If you can run these, I'm VERY interested ....

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know, everybody has their list of must-have plugins, but IMHO these are the most challenging ones I own for Receptor to support. If it can handle these, I'm impressed:

- NI Reaktor 4 - this is a must-have for support. Reaktor is NI's flagship synth and frankly it can do things nobody else can.

- SynC Modular - very similar to Reaktor, same deal.

- Voxengo Pristine Space and SIR. The big deal here is how do I get the IRs onto the Receptor?? Can I store random WAV files on the Receptor HDD?

- Come to think of it, the entire Voxengo line.

- Elemental Audio Firium and Eqium

- Waldorf D-Pole, Attack, and PPG - given Waldorf is out of business, how can I get these things working on the Receptor?

- CONSOLE VST/VSTi - a modular VST/VSTi host like this one or perhaps like energyXT is a must-have for something like Receptor. One interesting question - CONSOLE can translate DX/DXi into VST/VSTi ... does that mean I could run DX plugs inside Receptor ... ?

- DelayDots SpectrumWorx - another deep and complex plug

- SmartElectronix Ambience - just because it's the best modeled reverb I've heard yet

- Come to think of it, the entire SmartElectronix line

- FXpansion DR-008 - it's now a VSTi and would be a kicking addition

- rgcAudio sfz and SpeedSoft VSampler - how are sample libraries made available to these? Will they run on Receptor?

- Green Oak Crystal - another must-have

- Anything made with SynthEdit, including things with custom modules - just because half the VST universe seems like it is now SynthEdit based

Is there a way people can test drive the Receptor? E.g. maybe will it be in my local music store, or is there some other way people can try it in some way before they plunk down the $$$ ... ?

dburgan wrote:- Waldorf D-Pole, Attack, and PPG - given Waldorf is out of business, how can I get these things working on the Receptor?
What kind of copy protection do these have?
dburgan wrote:- SmartElectronix Ambience - just because it's the best modeled reverb I've heard yet

From SmartElectronix we have Bouncy, H2O, MadShifta, OnePingOnly, s(M)exoscope, and Supa Phaser
dburgan wrote:- FXpansion DR-008 - it's now a VSTi and would be a kicking addition
DR-008 is comming very soon.
dburgan wrote:- rgcAudio sfz and SpeedSoft VSampler - how are sample libraries made available to these? Will they run on Receptor?
sfz, Triangle I, Triangle II, and z3ta+ are included.
dburgan wrote:- Green Oak Crystal - another must-have
Crystal is included.
dburgan wrote:- Anything made with SynthEdit, including things with custom modules - just because half the VST universe seems like it is now SynthEdit based
A lot of SynthEdit plug-ins are included. Many others are very easy to install.
dburgan wrote:Is there a way people can test drive the Receptor? E.g. maybe will it be in my local music store, or is there some other way people can try it in some way before they plunk down the $$$ ... ?
Your local music store is your best bet. Where do you live?

Dan
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

the rgcstuff is INCLUDED?

Or it will run.

If it's INCLUDED.. then you have brought me from very not interested (from the pace discussion).. to on my way out the door to try one.

Also, what about console, elemental audio, voxengo and convolution plugs?

DanTimis wrote:
dburgan wrote:- Waldorf D-Pole, Attack, and PPG - given Waldorf is out of business, how can I get these things working on the Receptor?
What kind of copy protection do these have?
Honestly I'm not sure. I got the "Waldorf Bundle" from Steinberg, and there was definitely some kind of CD-based copy protection going on, but once it is installed it is like any other VSTi. It definitely installs something funky like hidden registry keys or something because if I just copy the files from one machine to another, they won't run on the target machine.

DanTimis wrote:
dburgan wrote:- SmartElectronix Ambience - just because it's the best modeled reverb I've heard yet

From SmartElectronix we have Bouncy, H2O, MadShifta, OnePingOnly, s(M)exoscope, and Supa Phaser
Ouch ... no Ambience?? Or are those just the ones that come pre-populated? Is it possible to install VSTs or VSTis from my PC to the Receptor?

DanTimis wrote:
dburgan wrote:- rgcAudio sfz and SpeedSoft VSampler - how are sample libraries made available to these? Will they run on Receptor?
sfz, Triangle I, Triangle II, and z3ta+ are included.
Again, how do I get the sample libraries onto the Receptor? Sorry if these are clueless questions but I just don't understand the relationship of Receptor to my PC.

DanTimis wrote:
dburgan wrote:Is there a way people can test drive the Receptor? E.g. maybe will it be in my local music store, or is there some other way people can try it in some way before they plunk down the $$$ ... ?
Your local music store is your best bet. Where do you live?

Dan
Dallas Texas area. The biggest music stores around here are Guitar Center and Brook Mays (yuck).

Robert Randolph wrote:Also, what about console, elemental audio, voxengo and convolution plugs?
Agreed, just want to know if these come with Receptor, or if they are installable from my PC to Receptor?

Also, for the convolution plugins, how do I get IRs to the plugin?

i'm pretty sure the rgc plugs come with it. why on earth isn't there a list on the website of the included plugs (4oo worth apparently)

Here, there is the list of plugins included :

http://www.museresearch.com/receptor_plugins.php

SpIdErWeB wrote:Here, there is the list of plugins included :

That's not the list I would have made :?

I'm not sure if I understand the question or the responses here, but if all those things mentioned are INCLUDED in Receptor, I would be impressed too. What does thing thing cost?

Anyhow, of all the things you mention I only have the free ones Crystal and Triangle, so you will not be impressed with me.

PS If the ozone range, GPO, VSampler, Sonic Synth etc does not impress you at all it is my own problem.

dburgan wrote:Ouch ... no Ambience?? Or are those just the ones that come pre-populated? Is it possible to install VSTs or VSTis from my PC to the Receptor?
The Smart Electronix plugs mentioned are the just the ones that ships witht he box. But Ambience can easily be installed onto Receptor. There is an "unsupported plugins" feature on Receptor thrugh which free plugins like Ambience can be installed. I personally have used Ambience with Receptor, and it works great!
dburgan wrote:Again, how do I get the sample libraries onto the Receptor? Sorry if these are clueless questions but I just don't understand the relationship of Receptor to my PC.
Receptor stores all of its samples on its hard drive in a directory called "Samples" (clever, huh?). That directory can be accessed via network or crossover from your PC, and you can store any Samples there. If you have a huge library and need more space than we provide, then there are 4 USB 2.0 outs to which external hard drives can be connected, and your samples can be stored there as well.

Robert Randolph wrote:the rgcstuff is INCLUDED?

Or it will run.
The rgc:audio plugs (sfz, Triangle I, Triangle II, and z3ta+ -- one of my personal favorites) are included.

Nick at Muse wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:the rgcstuff is INCLUDED?

Or it will run.
The rgc:audio plugs (sfz, Triangle I, Triangle II, and z3ta+ -- one of my personal favorites) are included.
Does this mean that z3ta+ is pre-installed as a demo, or you have an actual license for it when you purchase Receptor?

SpIdErWeB wrote:Here, there is the list of plugins included :

Oh lovely, well worth £1500 :roll:

This thing is joke init :lol:

sickle666 wrote:Does this mean that z3ta+ is pre-installed as a demo, or you have an actual license for it when you purchase Receptor?
z3ta+ comes with Receptor as a full functional 30 day trial. If you already own z3ta+, then rgc:audio offers a free crossgrade.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”