ETA on live remote collab feature - is it dead, or does it just smell funny?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anybody know if this feature is still on the cards? It seems that 4 years since announcing it's in the pipeline would mean it's done or it's not happening.

pretty sure it's still on the list.

Probably a huge dev-resource hog, I hope it's dead.

svervs wrote:Probably a huge dev-resource hog, I hope it's dead.
me and my friend across the country hope it's not :shrug:

This would be a nice extra to have, after much more important updates.

xx JPRacer xx wrote:This would be a nice extra to have, after much more important updates.
+1

I would imagine that it is in some way part of the fabric of BWS rather like modular is. Opening it up across 3 platforms may be difficult, but it must be feasible as it was there from the beginning....As has been said, people have hardly been shouting for it and given the limited amount of developer time, there are other priorities.

They said networking would come in V2, we are on 2.4 and at the current upgrade rate will still be 2.x for the next 2 or 3 years, so it may still come in V2.9 :D
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Likely on the list but there are higher priority items to fix without any doubt.

This + the integrated M4L style modular system were the only reasons I bought BWS. A long wait indeed! Lucky for me it's awesome without them.. :)

Besides adding a few missing things that every other DAW has and ironing out a few more bugs. I don't know what could be a higher priority then a promise made to get people excited about Bitwig.

Would love it to be implemented. Would be a huge step for those using BitWig live with a band. Would let BitWig take a huge part of the live market i think.

Don't hold your breath, guess Ableton's Link beat them to the punch.

Tearing Riots wrote:Don't hold your breath, guess Ableton's Link beat them to the punch.
Really? All it does is link the tempo between 2+ sequencers.

On-line collaboration would be something else entirely - like in Google Docs, you could have 2 people working on the same project file, seeing each other's edits instantly and being able to build off of each other's ideas that much quicker.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Bitwig”