2.3.3 RC 2 available

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bitwig Studio 2.3.3 RC2 has been released and is available for testing to all version 2 license holders.

https://www.bitwig.com/en/download.html

Changes in Bitwig Studio 2.3.3 RC 2
Released on 20.04.2018.

FIXED iZotope Ozone 5 VST3 didn't load since BWS 2.3. (plug-in crashes when invoking IUnitInfo::getUnitCount but we were able to skip it).
FIXED Many device- and modulator knobs show "NaN" and stop working when manually entering negative values.
FIXED Not possible to save preset to library due to special characters in the VST plugin name.
FIXED Regression: Automated parameters cannot be changed when sequencer is stopped.

Changes in Bitwig Studio 2.3.3 RC 1
Released on 10.04.2018.

FIXED Update automated values based on the playback start time.
FIXED When switching through the same presets of Phase-4 over and over, the "optimizing devices" messages don't stop flashing.
FIXED Scene launching on Nektar LX25+ does not work correctly anymore.
FIXED When using the scroll wheel while performing a rectangular note selection, the selection rectangle moves instead of growing in size.
FIXED Vertical autoscrolling does not work in clip content note editor.
FIXED Incorrect waveform painting in clip crossfade area when second clip is looped in some cases.
FIXED Crossfade silences 2nd clip in some cases.
FIXED Setting negative frequencies on oscillators are read as NaNs.
FIXED Regression since 2.3: cursor layer does not follow clip cursor in layered note editor.
FIXED Setting chooser value from a controller knob could sometimes set them in a random order.
IMPROVED Add a generic 16 channel MIDI input controller script to allow selecting of a MIDI channel as input.
IMPROVED Long creator names in the side panel browser cause the browser to expand.
IMPROVED Key repeat is sometimes badly detected on Linux causing unwanted note on and off events when recording audio using computer keyboard.
Last edited by ere2learn on Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IMPROVED Add a generic 16 channel MIDI input controller script to allow selecting of a MIDI channel as input

The new 16 channel midi input selector is a good start. But if you add this script to multiple input devices, the list is just to long.
Could they not have put them in some kind of drop down collapsible list

cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

It doesn't seem work for me (unless I have missed the point), If I select am instrument (say Kontakt) and load 3 instruments each on a different midi channel I cant switch between them depending which channel I select, am I missing something?

This also seems to be a free update even for people who are out of subscription? :clap:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

hi Slic

ill try and explain how i use it, maybe it will help you?

i go to BW settings / controllers
then i add controller manually and choose generic /16 channel input by bitwig
then from the drop down menu of the new controller you have made
( in my example i select the Beat step pro )

now i make 3 tracks with vst´s
from now on i can select the midi input from the BSP 1, 2, 10

like i said in my post, if i now want to do the same again with another controller
your selection list is so long its hard to see whats what. where as if they had put them in a drop down list
it would be nice and tidy

cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Would be good if they can fix the truncated 32 bit plugin GUIs before I get locked out of the updates

turbo_kev wrote:hi Slic

ill try and explain how i use it, maybe it will help you?

i go to BW settings / controllers
then i add controller manually and choose generic /16 channel input by bitwig
then from the drop down menu of the new controller you have made
( in my example i select the Beat step pro )

now i make 3 tracks with vst´s
from now on i can select the midi input from the BSP 1, 2, 10

like i said in my post, if i now want to do the same again with another controller
your selection list is so long its hard to see whats what. where as if they had put them in a drop down list
it would be nice and tidy

cheers
Kev
Thanks- I have previously been using 'midi outout' for selecting different channels on my multitimbral hardware and VST's)- I.e. Host a multitimbrel instrument, then make a new track, select notes to track then select the midi channel I want to play (from the litle drop down box) and duplicate as necessary-

What is the deal with selecting a midi inputs this way (what am I missing!) over what I am doing?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Slic i just think its a lot less mucking about

