Orchestral Essence, an orchestral/hybrid soundset for zebra

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Kel wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:31 am Hi all.

Any interest yet? I think im going to put the latest version (as of last week) in a download service cloud anywhere. of course, for free.

I have a working bank for synth1(300+ patches) fully orchestral that sounds amazingly good to my old ears, any interest on it? I developed it to help with the zebra bank when I didnt know what I was doing :).

Regards!
Interested, too.

I'm also very interested in this sound bank. Please publish. 👍

ralfrobert wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:33 pm

Any interest yet? I think im going to put the latest version (as of last week) in a download service cloud anywhere. of course, for free.

I have a working bank for synth1(300+ patches) fully orchestral that sounds amazingly good to my old ears, any interest on it? I developed it to help with the zebra bank when I didnt know what I was doing :).

Regards!
Interested, too.
Hello Kel, I am still intrested!

Regards!
Hi Kel, I am intrested, but why not upload both banks here on Kvr? I am sure your contribution will be greatly appreciated!

surreal wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:20 pm Hi Kel, I am intrested, but why not upload both banks here on Kvr? I am sure your contribution will be greatly appreciated!
True! now that everything is free, I see no problem. Ok, I will try and inform you here, thanks!

Had to move files from an old HDD to a new SDD, so ... it went slow. (hours!)

Regards.

BTW. Just loaded synth1 on a big screen, click on panelsize inside de synth options (opt) and choose the biggest pannel size (250).

Hi!

I tried to upload to KVR free patches, but for a 3 mb upload the button stays forever and doesn't seem to upload. I will look for other ways to upload.

mega.nz
https://mega.nz/register

there you can create an free account.
---

EDIT. If you see no patches at first run, copy the contents of the zip to your zebra2.data/zebra2 directory and it should recognize it now.

Ok done.
https://mega.nz/file/qUdxhYoY#BznNGnRMM ... KnlpT5WPJg

You can dowload and test the file, extract and put the folder on your zebra user directory (the old way).

Experiment with it. Some volumes are fixed, some are a bit off. Some controls are off, or do not work. the names are a bit criptic... There are shorts, longs, ensembles, spiccatos, pizzi and marcatos, some simple solos (for now). Still doing patches so its a work in progress.

I really love the frenchhorn patches, and the ensembles. There are orchestral trumpets, and trombones. Improved harps, timpanis, Taikos... Oboes, english horn, flutes, piccolo, I think I didnt miss a basic instrument in an orchestral context. just experiment.

Happy to share and hope you find it useful in your tracks.

Regards,
Al Gómez.

Any problem just contact me, happy to help.
Last edited by Kel on Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

:tu: Thank you for your work and sharing
---

changed the file again, download link updated. Made a bit more of cleanup. Now the volumes should be ok on almost if not all instruments.

https://mega.nz/file/qUdxhYoY#BznNGnRMM ... KnlpT5WPJg

I will update the bank here, when I do changes.

Hi Kel, thank you very much! Your effort is greatly appreciated!

https://mega.nz/file/aJNgVarb#-CLKZyto8 ... sMC6KmVjbI

Updated. Added some fixes and reordered the flutes so you dont get like 10 sounding similar.
Also, check that some instruments alone sounds shite, but if you put them in context (i.e. emsembles) sound convincing.
And let's not forget there is no legato, it's doable with a synth but you need Xfade controls and a lot of work for only one instrument. Also, music without legato, is still music, isn't it?

Regards.

Thanks Kel-Al! Bought it in 2019 and am happy you released it in its latest version. :)

nevis wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:26 pm Thanks Kel-Al! Bought it in 2019 and am happy you released it in its latest version. :)
You are welcome.

Yep, I've been secretly adding stuff just for sharing when I couldn't offer more support.

Now I'm a bit off work, (with all the economic chaos) and in the middle fixing patches. It's absolutely impossible to stop doing music stuff, even in my case (I'm the worst composer in the world).

BTW, check the frenchhorn patch terminated in v5, and all the files with ensemble in the name, those are the best sounding. The trumpets ending in CBpro sometimes sounds legato in a fast phrase.

And I hope there is a sonic difference now, well I learned a lot about substractive synthesis and zebra effects :)

Bump.

Just for updating. many things to fix, but now you have best sounding emsembles classified and renamed, a bit of fixes on several sounds, a proper timpani, some new Low shorts strings. Just check it out.

Regards, AL.

https://mega.nz/file/6UdhmCxY#6QxuaF4LB ... 6LxgM49Dic

Return to “u-he”