Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks, Heinz.

macOS ARM native version is underway, but likely to be pushed into early next year as I just can't see myself finding time to get into it finished this year. It's not just the product itself, its the infrastructure around it that can take time, such as updating the automatic build system.

I'm in a good position, ARM-wise, as a lot of the backend code was developed and/or tested on ARM anyway (specifically, on a Raspberry PI, as its relaxed memory model highlighted threading bugs that would go unnoticed on x86.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Hi Colin, not sure if this is helpful for your build system, but we have the following things in our CMake system:

Code: Select all

cmake -Bbuild -GXcode -DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES='arm64;x86_64'
This creates the Xcode project with both architectures. In the CMakeLists.txt file itself, we have this line to set the AAX build to x86_64 only:

Code: Select all

set_target_properties(${TargetName}_AAX PROPERTIES OSX_ARCHITECTURES x86_64)
We haven't done intense testing yet on ARM since we're still waiting on some proprietary libraries to get ARM ports, but this has allowed us to at least test that the UB2s compile without issue. Anyway, I hope that might save you some searching around.

Thanks, Michael: I've bookmarked your advice. I don't actually use cmake for these projects, but it is something I'm considering switching to when I do update the build procedure. So yes, handy to know indeed!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Quick bug report:

I've attached an aux step sequencer to the duration parameter of a poly step sequencer.

If you use the inspector on the poly step sequencer, the duration slider is consistently displaying the wrong value. It is mostly pegged at 1/128th notes, but it's audibly playing much slower. Disconnecting the aux sequencer will then make the poly sequencer play at 1/128th.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thelizard wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:25 am Quick bug report...

Hey Colin,

if you look for ideas for example patches for Architect, this could be a nice inspiration:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=556054
(Only the pitch bend quantisation part)

Cheers and looking forward to the next release... :-)

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:03 pm ... this could be a nice inspiration:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=556054

Happy new year everyone !!
and happy birthday architect , two years of beta :)
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Happy new year to you all too. May 2021 be a better one than 2020!

Happy New Year to all the Architect Enthusiasts..

Just wondering how development is going , are we there yet ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

It's going well, thanks; but as you can tell, also taking longer than anticipated.

Exciting to hear, I've got so much to dig into for the time being but really looking forward to it!

Hi there, what is the .scale format for importing scales? Where can I find scales in the .scale format to download? Thanks

It's a proprietary scale format (unfortunately) using XML.

So a scale like this:

Would be stored as:

<Scale>
<Name>Hungarian Folk</Name>
<Version>1</Version>
<AppVersion>0.11.0</AppVersion>
<Degree>0</Degree>
<Degree>1</Degree>
<Degree>4</Degree>
<Degree>7</Degree>
<Degree>8</Degree>
<Degree>11</Degree>
</Scale>

I will add support for other scale formats at some point, as this request does seem to come up a lot. On that note, are there any particular scale formats you'd like to see supported?

(In the interim, I can't imagine it'd be difficult to write a Python script to convert to this format. If you have some scales you want to use, I'd be happy to take a look at converting, or providing you with a script to do it yourself.)

Return to “Loomer”