I have an axiom pro 49 keyboard that can have 4 split points all on different midi channels
now i just make 4 tracks all with different vst¨s all with the same controller but on different midi channels
for different sounds over 4 different octaves with one keyboard
you could already do this with a very early script by Thomas
but as far as i am aware you could only use it on 1 device at a time

anyways i am a happy bunny iv been waiting for this for ages
they have to sort out the massive list you get if you use it multiple times though
but it did say improved, so perhaps they eventually sort the mess out fingers crossed

cheers
kev

turbo_kev wrote:Slic i just think its a lot less mucking about

I have an axiom pro 49 keyboard that can have 4 split points all on different midi channels
now i just make 4 tracks all with different vst¨s all with the same controller but on different midi channels
for different sounds over 4 different octaves with one keyboard
you could already do this with a very early script by Thomas
but as far as i am aware you could only use it on 1 device at a time

anyways i am a happy bunny iv been waiting for this for ages
they have to sort out the massive list you get if you use it multiple times though
but it did say improved, so perhaps they eventually sort the mess out fingers crossed

cheers
kev
Ah got it thanks, you are using one output device and split to 4 channels simultainiusly, I am just using 1 device and sending it to different channels (one at a time) and then the midi chanel plays back on that chanel after I have recorded (so I can have just 1 instance of Kontakt with 4 instruments on different midi channels record in and play back on midi tracks selected to that channel...what I am not trying to do is play them from the same device at the same time with splits!

I have an Oxygen 88 that does 4 zones to 4 channesl, I will give it a go!

Just a bit of a backstory:
I recently asked Bitwig to remove my old scripts from the Controller Library since they were creating strange problems once again (the JS API is broken for me since 2.0) and the inclusion of this script now is a kind of reaction to that move.

IMO it is high time that Bitwig solves the Midi issues internally and so I felt that my scripts somehow prevent that by creating a workaround that was good enough for a while but now should really be fixed at the core.

I leave my scripts on Github for the time being and also leave my old tutorials up, although they aren't as relevant anymore (and you can use the same script multiple times now for a couple of years (@turbo_kev) - that was a BWS bug ;-) ).

I would encourage everybody to keep the pressure up for a even more underlying fix of the Midi situation, Channels need to be first citizens and be recorded into the track. I asked for that even before official release of BWS 1.0 and can't believe it's still not there. That's just impossible for a DAW in 2018.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Hi Thomas

would it be easy for them to make a drop down of all the 16 channels instead of 1 gigantic list
like i said before, If i use this script on multiple controllers, the input list page is massive
it would look so much tidier with a drop down

Sorry @Thomashelzle after i tried your script couple of years back, and it only let you have one device i gave up with it
and never thought of giving it another try with later versions of bws
cheers
Kev

double post
Last edited by turbo_kev on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I can add as many as I like here - did you actually assign Midi ins and outs to each instance?

And yes, this needs to be solved on a different level than a script, directly in the interface and as part of track and Midi recording.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

hi Thomas

it was me being a twat
i already had a controller assigned
then i tried to add it to the script
once i removed it , it hen works ok
so yes it looks like you can have as many as you want
if your monitor has the screen real estate for the list LOL

cheers
Kev

ThomasHelzle wrote:I can add as many as I like here - did you actually assign Midi ins and outs to each instance?

And yes, this needs to be solved on a different level than a script, directly in the interface and as part of track and Midi recording.

Cheers,

Tom
+1 a bunch of times

this is the last major sticking point for me... Bitwig's poor handling of midi channels. Get that sorted and I wont have to share duties so much with Logic.

turbo_kev wrote:IMPROVED Add a generic 16 channel MIDI input controller script to allow selecting of a MIDI channel as input

The new 16 channel midi input selector is a good start. But if you add this script to multiple input devices, the list is just to long.
Could they not have put them in some kind of drop down collapsible list

cheers
Kev
In Toms Script i can deactivate some channels easy with notepad3 but where is the Bitwig Generic Script.
Is it hardcoded?
«» Music everywhere.. | Bitwig & Kushview Element user «»

Return to “Bitwig”