Waveform new features requests

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll add my 2 pence. I moved from 32 to 64bit OS recently, and had a few 32bit vst that I like, and that I couldn't find in 64bit, probably because the were old and free, I resisted jbridge thinking it would be another possible problem to deal with, however finally bought it, and at the time cost me about 12 or 13 GBP, not a lot of money for the work it does and the effort in making it.
I have had no issue with it at all, works fine once the vst's have been bridged, you just dont know its there.
I will say that I have deliberately keeps my vst folder to just about 20 to 30 plugins.
Obviously if you have a large 32bit vst collection then it will take some time to set up, but once done, it just works away in the background( for me at least)
intel i3 2120 cpu @3.30 GHz, 16gb ram, Win 8.1
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

solomute wrote:If am not mistaken those memory limitation for 32-bit OSes exists only for microsoft windows and for example 32-bit linux supports more than 4gb RAM. If it is so than that limitation was just a commercial trick and a shift to 64-bit had been planned a long time before. Anyway I have nothing against 64-bit. The problem is that by refusing to create internal support of 32-bit by bridges or other way the companies hiddenly let us use jbridge. And that jbridge has become a kind of monopoly and it means that if jbridge can't process this or that specific vst you have no other choice than to abandon and forget that vst forever. But why should i forget it? Maybe it's the best vst in the whole history of vsts.
Then you should contact the developer, and ask why they've not updated the best vst in the whole history of vsts to 64 bit. Incidentally, what's it called, this VST? Sounds ace.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Can you implement the panning possibility into sends' tab for us to be able to pan sends instead of inserting another volpan filter?
samplitude is the best daw for me. To have studio like sound before asking questions on any audio forums in the internet please read the book by alex unlocking fx creative potential

Then you should contact the developer, and ask why they've not updated the best vst in the whole history of vsts to 64 bit. Incidentally, what's it called, this VST? Sounds ace.
Are there any chances for a sole programer to fight against corpotations? That's why they no longer develop and have to work somewhere else. Especially since 2008.
samplitude is the best daw for me. To have studio like sound before asking questions on any audio forums in the internet please read the book by alex unlocking fx creative potential

solomute wrote:If am not mistaken those memory limitation for 32-bit OSes exists only for microsoft windows and for example 32-bit linux supports more than 4gb RAM.
You're mistaken. 32-bit Linux systems support more than 4Gb of system RAM in exactly the same way as some 32-bit versions of Windows support more than 4Gb of system RAM. However the 4gb per-process memory limit exists in both, and its that limit which 64-bit systems defeat.

If it is so than that limitation was just a commercial trick
Erm, no. It was a 'commercial failure to predict what might happen 30-odd years in the future', a design decision made in the late 80's when Windows NT was first being designed at a point in time when 4 megabytes of RAM would have cost a couple of thousands of dollars.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

solomute wrote:
Are there any chances for a sole programer to fight against corpotations? That's why they no longer develop and have to work somewhere else. Especially since 2008.
whit? :?:

We need vst-ma support. Windows hosts that only support the VST ort VSTi standard are currently no compatible with the plugins. The midi functionality of these standards is too limited for the plugins. It is necessary that the hosts support VST-MA. Generally, the plugins will only work on Windows with the listed hosts above. http://www.midi-plugins.de/#Download

It's probably not what you want to hear, but why do you continue to waste your time with a DAW that clearly fails to meet your needs in so many ways? Don't you just want to make music?

There are so many other choices out there ...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

solomute wrote:We need vst-ma support.
Why? Isnt Cubase still the only host that supports them? And there are bugger-all third-party VST-MA plugins out there, wouldnt surprise me if Franks' were the only ones.

In fact MFX, (which is what Sonar etc uses, not VST-MA) probably has more 3rd-party plugins.

Left - Right Arrow for switching VST Plugin programs ....

<< - Preset Name 1 - >> (See screenshot)

Changing by navigation to dialog entries is nice, but "clicky".
Please add some left and right arrow to let us also can navigate step wise through them (in-/decreasing by preset id by 1).

Would be veeery helpful.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SIL3NC3_SWX wrote:Left - Right Arrow for switching VST Plugin programs ....

Please add some left and right arrow to let us also can navigate step wise through them (in-/decreasing by preset id by 1).

Would be veeery helpful.

Thank you.
++

Would be veeery helpful.

Thank you.
That would be nice, but ...

While that preset browser seems to work in older plugins such as OBXd, and TAL Noisemaker, not all plugins use that fxb/fxp bank standard anymore. Try loading a newer synth from u-he, AIR, or KV331 SynthMaster for example, and you are forced to use the preset browser in the plugin UI. It works with the classic z3ta+, but not the updated Z3TA+2.

Most of the SONiVOX plugins seem to use the old standard. However I also noticed that it still works with NI Reaktor Player 6, but not Kontakt Player 5. Not working with UVI Workstation, either.

But perhaps the oddest thing I noticed is that the Waveform preset browser doesn't work with Collective!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Isn't there already the feature to change presets via . and , ? I can scroll through presets via those keys.

It's probably not what you want to hear, but why do you continue to waste your time with a DAW that clearly fails to meet your needs in so many ways? Don't you just want to make music?
There are so many other choices out there ...
I have tried reaper before. It consumes more cpu. But now I am going to test another daw since I get reboots when waveform\tracktion is loaded more than 50% of cpu. I hope that I won't have reboots in another daw. Which daw do you use or recommend? My mainboard or PSU is faulty and only 1\3 of ram slots work. I have tested cpu under benchmark and no reboots with 100% load probably because hdds are not extensively used as with daws. But there is still a possibility that waveform + jbridge interfere. I will check cpu load in reaper and if I manage to have 100% load without reboots I will certainly leave waveform\tracktion for another daw.

zzz00m wrote:

Would be veeery helpful.

Thank you.
That would be nice, but ...

While that preset browser seems to work in older plugins such as OBXd, and TAL Noisemaker, not all plugins use that fxb/fxp bank standard anymore. Try loading a newer synth from u-he, AIR, or KV331 SynthMaster for example, and you are forced to use the preset browser in the plugin UI. It works with the classic z3ta+, but not the updated Z3TA+2.

Most of the SONiVOX plugins seem to use the old standard. However I also noticed that it still works with NI Reaktor Player 6, but not Kontakt Player 5. Not working with UVI Workstation, either.

But perhaps the oddest thing I noticed is that the Waveform preset browser doesn't work with Collective!
Realistically I don't think we can ever expect them to support proprietary preset formats, it is up to the developers for those plugins to make sure they are fully compliant with standards like communicating with the host what the preset name is and many do not even do that for the loaded preset let alone the whole bank. However I agree it's daft they don't support it for their own (not just Collective, Biotek has the same problem). And they also need arrows. I would prefer to see all these presets integrated into the side browser though too - not some dropdown at the bottom.

Return to “Tracktion”