E-MU 1616m, 1212m, 1820m, 0404 Audio Interface - Complete Windows 10 (1903 & Above) Installation Guide

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDEG wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:34 pm Hello Yuk

I removed all drivers and EMU associated softwares. When i plug the Card bus PC Card in the PCMCIA slot, i hear a sound and I find in the device manager under the tab called "other devices" a new item " multimedia audio manager". So all seem to be working well wtihout any hardware failure. The failure seems to be in the sofware driver with the Card bus PC Card. Shall i need to change any name in EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1 ?
Your problem is probably from PCMCIA slot. Searching for PCMCIA error code 12 seems to see people running into similar problems. It's worth trying the suggested solutions

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/thread ... 10.292877/

Don't remember fix for 1820m monitor knob to work. Could anyone help please?

pokorny.dean wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:08 am
mw wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:52 pm
pokorny.dean wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:06 am Can someone help me with Emu 0404 Pcie? I have done everything from fix suggestion, but when I start Patchmix it gives me an error "You don't appear to have sufficient E-MU hardware to load the session in your system" and I don't have any sound, does anyone know to fix that?
I had the same issue because I didn't restart in safe mode from set #4 "Install the EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA drivers and RESTART INTO SAFE MODE". I was able to get past the insufficient hardware warning once I installed the driver EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA in safe mode.
Thanks, but in my case that didn't help. I resolved issue from following the text from one website (http://kit-amp.com/e-mu-1212m-pci-in-windows-10) and if someone has the issue this following fix can help, it also works for 0404 Pcie:

"Instructions for running E-MU 1212m PCI in Windows 10 with any update:

The vast majority of users of E-MU products, once acquainted with their products, decided for themselves that they would use them until they find something better or until the product fails. The reason for such sympathy is very simple and it lies in the exceptionally good quality of playback and recording on E-MU sound cards. Despite some compatibility issues with old motherboards and the last driver update date - May 2011, E-MU sound cards continue to be popular and delight their owners.
But, unfortunately, May 19, 2019. update 1903 was released and the E-MU 1212m/ E-MU 1616m cards stopped working, with the following announcement when starting the PatchMix shell:

You don`t appear to have sufficient E-MU hardware to load the session in your system.
This may be because the session expects more E-MU hardware than what you have
installed on your system

Do not be upset - there is a solution to this problem and step-by-step instructions for fixing it, see below:

Download:
1. «Driver E-MU»
2. «PatchMix E-MU»
3. «Driver X-Fi»
(for Win10)

"Driver E-MU" and "PatchMix E-MU" are installed in the standard way - by clicking on them. “Driver X-Fi” (exe file) must be unpacked again into a previously created folder, for example Driver X-Fi, after which we will see the following files in this folder:

Operation of the E-MU 1212m/ E-MU 1616m with other driver versions and PatchMix has not been tested and is not guaranteed.
1. It follows that the first thing to do is to remove the installed driver and PatchMix.

2. Install "Driver E-MU" - reboot.
3. Install "PatchMix -E-MU" - reboot.
4. Find the E-MU E-DSP Audio Processor (WDM) in Device Manager and right-click on "Update Driver"
5. Select "Find driver software on this computer"
6. Select "Select a driver from a list of available drivers on your computer"
7. Select "Install from disk"
And specify the path to the unpacked files earlier \Driver X-Fi\Drivers\wdm
8. Choose a file «wdma_emu.inf»
9. Choose a driver “Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (VDM)»

and click "Next", after which the system will issue a warning that the installation of this driver is not recommended. Click continue "Yes"

10. After installing the driver, the system will report a successful installation
11. Restart your computer

After restarting the computer, in the device manager, our card will be displayed as "Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (WDM) - this is normal and does not affect the operation of the card in any way

The card works again and continues to delight with its great sound!!"

Hope this helps, I tested on my PC and it works.
Has anyone tried this solution on the E-MU1616m?
And does it solve the problem with fullduplex mode?

