Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks to this thread, I found a workaround on Hybrid Synth. I didn't know it was displayed underneath the maximized window. Now I can see and edit the synth, but the bug with wrong displaying of the VST3after re-opening the edit still remains in Waveform 12, Windows.
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

I’ve also noticed that the Arturia Plugins that come bundled with an Arturia MIDI controller, are problematic as per Schmidi’s post above. They don’t sit in the window properly, are very unresponsive to mouse clicks, etc., and freeze once first preset is chosen. I’m using Waveform Free V12, on Windows 10. Not sure if the problem lies in Waveform, Windows, or the Arturia VSTs (of course, Arturia appears to be inextricably partnered to Ableton, so am not expecting much help from them in relation to other DAWs).

- Edit -
Since initially writing this post, I've done a bit of digging and updating, and now have working versions of Analog Lab 4 (VST version 6.72.40.761) and Analog Lab V (VST3 version 5.6.0.2890), and also Mini V3 (VST version 5.10.52.608) running in Waveform Free 64 bit version 12.1.8 (Yay!). However, Rev Plate-140 and Stage 73 V2 both remain problematic in both VST and VST3 flavours at this point.
Hope this helps others having issues with Arturia plugins.

I am using the most recent version of Waveform 12 Pro on MacOS 12.6.2. Hornet plugins with resizable interfaces sometimes display incorrectly when using the VST3 versions. They work correctly if opened on an external monitor or if I set the internal display to its maximum resolution. The issue is not present when using AU or VST versions of the plugins. Hornet's support rep told me it's likely related to an old JUCE bug.

abrickwall wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:03 pm Hornet's support rep told me it's likely related to an old JUCE bug.
That's almost certainly the issue. Tracktion (the company) have been hollering about this bug for years, and it's responsible for nearly every gripe on here about problem plugins, I bet. If I recall, JUCE's developers acknowledged this bug, and it's "on the list" to solve, but it's taking years to solve, apparently.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Hi All,

I am still kind of new to the Waveform 12 world and have just noticed that one plugin I use often, has a 'fatal error during validation.' The plugin is the synth Phonec 2.4 from Psychic Modulations (the 64 bit dll).

I've tried running the 'Validate File ...' command and selecting the dll, but the pluginval process never gets past 'Starting tests in: .... /Scanning for plugins located in ...'. I dont see any other info in the screen.

Just curious if any of you have this plugin working or what other steps I can take? It really is the only plugin not being read correctly and I have thrown many, many at waveform 12. :)

Thanks in advance!

hi dopet,
you should submit this to their support site. they are about to release v12.5, so you may have a chance at this being addressed. they don't generally read this thread, though.

Okay, I'm starting to notice the problem of all my 3rd party plugins not working in Waveform Free 12. I don't know what I did or how it happened, but all of a sudden all my VST3 plugins started to not get read, and then all my VST2 plugins started to not get read. Heck, when I check the plugins list in the settings, literally every single plugin shows up in red text, and there's nothing else I can do other than remove the plugins from the list.

Keep in mind, this happened to me just recently, and it hasn't happened before when I upgraded from Waveform 11 to Waveform 12. My plugins still work in the other DAWs I use, like Cakewalk by Bandlab and LMMS, so I hope this bug gets fixed in a future update.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Small tip for all Windows users. If your plugins are no longer displayed in the DAW after a major Windows update or a Windows reinstallation, it may be because the required runtime components for C and C++ are not installed which are apparently necessary for VST3.

These can be downloaded from the Microsoft website:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/w ... -vc-redist (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist)

Edit: Link not visible? Alternative google for "VC Redist".

This has helped me, for example, with Brainworx plugins that were no longer recognized correctly by the DAW after a reinstallation of Windows.

I have a serious question to the software engineers of the WAVEFORM DAW.

Why the hell is it so difficult for you to maintain continuity of plugin-compatibility from version to version??????????

With every version of the DAW you bring out, less plugins are working.

That’s not what is commonly called improvement, you realize that??????????

How did you manage it to make a once good working code to be less and less reliable with time in this regard?????

A fancy GUI and tons of functions is absolutely secondary and useless when
I’m not able to use my favorite instruments and effects!!!!

And that’s why I quit to use your DAW years ago,
although I really loved it.

I download a free version or demo from time to time to see how many of my plugins your DAW will not recognize this time.

You’re really something.

SOLVED

Plugin: Vocalign Ultra 1.3.62.2
Daw: Tracktion WaveForm Pro 12.5.11
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x
Memory: 48gb 3200Mhz

Issue: Waveform to be unresponsive after adjusting Vocalign options randomly

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Purchased the https://relabdevelopment.com/ MEA-2 (https://relabdevelopment.com/%20MEA-2) today.

Doesn't work in waveform. but it does in a free DAW's.LOL...You've been sent a support request too.

L

BIAS FX 2 works only with sandbox. Instant crush everytime!

Hi there,

My Audio Engine always crash when i exit the DAW, using Captain Plugins Epic (so weird).
I own many plugins like these, and i can use all of them for creating new ideas with no issues.
Anyone else with the same issue?

PC: intel i7 11700 32G RAM
Audio: Behringer U-PHORA UMC404HD
DAW: Waveform Pro 12.5.11

Season's gretings!!!!

On Windows 11 64bit, with Waveform 12, Bias Effects 2 (from Positive Grid) will load but the plugin controls don't work and it can't be used.

Return to “Tracktion”