VA Synth similar to TyrellN6 (paid)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

really love TyrellN6 for the sole purpose of making Dub Techno (!= Dub Step). Been on the hunt, not for a replacement but a new "team member". WILL PAY FOR IT GOOD MONEY.

What I want / need:
- Make Dub Stabs
- Midi Program Change is a must
- Nice Integration with Maschine (Macros, most Synths do anyway)
- A VA with a touch of vintage but a modern UX

What I already own:
Falcon + a billion presets
Monark, Massive, .. (Komplete Select)
TyrellN6 and a ton of freeware synths (you don't say)
Bazille, Zebra, so no more U-He..

What didn't fit:
- Spire
- Avenger
- Serum

Taking suggestions.

Well .. the Tyrell engine went on to become Diva if I’m not mistaken, or at least the Juno-y bits of it so you may have to dip back into U-he territory.

What's wrong with Massive for doing dub stabs? If you haven't already, work with the feedback module and routing.

generaldiomedes wrote:Well .. the Tyrell engine went on to become Diva if I’m not mistaken, or at least the Juno-y bits of it so you may have to dip back into U-he territory.
Yes - so Diva or Uno LX

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-u-no-lx

Thanks guys. Nothing wrong with these - just looking out to extend the spectrum. So keep suggestions flowing, if you like. :)

So you have GAS. :clown:

I'm exactly in your same genre and the only synth I use for stabs, chords and pads is Dune 2.
Last edited by ferranastals on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris-S wrote:So you have GAS. :clown:
Na, not really. ;) I'm actually selecting pretty carefully and based on tight requirements what I buy next. This is really about broadening the sound spectrum - Dub Techno isn't exactly a genre with a lot of variation content wise (arguable of course), so I need to keep the sounds interesting. And some of my Synths, they are great but the sound is often too fat.

Haven't yet checked Dune, I got a "CM"-Version of it, need to take a look at the full version.

Sylenth1 perhaps.

As another possibility (though there's nothing wrong with Diva for this), take a look at Kontour. One nice thing about some of the NI synths is the way they use feedback in the signal path and this is another one - you can get a lot of variation by feeding things through the comb filter into the SVF and back round again. I like feedback for this kind of sound and lotsa feedback is in the spirit of dub anyway.

Rather than the wavetables of Massive, this is more of an FM synth. The stretch-tuning options do more tonally than you might expect for chord stabs (it's the small number next to the little keyboard icon in the display of each oscillator). The default preset Oxygene Roads only needs a little bit of modification to get into the ballpark for dub stabs.

Spark is another less-obvious choice from NI - though a bit harder to tame than Kontour. The only problem with these two is that they run inside Reaktor, which makes patch management a bit more tricky.

Gamma-UT wrote:As another possibility (though there's nothing wrong with Diva for this), take a look at Kontour. One nice thing about some of the NI synths is the way they use feedback in the signal path and this is another one - you can get a lot of variation by feeding things through the comb filter into the SVF and back round again. I like feedback for this kind of sound and lotsa feedback is in the spirit of dub anyway.

Rather than the wavetables of Massive, this is more of an FM synth. The stretch-tuning options do more tonally than you might expect for chord stabs (it's the small number next to the little keyboard icon in the display of each oscillator). The default preset Oxygene Roads only needs a little bit of modification to get into the ballpark for dub stabs.

Spark is another less-obvious choice from NI - though a bit harder to tame than Kontour. The only problem with these two is that they run inside Reaktor, which makes patch management a bit more tricky.
Are those in Komplete or Komplete Ultimate? Gotta wait for the next sale, not gonna spend $400 / $1000 for the upgrade. Just bought a very expensive Midi-Controller from NI (gibe intended) .

waves element 2. Different character than most but definitely full of character.

Can be had for 29.00 on sale.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

db3 wrote:Sylenth1 perhaps.
Yeah, was the first thing which came to my mind as well. Definitely a "VA with a touch of vintage".

hollyWorse wrote:Are those in Komplete or Komplete Ultimate? Gotta wait for the next sale, not gonna spend $400 / $1000 for the upgrade. Just bought a very expensive Midi-Controller from NI (gibe intended) .
Spark and Kontour are both in Komplete Standard I think.

In my opinion you don't need new synth - what's wrong with Massive or Zebra? But if you really need to spend money, just try Dune2, Sylenth1, Harmor or Thorn demo.
yzcoruhT

Return to “Instruments”