waveform mixer window doesnt open when project is saved

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

when i save the project with the mixer and midi edit windows on different screens, loading the project no mixer appears

same thing happens while i used yosemite with mac pro 4.1
i purchased the mac pro 6.1 and using sierra same results

any ideas ?

Same in Windows. Annoying that it does not remember the layout.

It seems that open tabs are remembered as global Waveform settings, but that info is not saved in the project itself. If you leave any tabs open and close Waveform, they should open back up when you reopen Waveform. But if you have closed any tabs in the prior session, they remain closed in the next Waveform session.

It would be nice if there was a way to save that to the project! :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Ok, I think I may have misunderstood the problem then. If you close Waveform with open tabs, they will reopen when you start it up again.
If you close a project but leave Waveform open, reopening that project will just open the Edit tab for that project in the current window.

This is the designed behaviour.
I think if you're opening an Edit, it would be odd to start opening tabs on different screens etc. so I don't think that's something we'll add.
You can however open an Edit as a mixer tab directly from the "+" button in the tab bar and pressing the mixer button.

basically when i open a project i would like the saved setup to appear in my case one screen has the mixer the other screen midi edit window and the other the main recording (using 3 screens) all my others daws do this

Rangerx wrote:basically when i open a project i would like the saved setup to appear in my case one screen has the mixer the other screen midi edit window and the other the main recording (using 3 screens) all my others daws do this
Tracktion has historically been applauded for it's simplicity with a one-screen interface.

Waveform has only recently added these additional views. I'd rather have them than not. Perhaps there is something more important the developers could work on that has more value than saving a couple of clicks after you open a project?

maybe so but waveform is here and i did purchase for this reason , so why not have what you purchased it for other than that i would stay with t7

example if you buy a car with electric mirriors you would expect them to work , same result mirriors work , and you can adjust manually

Rangerx wrote:maybe so but waveform is here and i did purchase for this reason , so why not have what you purchased it for other than that i would stay with t7

example if you buy a car with electric mirriors you would expect them to work , same result mirriors work , and you can adjust manually
What you are asking for is actually a feature request. Waveform was not advertised as including the functionality that you had in another DAW. There is no universal law for how tab windows should work, unlike mirrors on a car. It works, just not exactly the way you want it to.

You did try the demo before you bought it, right?

why is everyone so touchy its not a complaint but a wish you know wishlist
i did try the demo and bought it because i liked it and give it a thumbs up

Rangerx wrote:why is everyone so touchy its not a complaint but a wish you know wishlist
Not touchy here, and in general I agree with your original request, but in your previous post you seemed to imply that you were ripped off. That did sound like a complaint to me.

All I'm saying is that all DAWs are different, and expecting them to work the same way is an uphill battle.

The Tracktion devs seem to pay close attention to these forums, so we do have their ears. :tu:

It never hurts to make a request. I have several things that I would like to see implemented, but I'm really enjoying the program a lot as it is today.

i'll put it this way waveform is perfect and everyone should follow the lead, love the daw and i do have plenty of daws , at this point cant trust the others crash and errors , ripped off not here unlike cubase that dropped vst2 support thats in a way a rip off forced to use other daw the new ivory studio dosent use vst3 dont need work arounds

so complain not at all , complaint when i purchased it you had midi issues but i knew you will resolve and you did so BRAVO for your team

my only request keep up the good work

one more word it was tech support suggested for me to post here maybe i can find an answer

and it became complicated

zzz00m wrote:
Rangerx wrote:why is everyone so touchy its not a complaint but a wish you know wishlist
Not touchy here, and in general I agree with your original request, but in your previous post you seemed to imply that you were ripped off. That did sound like a complaint to me.

All I'm saying is that all DAWs are different, and expecting them to work the same way is an uphill battle.

The Tracktion devs seem to pay close attention to these forums, so we do have their ears. :tu:

It never hurts to make a request. I have several things that I would like to see implemented, but I'm really enjoying the program a lot as it is today.
thinking about this , the post i made was directed towards a user not tracktion the user didnt like the mixer window addition, so i responded

Return to “Tracktion”