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello,

Manny thanks for this Download for the E-MU_Windows_10_Install.zip file from https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar-KCv7xikVOh23zeXTESuD8k2ih (https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar-KCv7xikVOh23zeXTESuD8k2ih).
Noticed that it was earlier available as exspected.
But now followed the instructions succesfully, I have after 2 years now a working E-MU 1820 on Windows 10 x64 2H22 on ASUS PRIME DH370 Plus Intel Core i7 9700k 32G RAM.
Again, manny thanks !!!
hkopp64
Last edited by hkopp64 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

May be also important to mention before following the instructions, i have by regedit (in Run taskbar by right mouse click on windows start) done a searche on "E-MU" and removed all the hits on this to be sure all the E-MU history configurations are cleaned up.

regards

hkopp64

Hi guys, I really like the 1616m and recently updated more fx hardware effects. And now I got the following issue within cubase pro 10.5.30. I am sending two tracks in cubase to 2 different OUTs on the Emu 1616m. randomly one of the output is silent. When muting the other track in cubase and then switching back to the first suddenly I can here signal processing via emu 1616m.
I guess thats a problem with emu 1616m driver and not with cubase pro. everything is routed fine. Its randomly.
I also have installed the windows 10 drivers from kvraudio.
Does somebody know this issue?
thanks to all 1616m users.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
lestra wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:10 am Don't remember fix for 1820m monitor knob to work. Could anyone help please?
Restart audio services in windows

Create a file with bat extension and execute as administrator:

Code: Select all (#)

@echo off  

if not "%1"=="am_admin" (powershell start -verb runas '%0' am_admin & exit /b)   
net stop audiosrv    
:: pause    
net start audiosrv    

Just a quick fyi that my Windows 10 Pro 64 system upgraded itself to 21H2, and I ran into the same issue that @pokorney.dean and others have reported. My solution was to remove everything and follow the directions in the first post of this thread - basically a reinstallation from scratch.

I didn't do the X-Fi driver installation, and so far it appears not required. Working great using a 1010 PCI card, which shows up as E-MU E-DSP Audio Processor (WDM) in Devices. I haven't explored the full duplex issue reported elsewhere, however.

<tHX Bro

Maybe some useful information, for the people using an external dock. Recently I upgraded the utp cable to a ftp shielded cat 8 cable for the dock. I use this 1616m mostly for vinyl recordings. First thing that happened. While monitoring the vinyl input in SoundForge the db meter was now quiet. No vinyl is being played. With the original utp cable it was dancing around in the low -72 db range. I also compared an old and same new vinyl recording in Foobar with the Dynamic Range meter. And found out the dynamic range after the cable upgrade was 0,3 db better than before. Listening to the recording with the new cable, the sound was fuller and more detailed. I upgraded the cable on a second 1616m which I use for tape recording and there was the same result. Just better overall sound quality. The cable was only 4,99 euro for 3 meters at the Action store.

mexced wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:35 pm Maybe some useful information, for the people using an external dock. Recently I upgraded the utp cable to a ftp shielded cat 8 cable for the dock. I use this 1616m mostly for vinyl recordings. First thing that happened. While monitoring the vinyl input in SoundForge the db meter was now quiet. No vinyl is being played. With the original utp cable it was dancing around in the low -72 db range. I also compared an old and same new vinyl recording in Foobar with the Dynamic Range meter. And found out the dynamic range after the cable upgrade was 0,3 db better than before. Listening to the recording with the new cable, the sound was fuller and more detailed. I upgraded the cable on a second 1616m which I use for tape recording and there was the same result. Just better overall sound quality. The cable was only 4,99 euro for 3 meters at the Action store.
I was just looking to replace my cable with a longer version to reach my standing desk but thought I had to use a cat5 cable. Thanks for this info! Can you post a link to the cable you used?

They don't have it on their site. If you don't have an Action store. Look for a S/FTP Cat 8 Cable 40Gbps, 2000MHz on Amazon.

Also helps to add ferrite clamps to the end of each cable if your cable doesn't have them already.

The cable is shielded so you don't need ferrite clamps.

machuk wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:54 pm
lestra wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:10 am Don't remember fix for 1820m monitor knob to work. Could anyone help please?
Restart audio services in windows

Create a file with bat extension and execute as administrator:

Code: Select all

@echo off  

if not "%1"=="am_admin" (powershell start -verb runas '%0' am_admin & exit /b)   
net stop audiosrv    
net start audiosrv    

Thanks!

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”