Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tracktion support helped me out. I had to turn Hi-DPI on and reboot Waveform, but it worked: Hi there, it sounds like these plugins are not correctly able to support Hi-DPI mode in Windows.
Please try disabling Hi-DPI awareness to see if this lets the plugins be opened correctly.

To do this, do the following:
1) Open the plugin window
2) Click the "=" button next to the close button
3) Toggle the "Enable DPI awareness" option
4) Close and re-open the plugin window

I'm using Waveform 12 Free, and am looking for an EQ plugin (ideally free) that I can sidechain.

I see that the stock EQs don't have the sidechain dropdown at the top left, like the stock compressor does.

I've long been a fan of the Voxengo Marvel GEQ, and I see that it does have the sidechain dropdown when I use it in WF12. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to use the sidechain input to actually control the plugin.

Are there controls in the plugin's GUI that aren't being rendered properly? Is there some functionality that's missing? Am I just overlooking something obvious? Or is the fact that the sidechain dropdown appears on this plugin some kind of bug?

Any help appreciated! (And if in fact sidechaining really isn't possible with the Voxengo Marvel, despite it appearing to be an option, I'd welcome recommendations for a free or cheap alternative that will do it!) Thanks...

KlaxonLabs wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:40 am EQ plugin (ideally free)
https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/
Free one of the best among paid ones

nowgad wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:13 am https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/
Thanks! Downloaded it tonight, and it's working nicely.

KlaxonLabs wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:13 am
nowgad wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:13 am https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/
Thanks! Downloaded it tonight, and it's working nicely.
After your question, I wondered if there was an alternative to expensive equalizers, with the following criteria: free, with dynamic processing, with sidechain, with a large number of filters, with a friendly, nice interface. And it turned out that there is only TDR Nova, with a limited number of filters and that’s it. But, if you need more filters, then you should look at the inexpensive https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_equalizer_v4.html for €29, this is probably the best offer, plus a built-in AI hint. Although you can use it forever without purchasing it, it is still better to purchase it.

Several Arturia plugins in Waveform 12 open with a tiny GUI occupying about a quarter of the window. Toggling DPI awareness and/or resizing in the plugin setup leads to different results, but never a correctly sized window with the whole GUI visible.

UPDATE/NOTE TO SELF: DPI awareness plus restart PC does the trick.

It isn't a plugin, but Tracktion's own Subtractive instrument crashes Waveform 12 without fail every time I try to use it. The GUI freezes up and hangs the entire program, even with sandboxing enabled.

macOS Sonoma 14.3.1
M3 Pro

Had a (repeated) crash on saving, and Waveform points the finger at the Arturia Rev LX-24 reverb plugin. Anyone else having trouble with this one?

skipscada wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:05 am Had a (repeated) crash on saving, and Waveform points the finger at the Arturia Rev LX-24 reverb plugin. Anyone else having trouble with this one?
Vst2 or VST3? I haven't noticed a problem with LX-24 (vst2 on Windows). Sometimes it's not the plugin that is listed in the log file that is actually at fault I think.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

operandx wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:57 am
skipscada wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:05 am Had a (repeated) crash on saving, and Waveform points the finger at the Arturia Rev LX-24 reverb plugin. Anyone else having trouble with this one?
Vst2 or VST3? I haven't noticed a problem with LX-24 (vst2 on Windows). Sometimes it's not the plugin that is listed in the log file that is actually at fault I think.
Not sure if it was VST2 or 3, actually. Now you mention it, I seem to remember other Arturia plugins tend to work better in the VST3 version. Or was that Toontracks? *Sigh* So many things to keep in mind. Good to know LX-24 should work, though. I formulated my post as a question since I suspect the crashes had a different cause. Main theory: messy routing of sends/returns, submixes and whatever.

Return to “Tracktion”