Are your Sugar Bytes plug-in GUIs too small or don't fit your monitor screen size?

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I figured out the process for Windows for some of the older plugins that won't accept the registry resize (Consequence, Egoist, Obscurium, Artilery, Effectrix, Turnado, Unique, WOW). First open the plugin and use the Shift + PageUp method which will double the size of the plugin. Then go into the registry and change the "resizefactor1" decimal value to the percentage scale you actually want (150 would be 150%). Now I finally have all my Sugar Bytes plugins running at 150% scale.

I think they are adding a "forceresize" value of 1 to the same registry key as the "resizefactor1" value when you press Shift + PageUp in the plugin.
Core i9-7940X | Asus Prime X299-A | 64GB DDR4-3200 | Samsung 950 Pro 2TB Sys, 860 Evo 4TB Data | Steinberg UR824 & CC121 | Virus TI Desktop | Roli Seabord Rise 2 | Nektar Panorama P6 | Nektar Aura | Roland VG-99 | Win10 Pro x64 | Cubase Pro 12

psynical wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:10 am I have the opposite problem. On my standard res display, which is 2560x1440px these plugins are massive, nearly taking up the entire screen. Even at 90%, they're way too big. Does anyone know how to fix this?
I've emailed the devs too, so hopefully this can be changed.
did you receive a response from the sugar byters? this is a real issue on my 4k monitor. their 90% mode is way larger than it should be. clearly a bug they did not test thoroughly enough on larger res monitors.

Guitarist badly needs an update too ... What Sugar Bytes should concentrate on is bringing vector graphics to all their plugins ... it would benefit them in the long and their customers

Omniphonix wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:52 pm I figured out the process for Windows for some of the older plugins that won't accept the registry resize (Consequence, Egoist, Obscurium, Artilery, Effectrix, Turnado, Unique, WOW). First open the plugin and use the Shift + PageUp method which will double the size of the plugin. Then go into the registry and change the "resizefactor1" decimal value to the percentage scale you actually want (150 would be 150%). Now I finally have all my Sugar Bytes plugins running at 150% scale.

I think they are adding a "forceresize" value of 1 to the same registry key as the "resizefactor1" value when you press Shift + PageUp in the plugin.
This is Very Helpful!!
Thank you!

Sugar Bytes wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:07 am

Hi 2NDMOUSE,

ok, if the shift and page down / page up workaround is not enough for now I think I have a workaround which could work for you. Therefore please start the registry editor. Press the "Windows" and the "R" key at the same time and enter 'regedit'.

Then press OK and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Sugar Bytes/Effectrix

There you can see which resize factor is set. Now open the entry with a double click, click on Decimal at Basis and and manually enter a lower value for resizefactor. Start with 120, if that is not enough try 140. This should force a higher zoom scale

After adjusting the registry it's also essential to restart your computer to make the adjustment permanent.

This should hopefully fix it.

Anyway, we'll work on an easier solution.

Best,
Nadine
Thanks.
New PC. Had to reinstall 13 of your plugins again. Was painless enough, but still....that multi-install client you mentioned would have been very welcome. It would make updating a lot easier too.

Anyway, just wanted to say I tried the registry hack with Egoist and it's the perfect size when I adjusted the decimal to 120. Very simple fix. Thank you =)

Return to “Sugar Bytes”