Church Psalter, Orchestrated (8Dio Adagio)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/mediumaevum-arti ... dio-adagio

I'm looking for some ideas on how to better orchestrate this piece. Is this worth working on?
Last edited by mediumaevum on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sounds good! I have two points of critique. First off, when the woodwinds come in, it's a nice addition to the all-string arrangement up to that point but then, when the full strings come back, the woodwinds go away, and we're basically back where we started. Why not keep some woodwinds? They can even just double the strings. Secondly, the piece ends on a second inversion, with the bass playing the fifth of the chord. It sounds weird for this style of music. It'd be much more final to have a root position chord.

nineofkings wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:26 pm Sounds good! I have two points of critique. First off, when the woodwinds come in, it's a nice addition to the all-string arrangement up to that point but then, when the full strings come back, the woodwinds go away, and we're basically back where we started. Why not keep some woodwinds? They can even just double the strings. Secondly, the piece ends on a second inversion, with the bass playing the fifth of the chord. It sounds weird for this style of music. It'd be much more final to have a root position chord.
Thanks. I followed your suggestions. Is it better now?

Return to “Music Cafe”