FB-3100 - KORG PS-3100 Emulation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FB-3100

By Full Bucket Music.

Interesting synth, so this could be good.

click to go to kvr product page
Last edited by ENV1 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Only had a quick play, but so far so good. Nice sounds as expected from full bucket. Will explore more over the weekend :tu:
:tu: All is good

Damn I missed this! Wow! :O
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Very nice ,i would also love to see patch cables like the original .
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Thank you, guys!
sergiofrias wrote:Very nice ,i would also love to see patch cables like the original .
Yeah, but see the FB-3100 manual for a short explanation why I decided against virtual cables.

Cheers, Björn

You're on fire Björn. :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Just downloaded. Will mess with it right now :-)

Just a question: Why not make the extra step and release a 3300 (for what I understand, basically you would just have to triple the oscillators)? Would it be too much?
Fernando (FMR)

The PS-3300 is a bit more (and less...) than a triple 3100.
But you are right, there is some logic in your reasoning :hihi:

Cheers, Björn

Full Bucket wrote:The PS-3300 is a bit more (and less...) than a triple 3100.
But you are right, there is some logic in your reasoning :hihi:

Cheers, Björn
So, can we expect it? :hyper:
Fernando (FMR)

How about a Poly-800 emu ? Molly-800 :hyper:
:tu: All is good

Mhhhm. Thanks Nice plugin. But the mouse-wheel still do not work to change the dials in Ableton Live. Like any other FBM plugin.
rabbit in a hole

:love: :love: :love:

Only had a few minutes with it so i cant say much about it yet. However, i immediately noticed that all of the selectors (Waveforms, Feet, Trigger) respond to horizontal mouse movement instead of vertical, and that irritates a bit. Maybe they could be made to work like all the others? Its odd having to drag a knob sideways.

(Im glad that they dont respond to both though. Theres nothing more annoying than a control that responds to mouse Y and mouse X at the same time, but unfortunately thats exactly the case with a lot of plugins these days. So thumbs up for not following this wierd trend.)

PS: Mousewheel seems to work sometimes and sometimes not. When i started the session i was able to roll the wheel over the knobs and they would respond accordingly, but eventually they wouldnt anymore. No idea what the problem is, but i will let you know should i find out.

EDIT: Now the knobs do respond to mouse Y and mouse X at the same time. (Except the selectors.) I could have sworn they didnt earlier. I wonder if this and the mousewheel going non-functional have anything to do with each other. Will have to keep an eye on this.

OK, i was able to find out what the problem with the mousewheel is.

- When i start the plugin (in this case in SAVIHost) the mousewheel doesnt work.

- When i click into the presetname box to highlight the text, and then on a free spot on the UI to un-highlight it, the mousewheel works.

- When i click on the desktop and go back to the plugin the mousewheel is non-functional again and another click into the presetname box is required.

So the problem is definitely a focus issue. The suspicion that there might be a relationship between it and the controls responding to mouse Y/X at the same time turned out to be wrong, i.e. they do that whether the mousewheel works or not. No idea why they didnt seem to at first.

Wow! This is a fantastic synth. Full Bucket did it again. Great sound possibilities!

Thanks very much!

After some messing around with it, I found a couple of things, behaving oddly. Guess these are the normal bugs in a first release. Some of the problems only seem to appear after playing the plugin for a while.

The "per voice EG" seems to switch to HOLD mode at some points (HOLD function mode is on "normal", i.e. non-PS-3100) and HOLD itself is off. Still after a while notes get stock and I need to manually switch HOLD on and off again to release them. (Attack parameter is below 50%).

I also noticed at times that some controls needed to be kicked (i.e. the knob needed to be moved slightly) to get into the right position and entries in the patch bay forget their settings, despite showing the right value.

Another question is whether the "AMP MOD" with Audio Rate MG1 (on triangle) also is so noisy on the hardware? I think it would be great if the modulation signal could be band-limited before the amplifier.

I am currently using the 32bit version in my Reaper 5.40 32bit (on Win7 64bit).

Cheers,
Martin

Return to “Instruments”