waveform version 12.0.54 running in Ubuntu 20.04 with low-latency kernel , so far everything that I have tried has worked great.

@UnionS8 what issues are you running into and I can maybe test those, thanks.
I'm on Windows, not Linux. But anyway. I can resize plugin window, but plugin itself doesn't chenge its size. Additionally, as @DRMR mentioned, it isn't in a state someone should judge.
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

@UnionS8 I think I might understand your issue. Whenever Cardinal opens up it is scaled to full size and the bottom right corner drag handle keeps springing back to full sized whenever you try to make the window smaller ? I find that if you offset the whole GUI by dragging it down a bit from it's original opening position, you can then change the window size, then goto >view and there is a slider for scaling the the rack itself.

jjpscott01 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:11 pm
jjpscott01 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:51 pm My waves plugins are actually running well in Waveform 12 thus far. The one that immediately locks up Waveform for me is Thorn Synth by Plugin Alliance. Sucks because its one of my favorite synths to use so I hope they can get that one figured out. I'm on Windows 10.
I should add this only affects the VST3 version of Thorn. VST2 version works just fine so I'm not at a loss just yet. Just wanted to put this here so I might get looked into for the VST3 version going forward.
FWIW, in Waveform 12, as on your computer, Thorn VST 2.4 is no issue at all. VST 3 works, but seems kind of glitchy GUI-wise. No crashes, but strange start-stop redraws when moving the GUI around. It's definitely worth a gander, so to speak.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

cjayconrod wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:56 pm The VST3 version of Waves SSL Buss Compressor doesn't appear to be working in W12, however the VST2 version operates just fine.
What version of Waves do you have? I had major issues with several Waves plug-in and Waveform until upgrading to version 13. Since then, no issues.

Sorry if this is an "off" comment. I haven't been following the entire thread.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

What I don't get about that is that the old plugin will work just fine in Waveform 11.5... so how does waveshell *know* which version of Waveform is running and just stop working in 12?

dlandis wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:00 pm
cjayconrod wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:56 pm The VST3 version of Waves SSL Buss Compressor doesn't appear to be working in W12, however the VST2 version operates just fine.
What version of Waves do you have? I had major issues with several Waves plug-in and Waveform until upgrading to version 13. Since then, no issues.

Sorry if this is an "off" comment. I haven't been following the entire thread.
I've updated all my Waves plugins recently. I've just found it's easier to run with VST2 versions in general when it comes to Waveform.
Win11 (64-bit) | 2.6GHz Intel i7 9th Gen, 16GB RAM | UAD Volt 2 | Tracktion Waveform 13 Pro/Cockos Reaper 7/Ableton Live 11 Standard/Presonus Studio One 6.6 Pro | A multitude of paid-for and free VST plugs/samples

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I'm having difficulties using Phaseplant from Kilohearts. Their other plugins seem to work fine, but in Waveform Free, if I try using Phaseplant, it crashes the plugin sandbox. If I disable sandboxing for this plugin, it crashes Waveform.

I can disable the plugin and then restart the sandbox, and the other plugins work again. I can put the plugin into a rack, and as long as I use no midi or audio outputs from that plugin, I can get to the plugin's interface just fine. But the second I try to hook up either a MIDI or audio output, the plugin crashes Waveform's sandbox. I have to either disconnect the outputs or disable the plugin and then restart the sandbox to get other plugins working again.

I'm on Windows 10, and I've tried using other audio devices but this doesn't fix the issue. I prefer Windows Audio (low latency mode), but ASIO, DirectSound, Windows Audio exclusive mode, etc. all have the same results.

Is there some place I can look for an error log?

Thanks!

UPDATE: I ran the plugin validator in Waveform, and it passed the first handful of tests, until it got to this part on line 48 of the validation report:

Code: Select all (#)

*** FAILED: VALIDATION CRASHED

3: UnhandledExceptionFilter + 0x1e7

4: TpDbgDumpHeapUsage + 0x129

5: TpDbgDumpHeapUsage + 0xbe2

6: memset + 0x150e

7: _C_specific_handler + 0x96

8: RtlUnhandledExceptionFilter + 0x2ce

9: _chkstk + 0x11f

10: RtlRaiseException + 0x434

11: KiUserExceptionDispatcher + 0x2e

12: ACFStartup + 0x1f5e5e

13: ACFStartup + 0x7248

23: TpAllocPool + 0xa60

24: TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers + 0xada

25: BaseThreadInitThunk + 0x14

26: RtlUserThreadStart + 0x21

@synergyforge
I've recently purchased Phase Plant. I use it in Waveform PRO 12.0.54 on Windows 10. I'm not experiencing any crashing in Waveform (so far) but I do see the crashing in the plugin validator. It happens when the validator gets to the "Editor" test. My guess is that it might be graphics-related. Try going to Settings -> Advanced -> Performance and change GUI Rendering Mode to Software Renderer. I had problems with some plugins until I changed that a while back.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Return to “Tracktion”