Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Colin will make a lot of people happy now :) if he released Architect whatever presets or patches or templates he has finished. He can always add more later and make us even happier. :)

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:49 am Approaching 4th year of beta !🤪
🤔 this software is brilliant but could certainly use more resources.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:06 am Colin will make a lot of people happy now :) if he released Architect whatever presets or patches or templates he has finished. He can always add more later and make us even happier. :)
I feel it would help the software to be released and promoted a bit, get some more paying customers onboard...

digitallysane wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:52 pm I feel it would help the software to be released and promoted a bit, get some more paying customers onboard...
Yes, I do agree, and believe that will be the case.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:49 am Approaching 4th year of beta !🤪
Happy 3th birthday architect :D
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

And thanks to you for your continued support. It's always a pleasure to see what contraptions you've built.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Hey all, I'm new here. Just purchased Architect a couple of days ago and am really inspired by its possibilities. 2 questions so far- is there a bank of presets/starting points anywhere that I am missing? and is it normal for effect VST's to crash the standalone program when they are inserted onto mixer channels that have VSTi's on them? I've been using Reaper since version 2 so it's easy for me to completely miss some functionality/assume things work like Reaper. Regardless, I'm looking forward to getting deep with this program. the timing is right since I've just started sketching out ideas for a new record. Thanks!

ama diver wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:26 pmis it normal for effect VST's to crash the standalone program when they are inserted onto mixer channels that have VSTi's on them? I've been using Reaper since version 2 so it's easy for me to completely miss some functionality/assume things work like Reaper.
No, that is not expected behaviour: I'll get it fixed. Does this happen for every plug-in, or is it only certain plug-ins?

So far every plugin. And in reaper it happens with Arturia effects (and maybe others) if I try to insert them on the same channel. I’m on windows 11 and the newest update of reaper

ama diver wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:44 pm So far every plugin. And in reaper it happens with Arturia effects (and maybe others) if I try to insert them on the same channel. I’m on windows 11 and the newest update of reaper
Windows 10 here.
Not very clear what your question is (since you say "standalone"). Is this with Architect standalone or Architect as a VST inside Reaper?

I quickly tried the same config in both Architect standalone and Architect as a VST inside Nuendo.
One track with UVI Falcon synth followed by a Melda WaveFolder FX VST.

In both cases it works very well.

Stand-alone architect. Not hosted in a daw.

I also tried it in reaper using architect as a vst with similar issues.

Does Windows show you a report when the program crashes, or does the program just disappear without a trace?

Disappears without a trace. Doesn’t get hung up or frozen. Instant vanish

That's my least favourite form of crash!

Could you please send me your Architect.log log file? If you firstly delete the log, then run Architect so that it crashes, and then send me the results, that'd be great. There isn't much in the way of identifying information in the log file, other than your machine specs, but if you are concerned about privacy you can email it to me at support (at) loomer.co.uk.

Thanks.

I seem to have fixed the problem in a pretty strange way. My interface has been acting strangely since updating to windows 11 (Merging technologies Anubis) and I read that turning off the ability for the computer to sleep in the bios menu could alleviate some of the issues and it did. It also made this crash stop happening. So the bug is not with Architect, it is with the Anubis software. It is an incredible sounding interface but it can have some quirks when not set up properly. Thanks for your time with this/ sorry for the confusion

Return to “Loomer”