EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uninstall everything and now I get the notice that I do not have any creative product to install. The 1010 does not recognize me. I do not understand, is it something from the pc? the pci slot maybe? It is the only one that has my motherboard

My sound card E-MU1616m PCI-e works but there is one problem!
What cannot be recorded via the WDM driver?

At the very beginning when member ClubHouseKey posted how to configure the driver i did it successfully with a small script update. Example when you record a game via Nvidia game overlay you cannot record a microphone over the sound of the game, It's like the microphone is off. Please note that the microphone is included in the settings in Windows 10. Only this problem is present, with ASIO drivers I did not notice this type of problem. I hope that there is a possibility to solve this problem as well. My guess is that the problem with Windows 10 is that they have locked or shut down something.

I apologize for bad English
Best regards
tobra

l_maseroni wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:06 pm Uninstall everything and now I get the notice that I do not have any creative product to install. The 1010 does not recognize me. I do not understand, is it something from the pc? the pci slot maybe? It is the only one that has my motherboard
Yes, it might be...
I have had this problem maybe 2/3 times over 17 years in a couple of PCs.
Try removing and then replacing the 1010 or try another PCI slot.
As to win 10 problems, can't help with any of that as I still use win7.

Hope it works after the cap replacement.

toonertik wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:57 am
l_maseroni wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:06 pm Uninstall everything and now I get the notice that I do not have any creative product to install. The 1010 does not recognize me. I do not understand, is it something from the pc? the pci slot maybe? It is the only one that has my motherboard
Yes, it might be...
I have had this problem maybe 2/3 times over 17 years in a couple of PCs.
Try removing and then replacing the 1010 or try another PCI slot.
As to win 10 problems, can't help with any of that as I still use win7.

Hope it works after the cap replacement.
Uninstall everything, plug another device into that pci slot (a network card). Take out the network card, reconnect the emu, install everything and now it works. But sometimes I start the computer and I get the insufficient hardware message, in those cases I restart and it is solved. It is quite annoying but for now

Has anyone ever connected an EMU to a notebook with a PCI / USB adapter?

tobra wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:18 amMy sound card E-MU1616m PCI-e works but there is one problem!
Does anyone have this problem as me?

updated to windows 10 2004 today. the procedure is still working!
you can keep the "old" driver and patchmix beta. no need to reinstall :party: :tu:
http://bit.ly/2YL42ix <- YouTube Abo grandfilou.hiphop :tu: :phones:

tobra wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:38 am
tobra wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:18 amMy sound card E-MU1616m PCI-e works but there is one problem!
Does anyone have this problem as me?
Have you tried to put that "wave host send" onto the mic strip in patchmix ? If this doesnt work, have you tried OBS Studio to see if "nvidias overlay " is the problem?

grandfilou. wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:43 pm updated to windows 10 2004 today. the procedure is still working!
you can keep the "old" driver and patchmix beta. no need to reinstall :party: :tu:
Very good news. Thank you

you`re welcome
http://bit.ly/2YL42ix <- YouTube Abo grandfilou.hiphop :tu: :phones:

auron wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:28 amHave you tried to put that "wave host send" onto the mic strip in patchmix ? If this doesnt work, have you tried OBS Studio to see if "nvidias overlay " is the problem?
The "wave host send" is set, look at the picture I posted, it can be seen on the right.

I saw your pic but you misunderstood my suggestion. You can drag and drop sends onto empty slots .
emu send.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dear Colleagues!

I just registered here to say THANK YOU for all the information you've shared here on these old EMU soundcards. :party: :clap:

My 1820 is back after 16 years of the original purchase. It's just unbelievable. You spared a lot of money for me! Many times I wanted to sell this card. It was sitting out-of-order, unused on a shelf for years. Now I built a new system, and I'm using my old EMU again! :hyper:
Unfortunately I couldn't use it in WIN10 for communication software (like Skype), the WDM driver just didn't work for mic/recording. I tried all the VB-audio stuff, no sucess. The sound bubbled. But for playback WDM worked flawlessly in WIN10. Asio is also working properly.

How ridiculous these driver situations are!! Someone could write proper up-to-date drivers and sell them. But to throw away these gears just because the drivers are outdated, it's another form of wasting resources.

One question maybe someone has the knowledge: Is it possible to use the EMU DSP effects in DAW (Cubase), I mean to integrate the hardware DSP effects of the soundcard, and use them in DAW (without routing out each asio channels separately )?

Please continue to share your knowledge!

Long live all of you! Take care!
Best wishes from Central Europe!

Well... MS managed to mess up things again. If anyone takes the Win10 ver 2004, it will find the cards deactivated again.
My E-MU 1820 included. The X-Fi drivers are not working anymore and I am hoping for a Creative update.

Well... MS managed to mess up things again. If anyone takes the Win10 ver 2004, it will find the cards deactivated again.
My E-MU 1820 included. The X-Fi drivers are not working anymore and I am hoping for a Creative update.
First of all, if I understand you correctly, you have been attempting to use the built-in Windows drivers NOT the patched Creative ASIO drivers. I have only been able to get full functionality in terms of being able to record Windows Wave output and other inputs when using the Creative ASIO drivers even when the Emu card was brand new.

The most recent Win 10 problems seem to have started with one of the more recent Win 10 updates. Starting with these more recent updates, it appears that Microsoft somehow obtained an essentially generic driver set of files from Creative for the most basic configuration of 2 channels in and 2 channels out. They relabeled these as Microsoft files if you examine the properties. The original 1820 and 1212 driver properties would always show it as being from Creative NOT Microsoft. This "updated" driver with a MS label will not fully expose the full capabilities of an 1820 or 1616 hardware setup on a Win 10 PC.

That is the entire point of the patch scripts and the use of the XFinity card drivers in that patch process. The hardware chips on the 1010 card in either your 1820 or 1616 hardware are still being used in the current XFinity line of sound cards. That is why replacing driver files selectively with ones from the XFinity drivers allows you to get that full functionality back.

That said, at some point, many will draw the line and move on to a newer replacement for this hardware. I still have an 1820m installed in my old DAW PC. But with my current PC, I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 USB interface. Mine is a "generation 1" interface and Focusrite is now on their 3rd generation of this interface. I picked this interface as being as close in total functionality to 1820m as possible while keeping the latency acceptable and the price somewhat reasonable. The interface also comes with an application for the PC that is somewhat similar to the PatchMixDSP application in that it allows configuration of the interface and has a mixing console GUI for it. Plus, Focusrite is still providing updated drivers even for my old "Generation 1" interface.

As to the issue of Creative ever issuing an update to the drivers, forget about it. It will never happen. In fact Creative has sold the name and logo rights for Emu to some company making headphones. Any hope that they (Creative) will do something about these Win 10 update driven problems is futile.

I hear from others that these Emu cards can still be made to work with patched drivers so as long as that continues to be the case, you can possibly keep yours working. But we are in a multiple Band-Aid covering up ripped out stitches for a serious wound to stop the bleeding sort of world now with these cards.

Rawl

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”